Priorities

Priorities

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

A State of Mind

Moves
13 Oct 07

Life is like a two way compass, each needle pointing on two opposite directions. I look to the West and I see the setting sun. I mourn and lament it's passing like that of an age-old friend. I look to the East in hope of a new dawn: the dawn of a new hope. But hope is a cursed four-letter word, for I have seen the sun set, and I do not believe I will see it rise again.
If the epitome of evil is that of chaos, then when the world is as it is today, are we not in a state more confused than that of the dark ages? The world blurs the lines of reality and actual laws which have been in place since the dawn of time; the will to break any rule set before people is so great, that as a human race, we are more disrupted than grackles on a utility pole being shot at! What hope is there when those still relevantly close to the true cause are isolated and confused? What is there to hold on to anymore in this world?
When have priorities been any more disrupted than today? Day after day, we question fundamental pillars of concepts that have been so clear until now. The questions of war versus peace; evolution or creation; global warming, climate change, or nothing; to kill or not to kill; what constitutes a life; and many others, though important, are merely distractions from the real problem: that less are believing that God can make a profound difference in their lives.
It is widely accepted that God exists, but we fail to realize how He exists. Nothing can exist without God saying it can (so to speak), therefore, every particle of matter has a purpose in some way or another. That particle is part of God’s master plan, and since nothing can exist without God, it is only logical that God exists everywhere, in all of his creations. Every time we question His authority over us, we are going against His will, and saying that we are wiser than God is true blasphemy. He is everywhere, and sees all things, even that tiny crumb that might be on your kitchen floor.
The problem is that every time a new denomination is founded, there becomes a new set of important laws and fundamentals, a real personalized type of faith, sort of like the playlists on your MP3 player, basically saying that you want to accept only those laws you feel like. Now that isn’t very respectful, is it? I’m not saying anything should be an eye for an eye, because the one who murders the murderer becomes a murderer plus sevenfold (Genesis ch. 4), since he unlawfully deprives the convicted of his God-given right to redeem himself. What I am saying is that the truth should be realized to all, not solicited, like telemarketers (modern tax collectors), but that the facts should be in plain sight to all.
Finally getting to the point, why should we waste our time on pointless one-sided debates when the lives of people’s souls are in jeopardy? Our eternal home is much more important than any home we have here, be it heaven or hell, and our fate is decided in this life. How is fighting over trivial things going to help us reach that ultimate goal? War is punishment for man’s sins, naturally brought about by high tension until one side cracks under the pressure. Obstacles are put in our path to make our faith stronger, but we must tread carefully not to accidentally tread down the wrong path. World peace is only going to be realized through a total conversion to the truth, but that peace is not destined for this world, as the apocalypse is destined to rip the human race apart into the sheep and the goats.

s

Moves
14 Oct 07

Originally posted by legochessmaniac
Life is like a two way compass, each needle pointing on two opposite directions. I look to the West and I see the setting sun. I mourn and lament it's passing like that of an age-old friend. I look to the East in hope of a new dawn: the dawn of a new hope. But hope is a cursed four-letter word, for I have seen the sun set, and I do not believe I will ...[text shortened]... world, as the apocalypse is destined to rip the human race apart into the sheep and the goats.
That is your belief.
For me there's no eternal life, no God, no sin, no "Truth", no apocalypse (except the FF Copolla movie).
Life is no two way compass, priorities aren't totally disrupted, and debating is essential. Matter doesn't have any purpose and I didn't read a single sentence in your long post that could make any sense whatsoever.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
14 Oct 07

L War is punishment for man’s sins, naturally brought about by high tension until one side cracks under the pressure. Obstacles are put in our path to make our faith stronger, but we must tread carefully not to accidentally tread down the wrong path.
I skipped the beginning; it was too smushed together.

How did you come to the conclusion that war is punishment for sins? Why should non-combatants be punished for anyone's sins? And if there's punishment for sins here, than isn't (your image of) hell redundant and overkill at the very least?

But it's the obstacle thing that I find really annoying. No obstacle made my faith greater; in fact, the result was always the opposite. I can't imagine making someone suffer on purpose and then saying "that's so you'll love me more and trust me more." Nonsense. If you make things harder for me on purpose, it makes me trust you much less and removes love. It would be worse with a diety. If God is sitting up there saying "I know! Let's pretend Pawnhandler is Job and see how awful we can make things!" I would not say "Wow, there's a loving God!" However, the phrase "vindictive jerk" (or other phrases that robomod won't allow) might come to mind.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
14 Oct 07

Life is like a two way compass, each needle pointing on two opposite directions. I look to the West and I see the setting sun. I mourn and lament i peace is not destined for this world, as the apocalypse is destined to rip the human race apart into the sheep and the goats.
649 words of BULL SH...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Oct 07

Life is like a two way compass, each needle pointing on two opposite directions. I look to the West and I see the setting sun. I mourn and lament it's passing like that of an age-old friend. I look to the East in hope of a new dawn: the dawn of a new hope. But hope is a cursed four-letter word, for I have seen the sun set, and I do not believe I will ...[text shortened]... world, as the apocalypse is destined to rip the human race apart into the sheep and the goats.
Does God approve of people playing chess while souls are at risk? While people are dying and going to hell?

l

A State of Mind

Moves
21 Apr 08

LET THIS PUT JUSTIFIED FEAR IN ALL WHO READ IT. EINSTIEN'S THEORY OF RELATIVITY STATES, "MATTER CAN NEITHER BE CREATED NOR DESTROYED, ONLY CHANGED FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER." Here's a little logic for all you chess lovers, WHAT ELSE ABIDES BY THE SAME LAW? THE THEOLOGICAL CONCEPT OF GOD. THE UNIFICATION OF THE QUANTUM AND RELATIVITY SCIENTIFIC THEORIES, FROM THE SUB-ATOMIC LEVEL TO THE VAST REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE, RESPECTIVLY, COMES FROM THE BELIEF THAT GOD EXISTS IN EVERY PARTICLE OF ENERGY WITHIN THE UNIVERSE, GOVERNING THE BINARY LAWS OF EVERY ENERGETIC FORM THAT EXISTS. HE IS EVERYWHERE.

I'll make this statement as simple as I can. Atheism is wrong--if not for theological reasons--because it violates the logically fundamental scientific laws it so 'idolizes.' Specifically this: Theories can ONLY be disproved. This law is ignored by atheists who claim that "the non-existence of a deity cannot be disproved." Note the use of a double-negative, and a logical thought that goes along with both instances: In order to think that someTHING DOESN'T exist, people have to FIRST think that it DOES. It's like Archimedes saying "eureka" and imagining a light-bulb above his head. It defies chronology because he never new the incandescent light would ever exist.
The statement, "God does exist," must be logically refuted BEFORE the belief, "god does NOT exist."
Atheism has failed MISERABLY to explain what theology has. Take into consideration the 'fuel for the fire' that is evolution, and the Big Bang. Without these completely 'random' powerhouse events, atheism is--'illogical'--the polite way to say it. These events can EASILY be refuted by the theological concept of "Divine Providence." This explanation is--in itself--a beautifully elegant answer to 'theoretically "random"' events, by stating that a deity would WANT to create the known universe in a seemingly haphazard order, illustrating perfectly this god's total control over all that exists, and NOT compromising the "free will" of the human race by forcing us to believe this creator exists. The ONLY reason that the theories of the Big Bang and evolution are not accepted by conservative theists (those who believe God exists everywhere) is because the scientific community attributes their genesis to a "totally random occurrence," and proclaims secular atheism from it. Replace the words, "totally random occurrence," with a "Divinely orchestrated master plan that NIETHER proves itself NOR disproves itself," and one has, in essence, a PERFECTLY IRREFUTABLE ANSWER THAT NULLIFIES ATHEISM, on account of the aforementioned scientific law.
And WHO SAYS THE EARTH COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN CREATED IN SIX DAYS?!? There were--according to the atheistic scientific community--almost INFINITE dimensions of energy released after the Big Bang, including the theoretical opposite of Absolute Zero, known as Absolute Heat. Both of these extremes, existing in ONLY ONE virtual dimension of temperature, represent only the beginning in a long pattern of energetic extremes across multiple property dimensions. It stands perfectly reasonable, as being practically impossible to disprove, that the SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM ITSELF COULD HAVE, IN RELATION TO OUR MEASUREMENT OF TIME, BEEN TREMENDOUSLY ACCELERATED ON ACCOUNT OF THE MASSIVE ENERGIES RELEASED BY THE BIG BANG. The atheistic power-houses just got nuked.

Unfortunately, many theists do not believe in the concept of Divine Providence, and I can assure that no atheist does. It is a powerful refutation of God's existence, that because this "great being" lets His people die and cannot possibly love His people, therefore He cannot exist. But--with all due respect to these people--it's such bogus that anyone stupid enough to believe it should not be in any authoritative position. Let me prove--logically--why Divine Providence exists, and why so many people have become disillusioned.

Life is, whether you believe it or not, a test of faith, character, intellect, and above all, patience. Those of us who believe the corruptible earth is in fact not our final destination, believe that perfection, no matter how hard we strive for it, is just out of reach. That should NOT keep us from trying though.
All that has been attributed to sin has caused chaos, either in the PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, OR SUBCONSCIENCE, WHICH SPREADS THROUGH THE HUMAN RACE IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER, SILENTLY OR EASILY NOTICED. BY THE TIME ONE REALIZES THE LATTER, PHYSICAL DAMAGE HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE AND ONE IS TOO LATE to prevent destruction. The sub-conscience is much more vulnerable than one may think. How much of your vocabulary, for instance, came solely from yourself? You learn so much from the people you've encountered, that anything you say comes from your sub-conscience vocabulary. That is JUST ONE EXAMPLE. Every homo-sapien owes the universe their existence, knowledge, and power. OR, simpler still, to He Who exists in all of the universe and permits you to learn, God.

Because of this enormous dept, which can only be individually realized and repaid over the sentence of our entire temporal life, many people have lost patience in favor of instant gratification. Instant gratification is only instant; IT NEVER LASTS. It also says that we are too selfish, greedy and immoral to trust Our Creator, who at any moment, could decide we no longer need to exist.

THESE IDEOLOGIES MUST BE ETCHED IN THE VERY SOULS OF TODAY'S YOUTH, WHO ARE NOW FAR MORE LIKELY TO TREAD DOWN THE TEMPTING PATH OF INSTANT GRATIFICATION. ONCE THEIR MINDS MATURE, THE CHANCES OF PENETRATING THEIR SUBCONSCIENCE DROP DRASTICALLY, AND IT BECOMES ALL THE MORE HARDER TO REACH THEM.

DOES ANYONE DARE ECHO THIS CALL TO ACTION?

m

Moves
21 Apr 08

LET THIS PUT JUSTIFIED FEAR IN ALL WHO READ IT. EINSTIEN'S THEORY OF RELATIVITY STATES, "MATTER CAN NEITHER BE CREATED NOR DESTROYED, ONLY CHANGED FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER." Here's a little logic for all you chess lovers, WHAT ELSE ABIDES BY THE SAME LAW? THE THEOLOGICAL CONCEPT OF GOD. THE UNIFICATION OF THE QUANTUM AND RELATIVITY SCIENTIFIC THEORIE ...[text shortened]... M.

Seems to me your "proof" of God's existence is the fact that you say He exists. Pretty compelling argument.
What are you on?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
22 Apr 08
2 edits

The statement, "God does exist," must be logically refuted BEFORE the belief, "god does NOT exist."
lol. You've obviously never heard of Bertrand Russell.

Actually, it's quite the opposite: The statement "God exists" must be accompanied by compelling evidence. You, and every other "believer", have yet to present any to me. What have you got?

g

Moves
22 Apr 08

It seems to me that whoever makes any claim of the form "x exists" or "x does not exist" has the burden of proof to demonstrate the truth of their claim.

Thus, both the theist and the atheist must provide evidence for their claims.

Also, even the agnostic has the burden of proof if his agnosticism is based on the claim that "God is unknowable." (Of course, if the agnostic is merely saying that he himself doesn't know if God exists, then no burden of proof is required.)

l

A State of Mind

Moves
22 Apr 08

Here's what I don't understand about atheists. It does in no way surprise me the simple refutations that were made to my last comment. What does surprise me is how big a wager each atheist makes.

Atheists have everything to lose and nothing to gain; Theists have everythng to gain and nothing to lose. We can argue 'til the end of time whether God exists. Both groups, though, have very similar explanations for the genesis, as well as the common goal for world peace. Or they should.

If atheists are right, they will NEVER get any satisfaction for being correct, simply because the answer will not come until the destruction of the world. Theists will not be a laughing stalk since there will be no one there to laugh at them, and they will have been commendable at best for their feeble attempt to bring peace.

If theists are right, They WILL have satisfaction in eternity if they lived accordingly. Hardcore atheists will be dead in the eternal flame of hell for their refutation of God to the last, and mourned because they attempted to grasp at peace but failed.

Aren't athiests making a BIG gamble with their own eternal lives, especially when theists have nothing to lose?

P

Moves
22 Apr 08
1 edit

Here's what I don't understand about atheists. It does in no way surprise me the simple refutations that were made to my last comment. What does surprise me is how big a wager each atheist makes.

Atheists have everything to lose and nothing to gain; Theists have everythng to gain and nothing to lose. We can argue 'til the end of time whether God e ing a BIG gamble with their own eternal lives, especially when theists have nothing to lose?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Would god want atheists to believe in god just as a wager? Is that true belief?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Apr 08

LET THIS PUT JUSTIFIED FEAR IN ALL WHO READ IT. EINSTIEN'S THEORY OF RELATIVITY STATES, "MATTER CAN NEITHER BE CREATED NOR DESTROYED, ONLY CHANGED FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER." Here's a little logic for all you chess lovers, WHAT ELSE ABIDES BY THE SAME LAW? THE THEOLOGICAL CONCEPT OF GOD. THE UNIFICATION OF THE QUANTUM AND RELATIVITY SCIENTIFIC THEORIE ...[text shortened]... M.

I AM FRIGHTENED BY ALL THE CAPS, DUDE.

So, you know the idea that unifies Quantum Mechanics and Relativity? Hmm. You're either the next Nobel prize winner, or some excitable kid regurgitating big words. Tough call.

"God" resides in every particle of energy in the universe? You sound like a pantheist.

Few atheists claim that the non-existence of a deity cannot be disproved. Most of us [myself included] think it is just very unlikely that a god, or gods, exist.

[Borrowing your logic] The existence of Darth Vader must be logically refuted before you can hold the belief, "Darth Vader does not exist."

Your argument about the creation of the world is claptrap, also. It's right down there with "God made it look like the light from the stars was reaching us from many many light years away, to test our faith."

Here's another thought. If we were really designed and created by a God, then he had full control over what we find gratifying. Should we wallow in guilt for acting according to our design? What sense does that make?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Apr 08
1 edit

Atheists have everything to lose and nothing to gain; Theists have everythng to gain and nothing to lose. We can argue 'til the end of time whether God e ing a BIG gamble with their own eternal lives, especially when theists have nothing to lose?
http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/pascal.html

[This link should be in a sticky thread on this forum. Call it a public service.]

b

Moves
22 Apr 08

To your point about atheists having everything to lose and nothing to gain:

What I don't understand is, if you believe in God and his forgiveness so much, then why not do whatever you want and then ask his forgiveness later? Why do devote theists brainwash themselves into penance and prostration in order to worship? A testament to their truth faith, for me anyway, would be to live lavishly having the faith to be forgiven later. (oops, sorry, that's the Vatican, I forgot)

Isn't it easier to ask forgiveness than permission anyway?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Apr 08

Originally posted by brobluto
A testament to their truth faith, for me anyway, would be to live lavishly having the faith to be forgiven later.
A lot of Christians [at least in America] are happily doing just that.