1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 08:181 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I guess you're OK with simply believing stuff, even when you self-admittedly have no reason to believe it, then. 😛

At least you're honest.
    Is Appeal to Not Counterintuitiveness a recognized informal fallacy, I wonder? Or Appeal to One's Own Perspective?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 08:22
    @secondson said
    Caveat: there is no law or rule that demands that anyone agrees with my position.
    Would you support politicians who vowed to pass a law imposing the death penalty on women who had abortions?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 10:00
    @fmf said
    Would you support politicians who vowed to pass a law imposing the death penalty on women who had abortions?
    👀
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 03:52
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 07:16
    @secondson said
    Yes.

Life begins at conception. Any other rationale to the contrary is speculative at best.

The child has the right to live regardless of the circumstances of his or her conception.

The only exception, as I stated before, is if there is a medical reason for a decision of whether the birth of the child or the life of the mother is in question, then that decision is ...[text shortened]... : there is no law or rule that demands that anyone agrees with my position.

I have but one voice.
    I do not know why these sorts of posts are downvoted.

He's literally asked if he is logically consistent; he is. You may not agree with him, but it's like he's getting punished for answering a hard question and not simply melting into a puddle of wax.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 08:40
    @philokalia said
    I do not know why these sorts of posts are downvoted.

He's literally asked if he is logically consistent; he is. You may not agree with him, but it's like he's getting punished for answering a hard question and not simply melting into a puddle of wax.
    "Punished"?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 10:49
    @divegeester said
    👀
    Tough crowd 🙄
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 13:48
    @bigdoggproblem said
    [youtube George Carlin on Capital Punishment - NSFW]KPcY_mLfZqg[/youtube]
    Excellent!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 06:44
    @secondson said
    I believe abortion is immoral, it is murder. But I have no authority to murder abortionists, even if I wanted to.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 12:14
    @fmf said
    If you're asking me if I support capital punishment the answer is yes.

Abortion is legalized murder.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 12:27
    @secondson said

So is capital punishment.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 13:15
    @secondson said

Well, obviously as long as it were "legal" or "legalized", there'd be no capital punishment or custodial sentences because there'd be no prosecution.

I am asking you - specifically - if you would support capital punishment for women who have abortions or would you support prison sentences [and if so, how many years minimum/maximum?

Do you see abortion as second degree murder or first degree murder?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 16:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    So is capital punishment.
    What!?! Is it possible we have opposing world views? 🙂

Would you use lethal force to stop an intruder from murdering your wife and children? Or even you?

Executing murderers is the civilized way to protect law abiding citizens from those that are void of conscience.

It is irrational to view it from any other perspective.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 16:26
    @fmf said

Well, obviously as long as it were "legal" or "legalized", there'd be no capital punishment or custodial sentences because there'd be no prosecution.

I am asking you - specifically - if you would support capital punishment for women who have abortions or wou ...[text shortened]... many years minimum/maximum?

Do you see abortion as second degree murder or first degree murder?
    Do you know what premeditated murder is?

Is it first or second degree?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 16:361 edit
    @secondson said
    What!?! Is it possible we have opposing world views? 🙂

Would you use lethal force to stop an intruder from murdering your wife and children? Or even you?

Executing murderers is the civilized way to protect law abiding citizens from those that are void of conscience.

It is irrational to view it from any other perspective.
    I thought the civilized way to protect law-abiding citizens from criminals was to put them in prison? There is nothing whatsoever civilized about executing human beings, irrespective of how nasty there are.

And yes I would use lethal force if necessary to protect someone from being murdered. But that is a different conversation from executing someone who has already been taken out of society.

The only irrationality is to hold the simultaneous beliefs that abortion is wrong but capital punishment is ok.

"Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.” - Are you God?

(And to presume any view opposed to the one you personally hold is, therefore, irrational, is itself irrational).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree