Perfect?

Perfect?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

London

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Since he is also all-good and all powerful, to deny us the removal of those things is tantamount to criminal negligence at the very least and perhaps downright cruelty.
I would dispute that.

S

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by lucifershammer
I would dispute that.
Of that I have no doubt.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by metbierop
Is God perfect?

If so, why did he create imperfection?
I would say he's very imperfect after getting duped by Satan to torture one of his most faithful followers... Job.

P-

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I would say he's very imperfect after getting duped by Satan to torture one of his most faithful followers... Job.

P-
By your own puny moral framework, maybe.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
By your own puny moral framework, maybe.
Sorry bud, your god is a sucker.

You didn't just judge me, did you?

P-

Moves
25 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Sorry bud, your god is a sucker.

You didn't just judge me, did you?

P-
Nope. You judge God by your own miserable moral framework, which is just as miserable as my own since we are just humans, like bacteria floating in a drop of water, we can really say that we know everything about the sceintist looking down at us through his telescope.

G

Moves
25 Jan 07

Nope. You judge God by your own miserable moral framework.
You suck in arguments, loser.

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
You suck in arguments, loser.
So man is fallible, why then do you say that science is irrefutible?

G

Moves
25 Jan 07

Nope. You judge God by your own miserable moral framework, which is just as miserable as my own since we are just humans, like bacteria floating in a drop of water, we can really say that we know everything about the sceintist looking down at us through his telescope.
Why don't you come and stay in my ward with me? Some drug therapy can help to reduce your delusions. You seem like you lost it very badly.

G

Moves
25 Jan 07

So man is fallible, why then do you say that science is irrefutible?
What is Matrix?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Perfection is a relative word. What is perfect to you may be imperfect to another. If everything created by some mythical being is created the way he wanted it then it is perfect to him, whatever your personal opinion might be.
The real question is: If you want something to have two logically incompatible attributes then is it still possible to make it? ...[text shortened]... eems to get of the hook somewhere in mid discussion and is excused from making the imperfection.
I think the universe is exactly how God intended it to be but not how he wants it to be. We all know that there is always a pay off or result of something we do. It is to do with free will and choice. This universe is an expression of God's desire for us to have choice and to allow for creation to go it's own way. Because God has "let go" of creation it logically becomes imperfect but he still had to let go of it (temporarily). God is entirely responsible but apparently he thought it was worth it to create free beings capable of loving and choosing.

As for being let off the hook....what you are implying is that God himself should be held account for sin and suffering. How about nails instead of hooks?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jan 07

Before going any further please define what you mean by "the Bible".
Are you referring to
1. a specific translation
2. all translations
3. the oldest known version
4. a non-existent (currently) original text or texts
5. your interpretation of it
6. other
If you your answer is 1 - 3 then there are many contradictions that can be listed and you will ...[text shortened]... only be understood by those wearing Secret Decoder Rings or some other mind altering device).
I mean"The Word of God"

And as for the rest of your post, are you serious or are you trying to put me in a box?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by josephw
I mean"The Word of God"

And as for the rest of your post, are you serious or are you trying to put me in a box?
Well then, of course there are no contradictions in "The Word of God" since God doesn't exist and therefore has no words.
What amazes me is that you would even bother mentioning that "The Word of God" contains no contradictions as you clearly believe that it does exist and therefore it could not possibly contain contradictions by definition.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jan 07

Nevertheless the bacteria can presumably tell whether or not the scientist is violating the bacterias miserable moral framework.

If Gods 'superior' moral framework includes torture for no justifiable reason then I want no part of it nor will I consider it superior to my 'miserable' one.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jan 07

Well then, of course there are no contradictions in "The Word of God" since God doesn't exist and therefore has no words.
What amazes me is that you would even bother mentioning that "The Word of God" contains no contradictions as you clearly believe that it does exist and therefore it could not possibly contain contradictions by definition.
Correct, by definition, if it is, " The Word of God", there are no contradictions.

By the way, how do you KNOW God doesn't exist?