Perfect revenge.

Perfect revenge.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cos

Wales

Moves
19 Aug 05
1 edit

Give someone feelings, and put them through life.
😞

Time for magic tea.
😞😞😞😞

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by cup o soup
Give someone feelings, and put them through life.
😞

Time for magic tea.
😞😞😞😞
Life is hard.

But God is good.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by chinking58
Life is hard.

But God is good.
You mis-spelled "sex" in that second line.

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by David C
ooops

Let me rephrase that:

God, the creator of sex AND love, is good.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
19 Aug 05

ooops

Let me rephrase that:

God, the creator of sex AND love, is good.
This "good" god you speak of...are you talking about the one in the old testament or the one in the new testament?

TheSkipper

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by TheSkipper
This "good" god you speak of...are you talking about the one in the old testament or the one in the new testament?

TheSkipper
I know where this is going. Back to the monster god of the OT idea?
There is one God. And He doesn't change. He has always been good. Good at creating, good at directing to the truth. Good at judging. Good at mercy and forgiveness. Good at allowing us to have our free will. Good to settle all things rightly in the end.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
19 Aug 05

I know where this is going. Back to the monster god of the OT idea?
There is one God. And He doesn't change. He has always been good. Good at creating, good at directing to the truth. Good at judging. Good at mercy and forgiveness. Good at allowing us to have our free will. Good to settle all things rightly in the end.
That is fine. I'm not going to run you over the cheese grater over it. I'm sure we have both studied the Bible a great deal and if you do not see a difference between the god of the old testament and the god of the new...I respect your perspective.

TheSkipper

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

That is fine. I'm not going to run you over the cheese grater over it. I'm sure we have both studied the Bible a great deal and if you do not see a difference between the god of the old testament and the god of the new...I respect your perspective.

TheSkipper
Thank you.

Confusion

Moves
19 Aug 05

Feeling a bit confused on what this topic is really about... O_o
Clarification anyone?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Aug 05

TheSkipper
Yes, lets leave the boxing gloves out of it. Do you have any specifics on how they differ?

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Yes, lets leave the boxing gloves out of it.
You prefer bare knuckles?

One thing I remember from church: "Jehovah acted like such a terrible c^nt in the Old Testament because he wasnae yet a Christian" (paraphrase).

Confusion

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

One thing I remember from church: "Jehovah acted like such a terrible c^nt in the Old Testament because he wasnae yet a Christian" (paraphrase).
When you say Jehovah, you are talking about God right? Why then would you think that God would be a Christian? In the early Church of the New Covenant is where the followers of Christ were first called Christians. Its not really a term used to describe God.

Or I may have missed your point here... Or perhaps this is merely an insult? O_o

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

Nah. Lets have a civilized discussion for a change.

S

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by David C
lol

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Yes, lets leave the boxing gloves out of it. Do you have any specifics on how they differ?
I can't really say for sure that they are different, of course, I can't even say 'for sure' that god exists at all. However, there was a change in either how god behaved in the old testament vs the new OR in how the liberal media was spinning his actions. ;-)

Let's review a couple of the classic hits god had during the old t.

Turning Lot's wife into a pillar of salt because she turned around to look at the town she was told to leave. Sure she was told not to look back but this clearly demonstrates not only god's anger problem but also suggests he has a problem with insecurity. Incidently, Lot's wife had looked back to see the destruction god was exacting on her town of Sodom/Gomorrah...he killed everyone in town except Lot's family...except, except Lot's wife.

Then, one of my favs, God does his psychotic game show host routine and convinces Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a burnt offering. Just before Abraham slices his own son's throat god stops him and tells him he was just kidding...use a goat instead.

You just can't find this sort of Wes Craven/Stephen King style entertainmnet in the new t. ;-)

TheSkipper