Peace strife anger love

Peace strife anger love

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 17

When you are not dealing with something, or concentrating on some task
or need, when your mind is just allowed to wander where does it go? Are
you thinking peaceful thoughts, does strife fill your head, or something
else? Are you the hero in some scenario, an avenger of wrong,
something more flesh centric? Do you think whatever it is that you spend
most of your time thinking about causes you to act or treat others or
situations the way you do?

Moves
08 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Stay off the drugs πŸ˜›

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Oct 17

I always have an ongoing story in my head. (Usually with me as the hero). I come back to it where I last left off. Been doing that for as long as I can remember. Escapism I guess, not that I want to escape from my life or anything. (The only time i don't do this is when I haven't been sleeping). I usually have some kind of super power, the ability to heal most prevalent.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I always have an ongoing story in my head. (Usually with me as the hero). I come back to it where I last left off. Been doing that for as long as I can remember. Escapism I guess, not that I want to escape from my life or anything. (The only time i don't do this is when I haven't been sleeping). I usually have some kind of super power, the ability to heal most prevalent.
How interesting. I do much the same thing. I see myself being capable of far greater ability than humanly possible.

Years ago I'd put myself to sleep imagining a device with perpetual motion. I always fell asleep before finishing the project. About two minutes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 17

Originally posted by @josephw
How interesting. I do much the same thing. I see myself being capable of far greater ability than humanly possible.

Years ago I'd put myself to sleep imagining a device with perpetual motion. I always fell asleep before finishing the project. About two minutes.
The same with me always the hero. I heard a pastor talking about our thoughts how they always seem to center around us with us being just that. Made me ask!

E

Moves
09 Oct 17

I never role play in my head.

I think about topics, like the idea of chromosomes as evidence of God using male dna to create female. Perhaps thinking of a more clear way to explain things like how to view reduced rational equations so students better understand.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 17

The same with me always the hero. I heard a pastor talking about our thoughts how they always seem to center around us with us being just that. Made me ask!
I agree, and when I awake in the morning I remind myself that Jesus is Lord and that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".

Otherwise I'm helpless.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
I never role play in my head.

I think about topics, like the idea of chromosomes as evidence of God using male dna to create female. Perhaps thinking of a more clear way to explain things like how to view reduced rational equations so students better understand.
Never role play? You'd make a lousy actor. πŸ˜‰

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
10 Oct 17

Once upon a time I was dreaming I am what I breath, what I eat, what I drink, what I think, what I feel, what I say and what I do. Now I know I am exactly the product of this horde, I am the product of my products. Then I discard all them products just the same😡

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Oct 17

I've decided to believe in karma, because otherwise I'd have to make things right and just on my own.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
I've decided to believe in karma, because otherwise I'd have to make things right and just on my own.
Interesting, that makes it sound like karma is a lazy way out of doing what you know you
should do?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
11 Oct 17
1 edit

Interesting, that makes it sound like karma is a lazy way out of doing what you know you should do?
You mean belief in karma. And yes. If 'lazy' means I don't go around punishing and killing those who deserve such.

And who doesn't?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
You mean belief in karma. And yes. If 'lazy' means I don't go around punishing and killing those who deserve such.

And who doesn't?
I was looking at it from the way, you like karma, so you don't have to go around
repenting and making things right in the here and now. Reason being, you will get them
the next time around no big deal. Sort of like those that do not give to the poor, because
they think the government will take care of them no big deal.

I'm more of a believer in forgive now, because if you do not you will not be forgiven. That
takes care of the wrongs done to me, and love everyone as well as God, so that takes
care of me doing good to others now, no matter what they have done, who they are, and
stops me from looking at the status, position, or if they can pay me back for the good I
do to them. It should be pure, and if I give it should be done with a cheerful heart.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Oct 17

I was looking at it from the way, you like karma, so you don't have to go around
repenting and making things right in the here and now. Reason being, you will get them the next time around no big deal. Sort of like those that do not give to the poor, because they think the government will take care of them no big deal.

I'm more of a believer in forgive no ...[text shortened]... for the good I do to them. It should be pure, and if I give it should be done with a cheerful heart.
Repentance has nothing to do with gods or karma. If you feel bad about your behavior then you repent.

You pin your ability to forgive on an expectation of being forgiven yourself. Kelly, that would make your ability to forgive others entirely meaningless. If there were no all-powerful god ready to send you to hell if you don't forgive, then you'd retract your forgiveness of others?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Oct 17

Originally posted by @josephw
I agree, and when I awake in the morning I remind myself that Jesus is Lord and that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".

Otherwise I'm helpless.
Agreed fully.

When you first wake up the best thing to do is call on the name of the Lord Jesus immediately.