Ownership to the hilt

Ownership to the hilt

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Everything in the universe from one end to the other are all before God. That said what would it matter to God where someone or something is that is important to him? He looses track of nothing in time, or space and accomplishes what He sets out to do.
Seems he needs a bit of co-operation or else he would've had the rapture around 2000AD 😀
But I agree, god is alpha and omega, but in description only

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Seems he needs a bit of co-operation or else he would've had the rapture around 2000AD 😀
But I agree, god is alpha and omega, but in description only
No, not description only. Unlike us we are bound by time, we are stuck in the period of
time called now who's leading edge is the same as its trailing edge. God is not bound by
that, as well as all space, so He sees it all at once, and He sees how everything works
together at the same time. Which makes Him far beyond us, yet at the same time He
became one of us so we could grasp His personality and see what He is like in terms we
could grasp. Why He is doing what He is doing, I have no idea, but sitting here right now
I'm glad He didn't end it all in 2000 A.D.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Oct 17

Why He is doing what He is doing, I have no idea, but sitting here right now
Why?
Are you not going to a better place?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Oct 17

So a good story is all it takes? More than a few assumptions are in play. But a good story, nothing witnessed, nothing duplicated, and on and on is required. Shoot what has to happen for this unremarkable event to occur throughout the universe? What might have gone wrong? Even with your assumption about the limitations, you don't see any issues? Why aren't ...[text shortened]... we seeing new life on a daily bases, or in labs if its that simple.

You have a lot of faith!
But you have in front of you an experiment so simple that, with some back up, can be reproduced even at a high school.
And, yes, everything could have gone "wrong" –and actually it went: not all the possible manifestations of Life (they are countless) took place on Earth, but solely the ones who indeed managed to take place. And they are not that many –they ‘re about 8.7 million species, while 86% of them on earth and 91% of them in the ocean still await description according to this paper:
http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001127

Then you ask why aren't we seeing new life on a daily basis, or in labs if it‘s that simple…
Well, we do have “new life” on a daily basis –but in accordance to Earth’s scale. Our Ole Mom does not have a lifespan like ours, she is almost 4.5 billion years old (and still magnificent, regardless Mr. Trump’s hard efforts to make her in his image). Earth Is The Lab. The meteorite that fell nearby Murchison, Victoria, Australia on 9/28, 1969, contained more than 90 different amino acids, 19 of which are found also in Earth life. Given that the early Earth was bombarded heavily by comets, why is it false to hypothesize that these bodies could provide a large supply of complex organic molecules?
Everything required, is already there. Needless to add faith to supernatural entities, forces and phenomena.
😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
But you have in front of you an experiment so simple that, with some back up, can be reproduced even at a high school.
And, yes, everything could have gone "wrong" –and actually it went: not all the possible manifestations of Life (they are countless) took place on Earth, but solely the ones who indeed managed to take place. And they are not that many ...[text shortened]... red, is already there. Needless to add faith to supernatural entities, forces and phenomena.
😵
More stories so you believe that these stories are better than all life including the whole universe are here with purpose, because?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Oct 17

More stories so you believe that these stories are better than all life including the whole universe are here with purpose, because?
What do you mean “stories”? Everything is a story, even you and I. We are narrators of our own stories and we are fully responsible for their context. We write them down, they are not written through us by means of supernatural forces.

If the Miller-Urey and the rest experiments, along with the theory of abiogenesis, are to you non-tenable, kindly please explain why the experiments are repeatable and let me know the exact reasons why you reject the theory.

Purpose in Life?
At a certain mind-only level I see no purpose in Life other than its manifestation and prosperity.
Simultaneously I decipher and comprehend Kosmos, my feelings and my ideas from a variety of internal and external standpoints and I give differ “meanings” according to my nature. So I give meanings to Life according to my nature, too. These meanings lack of inherent substance, do not exist in separation from my mind because they are simply projections of my mind, and have differ personal, moral and social implications.
However I see no “purpose” as you pose it.

😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Oct 17

No, not description only. Unlike us we are bound by time, we are stuck in the period of
time called now who's leading edge is the same as its trailing edge. God is not bound by
that, as well as all space, so He sees it all at once, and He sees how everything works
together at the same time. Which makes Him far beyond us, yet at the same time He
became ...[text shortened]... is doing, I have no idea, but sitting here right now
Oh I get it.
It's like the Matrix - "Seeing the world without time" ...
I come across so many conflicting thoughts when dealing with Christianity.

Why exactly are we less than God ?
Is that not like a value judgment , that once made , ends up fulfilling it's own prophecy ? (Like if you think you are bad and a sinner,etc. then you will become/remain one because that's what you tell yourself)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Why?
Are you not going to a better place?
conflict everywhere with this type of thought.
However I'm sure there are very appropriate ways to express spirituality through Christianity which avoid the pitfalls of dualistic thinking.

Moves
04 Oct 17

Is the only reason you believe that story without any of the reasons you hold creation to, is it fits your world views?
It's also an easy belief to modify as new information rolls in, which is not so easy with some beliefs. Maybe that's my world view?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
What do you mean “stories”? Everything is a story, even you and I. We are narrators of our own stories and we are fully responsible for their context. We write them down, they are not written through us by means of supernatural forces.

If the Miller-Urey and the rest experiments, along with the theory of abiogenesis, are to you non-tenable, kindly p ...[text shortened]... iffer personal, moral and social implications.
However I see no “purpose” as you pose it.

😵
They are not written down by supernatural forces really, because actually I believe that they are. Our choices and actions are our own contributions, we are free moral agents picking who or what we serve.

I will pick up the rest at home when I have more time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Originally posted by @js357
It's also an easy belief to modify as new information rolls in, which is not so easy with some beliefs. Maybe that's my world view?
Any belief that is as fickle as the wind isn't stable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Oh I get it.
It's like the Matrix - "Seeing the world without time" ...
I come across so many conflicting thoughts when dealing with Christianity.

Why exactly are we less than God ?
Is that not like a value judgment , that once made , ends up fulfilling it's own prophecy ? (Like if you think you are bad and a sinner,etc. then you will become/remain one because that's what you tell yourself)
No you don't get it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Oct 17

No you don't get it.
Are you sure?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Oct 17

Are you sure?
yes

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Oct 17

yes
Yes , well it's clear that you and I have differing views here, however lets at least take in the triumph of cordiality in this thread ...

I accidently ventured into 'clans' the other day. Wow does it fly around there.

Enjoyed this thread thnx