1. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 19:41
    So I was looking at the numbers...
    Something doesn't add up. 🤔

144,000 allowed into heaven?
    10,000+ kingdom halls in the U.S. alone.
    On average 50-150 members each hall.
    Always 10 or so who claim to be one of the chosen.
    So right there we have about 100,000 living Americans who claim to be one of the chosen.
    All the past dead ones who claimed to be chosen adds to that.
    All other countries with their living and dead chosen ones adds to that too. 🤔

So we have about 30 million alive and dead people claiming to be the chosen ones for heaven.

Will there be a battle for the 144,000 seats?
    Will I get to watch it from hell?
    What weapons will be used?
    Can someone sell their seat in heaven?
    Can I buy a seat in heaven?
    How come their is always a "slow" person who claims to be one of the chosen?
    Isn't it enough of a message that God hates you when he made you that way?
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you in heaven.
  2. Standard membercaissad4online
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 01:25
    @chessturd said

So right there we have about 100,000 living Americans who claim to be one of the chosen.
    All the past dead ones who claimed to be chosen adds to t ...[text shortened]... essage that God hates you when he made you that way?
    There is a rumor that they all will be riding unicorns in heaven.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:42
    @chessturd said

All the past dead ones who claimed to be chosen adds to t ...[text shortened]... essage that God hates you when he made you that way?
    “When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.”
    George A. Romero

I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when there’s no more room in heaven the dead will have to make do with earth.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 20:58
    @chessturd said

Perhaps you should ask a Witness as to what we actually believe instead of some misinformation you seem to have?
    Let me help you. The 144,000 you speak of are chosen by Jehovah and his son Jesus. The first apostles were the first of this group or "little flock" that Jesus called them. Others later were no doubt chosen from other followers.
    Jehovah's Witnesses were not in existence then, correct?
    No doubt their have been many others, perhaps thousands that they chose over the decades. So those were not JW'S either, were they? Probably not as we did not exist during those decades either.
    Now do you know what the qualifications Jesus described that would be in the ones they would pick to be part of this "little flock" that Revelation twice numbers?
    Maybe if further research was done it may enlighten you on what we actually believe and just may teach you a few truths of the Bible....
    But then It seems your probably not are you?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:03
    @divegeester said
    “When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.”
    George A. Romero

I think the Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when there’s no more room in heaven the dead will have to make do with earth.
    It amazes me to actually see what you write and that comes out of your heart. Satan is loving you dude!!!!
    And the sad thing for you my friend is you don't even know he exist.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:28
    @galveston75 said
    The 144,000 you speak of are chosen by Jehovah and his son Jesus.
    What is the criteria by which these 144,000 are “chosen”?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:32
    @galveston75 said
    It amazes me to actually see what you write and that comes out of your heart. Satan is loving you dude!!!!
    And the sad thing for you my friend is you don't even know he exist.
    I’ve been a Christian for approaching 30 years Galveston75. In that time I’ve been exposed to all manner of denominational gassbaggery and I assure you that I’m neither impressed nor intimidated by your use of angelic names on a forum discussion board.
  8. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:42
    @divegeester said
    What is the criteria by which these 144,000 are “chosen”?
    Apparently they just say they "feel it" or some crazy vision/dream.
  9. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 21:45
    @galveston75
    I have sat with JW's more than any other denomination or religion.
    I agree with a lot of JW practices but I find it ridiculous that anyone can say they are "chosen"...
    I think it should be taught that all JW's can hope to be chosen. Leave it at that.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 22:471 edit
    @chessturd

You were looking at the numbers where chessturd ?
    Are you using the Bible ?

It is a mistake to think that the eternal destiny of the saved in God's salvation is in Heaven, whether 144,000 or more than 144,000.

The battle of God with the Devil is over the earth. It is the earth that God is interested in manifesting His kingdom.

In Matthew the phrase "the kingdom of the heavens" does not mean heaven. It means the kingdom whose origin and source is from heaven.

So you should not read "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens" as the blessing of "going to heaven". It is the blessing of being in God's kingdom whose source is from heaven but location is to be on the earth.

This is made clearer when in verse 5 Jesus says "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." .

You see "the kingdom of the heavens" is the kingdom which enjoys the earth as the inheritance of the believers in Christ.

You should consider any "going to heaven" whatever the number is, to be a temporary matter. Or at least not the central focus of where God wants them to be. "the meek" are those who leave their vindication up ultimately to God. The believers leaving their vindication up to God have the promise of possessing the planet earth - "for they shall inherit the earth".

Revelation says God has made of the saved a kingdom of priests who will reign "on earth".

"And they sing a new song, saying: You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, for You were slain and have purchased for God by Your blood men out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

And have made them a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth." (Rev. 5:9,10)

Where will they reign?
    It says "and they will reign ON THE EARTH"

These are the "the meek ... they shall inherit the earth".

And they come from "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation"
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 22:52
    @divegeester said
    I’ve been a Christian for approaching 30 years Galveston75. In that time I’ve been exposed to all manner of denominational gassbaggery and I assure you that I’m neither impressed nor intimidated by your use of angelic names on a forum discussion board.
    So what???
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 22:55
    @chessturd said
    Apparently they just say they "feel it" or some crazy vision/dream.
    So are you saying that the connection that if one is chosen by God that they would not know it in some manner? How do you know that they don't? Are you saying you know more then the Bible and God in what he has said there?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 23:04
    @galveston75 said
    So what???
    “So what”... so it means that when you are under a bit of forum pressure and you like to invoke the names of angelic beings in an attempt to add gravitas to your posts, that I remain unimpressed.
  14. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 23:18
    @galveston75 said
    So are you saying that the connection that if one is chosen by God that they would not know it in some manner? How do you know that they don't? Are you saying you know more then the Bible and God in what he has said there?
    I'm saying too many people claim to be chosen.
    You've got millions alive and dead claiming to be chosen.
    Anyone can say it and the rest of the group goes along with it.
    I can bring a wino drunk to a kingdom hall and after a week he can say he is chosen and nobody stands up and says anything.
  15. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 23:191 edit
    @sonship

My numbers are 144,000 chosen.
    On average 30 million (alive or dead) saying they are chosen.
    Anyone can claim it.
    It ruins the credibility of the religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree