"Only God's judgment is infallible..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 17
8 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Will your version of Jesus be spectating the eternal suffering in the hell which he has created?
1.) Psalm 136's "version" of God is the same "version" of God in Deuteronomy.

If this true or false?

2.) If it is not true, submit your textural evidence that Psalm 136 about God's everlasting mercy was the oracles of God delivered to Israel, but the following passages in the book of Deuteronomy were apocryphal additions artificially inserted afterward by people with nasty motives.

"And you shall devour all the peoples which Jehovah your God is giving you; your eye shall not pity them ..." (Deut. 7:16a)

"And your eye shall not pity; " (Duet. 19:21)

"You shall not yield to him nor listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare him or conceal him," (Duet. 13:8)

" ... your eye shall not pity her." (Duet. 25:12)

Do you have a reason to believe these passages of Deuteronomy were not in the original writing?

Then you can tell me WHAT you think are the limits of these two attributes of God - His kindness and His severity.

How kind is kind in the kindness of God?
Then how severe is severe in the severity of God?

Do you deny that the apostle Paul pointed out that BOTH were God's divine attributes?

" Behold then the kindness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but on you, the kindness of God, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off." (Rom. 11:22)

NOTE: I am not saying that Romans 11:22 proves the concept of eternal damnation. I am only saying that there IS an attribute of God, a side of God which is "severity".

Do you deny this?
If you do not deny this then what biblical evidence do you have that such "severity" of God's judgment COULD NOT include at its most severe pole - eternal punishment ?

Lastly, if you substitute "non-existence" for "death" so that Revelation reads "the second non-existence" rather than "the second death", then explain what "the second [ non-existence] " is in your mind.

Is there a FIRST and a SECOND non-existence ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 17
2 edits

You seem upset.
If it helps you in answering me to imagine me with angry strained neck muscles, gritting teeth, tight jaws and pulling my hair out - because of being so very upset, then imagine that.

Just answer my questions above.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonship
1.) [b]Psalm 136's "version" of God is the same "version" of God in Deuteronomy.

If this true or false?

2.) If it is not true, submit your textural evidence that Psalm 136 about God's everlasting mercy was the oracles of God delivered to Israel, but the following passages in the book of Deuteronomy were apocr ...[text shortened]... second [/b] [ non-existence] " is in your mind.

Is there a FIRST and a SECOND non-existence ?[/b]
You keep blathering on and on and quoting scripture and telling me I'm dodging your question about whether I see scripture about God's mercy and severity and you keep dodging yourself! Of course I see these scripture... I keep pointing them out to you, don't I? I just don't interpret them the way you do.

I see you avoided my querstion:

Will (your version) of Jesus be spectating the eternal suffering in the hell that he has created?

Yes or no?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Dec 17

If it helps you in answering me to imagine me with angry strained neck muscles, gritting teeth, tight jaws and pulling my hair out - because of being so very upset, then imagine that.

Just answer my questions above.
You just seem angry and pouty.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Dec 17

You just seem angry and pouty.
Would you please read the opening thread post again, please. There is a deep flaw in your thinking.

That doesn't make your view wrong, btw.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 17
4 edits

i keep "blathering" what the Bible "blathers."
You keep saying - "I don't interpret it as you."
But you don't provide your alternative interpretation which you think is better.

God is omniscient and omnipresent so OF COURSE whatever goes on in eternity will be seen by God. Why you think this is some slamdunk inquisition alludes me.

If you want to argue that is the only or the chief interesting thing Christ will observe, that's just your sordid imagination.

When a bridegroom and bride get married, they don't spend their honey moon gazing at the garbage can. Why do you think I believe the main attraction in eternity will be the damned?

That the punishment of the lost is seen by the Triune God? Why not?

First Thessalonians says that the lost are `suffer the penalty "from the presence of the Lord".

Now do some blathering of your own about what you want to dodge. Is there a FIRST non-existence and a SECOND non-existence ? If the second death means non-existence then does that mean that before anyone was created they were in "the second death" already ?

Yes or No?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

But you don't provide your alternative interpretation which you think is better.

God is omniscient and omnipresent so OF COURSE whatever goes on in eternity will be seen by God. Why you think this is some slamdunk inquisition alludes me.

...[text shortened]... hat before anyone was created they were in [b]"the second death"
already ?

Yes or No?[/b]
Will Jesus be spectating the eternal suffering in the hell he has created?

Yes or no...or dodge again

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

...[text shortened]... hat before anyone was created they were in [b]"the second death"
already ?

Yes or No?[/b]
Just because I disagree with your interpretation does not mean that I have to come up with an alternative. All I know is that you are wrong. If you feel sufficiently motivated you can try to convince me otherwise.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

Originally posted by @apathist
Would you please read the opening thread post again, please. There is a deep flaw in your thinking.

That doesn't make your view wrong, btw.
There is a “deep (but conveniently unspecified) flaw in my thinking” but I could be right anyway?

Stay off the drugs dude. Jeez.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

Originally posted by @galveston75
God did not create a burning hell for humans to be tormented in. This is not what the bible teaches. Not "one" human has ever been tormented in this burning hell, not even Jesus who himself was there for 3 days. Read your bible......

What is hell?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/#?insight[search_id]=075c345c-c4f7-40d4-8cd3-d12252e2d73a&insight[search_result_index]=1
Interesting that you rant at someone, but lack eithe4 the foresight or courage to say who it is you are disagreeing with. Why is that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 17

Just because I disagree with your interpretation does not mean that I have to come up with an alternative. All I know is that you are wrong. If you feel sufficiently motivated you can try to convince me otherwise.
If you want to believe that "the second death" is the default state of all beings before they are created, go ahead.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

If you want to believe that [b]"the second death" is the default state of all beings before they are created, go ahead.[/b]

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Dec 17

If you want to believe that [b]"the second death" is the default state of all beings before they are created, go ahead.[/b]
Thank you I’ll believe what I want to believe. What you believe is a nonsensical abomination.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Dec 17
1 edit

Interesting that you rant at someone, but lack eithe4 the foresight or courage to say who it is you are disagreeing with. Why is that?
I'm not ranting at anyone, just stating biblical facts. I think the person that wrote the issue I wrote back with my comments knows as well as others here who it was. Did you miss that? Perhaps you could not start with the insults this time around?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Dec 17

Neither Jesus or his Father Jehovah created hell or the common grave that all humans end up in after we die. It was brought on by the actions of Adam and Eve who sinned and thus brought that curse on us all.
The teaching of a burning place that wicked humans go to suffer forever is not a bible teaching but is from pagan religions of the past.
The bible teaches that the wages of sin is death, not living on in a fiery place to pay for your sins forever. The death of all that have sinned blots out all previous sins from birth and this is why a person will be resurrected in the future to basically start with a clean slate.
This is the God I worship, one who is eager to forgive and would never torture me forever because of my inherited sin I had no way to avoid at my birth.
What a loving God that he is more then willing to give us all a second chance instead of the hateful unloving God that pagan religions paint him to be and that most misunderstand the very essence of......