one for the hardcore christains

one for the hardcore christains

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
19 Dec 06

if the bible said to prove your love for god you have to kill a bad person (murderer, rapist etc...) would you do it..?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Dec 06

A Christian can never claim that it is God's will to kill a murderer or a rapist. Neither can a Christian claim that it is God's will to kill an unborn child, a disabled person, an ill person or a dying person.

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that he is suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.

h

Cosmos

Moves
19 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
A Christian can never claim that it is God's will to kill a murderer or a rapist. Neither can a Christian claim that it is God's will to kill an unborn child, a disabled person, an ill person or a dying person.

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that h ...[text shortened]... s suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.
"Onward Christian soldiers,
Marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus
Going on before"

Oh, sorry. Don't mind me...just reminding some modern day victims of brainwashing about highly effective brain washing techniques of the past.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 Dec 06

Originally posted by howardgee
"Onward Christian soldiers,
Marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus
Going on before"

Oh, sorry. Don't mind me...just reminding some modern day victims of brainwashing about highly effective brain washing techniques of the past.
Reality, certainly in a dynamic perspective, meaning taking into account the complicated developments throughout history, is a difficult thing to understand. It will become impossible to understand in case one's vision and judgement is clouded with and severely darkened by the need for a scapegoat.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
if the bible said to prove your love for god you have to kill a bad person (murderer, rapist etc...) would you do it..?
No religion could have such an instruction and survive for long. A cult could, but it would rapidly die out. Think of it in evolutionary terms -- such a dictum would lead to endless rounds of fighting and recrimination and eventually there would be no adherents left. Kind of like what happened to the Shakers -- they didn't believe in sex -- and today they are no more.

So let's see, evolution can shape religions...so which force is ultimately more powerful!

M
Dutch

Moves
20 Dec 06

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that h ...[text shortened]... s suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.
You are wright if you only believe in the new testament and the teachings of Christ.

However in the old testament, some sins are penalised with death.

Some are executed bij God
example (Genesis 19)

Sometimes people are instructed to do so
example (Leviticus 20)

k

Moves
20 Dec 06

Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
Ye, no thoughts about it. If some bstd raped my daughter I would kill him/her. God created me in his/hers/hits image and gave me my brain and nobody but hitself to answer to. I answer to hitself for my actions . My proof to my God is not to hitself, it is beyond hits needs,,,,, beyond hits provided

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Dec 06

So God can't command murder - oh look everyone, God's omnipotence isn't real.

E

Moves
20 Dec 06

how hard can it be to kill a murderer or rapist? it would be much harder to kill an innocent person

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by metbierop
You are wright if you only believe in the new testament and the teachings of Christ.

However in the old testament, some sins are penalised with death.

Some are executed bij God
example (Genesis 19)

Sometimes people are instructed to do so
example (Leviticus 20)
Well, there were certain developments during the times of Christ weren't there ? 😉

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
how hard can it be to kill a murderer or rapist? it would be much harder to kill an innocent person
Killing innocents is being done in abortion clinics every day.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Wrong conclusion !

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by kanthmike
Ye, no thoughts about it. If some bstd raped my daughter I would kill him/her. God created me in his/hers/hits image and gave me my brain and nobody but hitself to answer to. I answer to hitself for my actions . My proof to my God is not to hitself, it is beyond hits needs,,,,, beyond hits provided
What's the hatter with you ?

w

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Well of course God can't command murder or He wouldn't be omnibenevolent now would He? Oh, wait........I'm sensing a contradiction......

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 06

Originally posted by whiterose
Well of course God can't command murder or He wouldn't be omnibenevolent now would He? Oh, wait........I'm sensing a contradiction......
Where is the contradiction?