On atheists and those with weak faith.  [Gandhi]

On atheists and those with weak faith. [Gandhi]

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sure thing, but let it be noted that water can make a hole in a large rock if it drips with constancy, young gwasshopper! I never accepted the other attempts to reconcile the incongruities.
There are no incongruities that can't be rectified by reading a science book or two. The evidence is all there for anyone to see, but you don't want to see it. Again i have a nice little science book on this topic (a different one than last time) ready for you, but you won't read it will you?

You actually want there to be incongruities, because in your mind that gives validation to your (utterly erroneous) Biblical history of humanity. If you don't take in the evidence that contradicts your worldview there's nothing to reconcile then.

rc

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
There are no incongruities that can't be rectified by reading a science book or two. The evidence is all there for anyone to see, but you don't want to see it. Again i have a nice little science book on this topic (a different one than last time) ready for you, but you won't read it will you?

You actually [b]want
there to be incongruities, becaus ...[text shortened]... n't take in the evidence that contradicts your worldview there's nothing to reconcile then.[/b]
its simply two different creation accounts, one which states that there is no intelligence involved and one which states that there is.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

its simply two different creation accounts, one which states that there is no intelligence involved and one which states that there is.
That's not the case as i highlighted in my previous post.

The evolutionary account can, and is, reconciled with 'intelligence'. I personally don't, but there are millions of people worldwide who do. Now just because YOU don't think the 'sacred text' can be reconciled with the evolutionary account is neither here nor there, people do reconcile it. I'm sure you'll now play the True Christians™ card, but again it's irrelevant.

People who believe in God, and not just the God of the Bible, accept the evolutionary account of life and humanity.

rc

Moves
09 Jun 11
3 edits

That's not the case as i highlighted in my previous post.

The evolutionary account can, and is, reconciled with 'intelligence'. I personally don't, but there are millions of people worldwide who do. Now just because [b]YOU
don't think the 'sacred text' can be reconciled with the evolutionary account is neither here nor there, people do reconcile d not just the God of the Bible, accept the evolutionary account of life and humanity.[/b]
this i do not deny, but as has been proven, in order for them to do so, they must deny the teachings of the Christ, relegate the word of God and supplant it with a purely human vision, simply to make room for a teaching that has, at its very basis a materialistic point of view. Either the Word of God is inspired or it is not, either God created living things according to their kinds or he did not, there cannot be any in-between as these weak and watery Christians would like to create some kind of hybrid religion, diluting the teachings of the Christ to accommodate another teaching, you know its true. If there is no Biblical basis for doing so, on what basis are they citing as authority? science? well that is fine, but they are not content to do so, they must give it a religious veneer, under the guise of, 'perhaps God was using evolution', which is going beyond what is written and cannot be Biblically established. This type of thinking has produced weak Christians who are content to view the entire Biblical cannon as mere allegory, or worse still, children's stories. Thus a polarisation has occurred, convinced atheists like yourself, convinced creationists like my self and fence sitters in between.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jun 11

You actually [b]want
there to be incongruities, becaus ...[text shortened]... n't take in the evidence that contradicts your worldview there's nothing to reconcile then.[/b]
You too, don't take in the evidence that contradicts your worldview.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
You too, don't take in the evidence that contradicts your worldview.
Enlighten me, although i think we will be disagreeing on what constitutes 'evidence'.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

this i do not deny, but as has been proven, in order for them to do so, they must deny the teachings of the Christ, relegate the word of God and supplant it with a purely human vision, simply to make room for a teaching that has, at its very basis a materialistic point of view. Either the Word of God is inspired or it is not, either God created livi ...[text shortened]... ced atheists like yourself, convinced creationists like my self and fence sitters in between.
this i do not deny

Good. Please refrain from making the inaccurate generalisation again. 🙂

As for the rest of your post, i'm an atheist, how a Christian applies scripture is neither here nor there for me. I understand your position, but to quote that famous film phrase -

Frankly my darling, i don't give a damn!!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jun 11

Enlighten me, although i think we will be disagreeing on what constitutes 'evidence'.
You have already refused to be enlightened.
You have squandered your chance.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You have already refused to be enlightened.
You have squandered your chance.
So you have nothing? Well there's a surprise.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jun 11

So you have nothing? Well there's a surprise.
Surprise, surprise, surprise.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Jun 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Confidence can be based on reason.

The belief in the existence of God is strictly a matter of faith.

Since you are unable to accept this fact, you project your own deficiency on others.
You speak as a fool.