okkkkk...

okkkkk...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
easy, the discussion occurs because although we know there is no god, we also know there are people who beleive that there is. if there wern't the issue would not arise.
Saying there is no God is proclaiming that there is a GOD if there was no GOD, then words like GOD or Lord or Eternity would not be in our vocabulary.
Neither would any other word, because we wouldn't exist.
I is surprising to me that Masonic descriptions are on the back of the dollar and people believe in evil, yet they deny the good.
Do you honestly believe that good can exist without evil?
Or that this forum can proceed without my contesting of you evey response against GOD?
GOSH! to put it plainly, you guys are idiots, fools, your spiritual eyes are closed.
What do you think when we die the only thing we see is black?
Don't be an imbacile.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by royaltystatement
So wickedness holds those who practice it bound.
Really?
Am I sooooooooooo wrong because I disagree with Blasphemies against GOD.
Oh Man
If I knew you guys were this stuck in you obviously wrong lifestyle I would have came spreading the message a long time ago.
Like the Athist.
I accept that you are that but I disagree with it.
NOW,
How can you say there is no GOD yet you discuss him and blaspheme him?
Could we discuss pink flying kitty cats and in doing so know they
are not real? Discussing something you do not agree with or believe
in doesn't make it any more real or false, it is just a discussion and
our beliefs will not turn a pink flying kitty cat into something real
by just us talking about, nor would it make them become unreal if
they were by our discussion. Bottom line our discussion has no
weight on making something real that is, or making something
unreal that isn't.

As far as blasphemies are concern if God holds any of us accountable
for our sins we are doomed. This isn't saying we should just go off
and blasphemy, but I wanted to point out that before you stand in
judgment of others, just ask yourself this. If Jesus and us were all
standing somewhere together and Jesus asked us to throw stones
at the sinners, but only those that didn't have sin in their life could
do it...would you be picking up a stone?
Kelly

Moves
23 Jul 06

Because though you know the truth, you fail to accept it.
If I was to know that GOD exists and I act as if he doesn't exist, I would still be judged as if I did know the truth, because I did, and you will be judged, like you know the truth, because you do.
Denying the truth is the same as ignorance. The only difference is, you are not blissfully ...[text shortened]... you the truth and warn you, that the punishment for rejecting the truth will be much harsher.
How do you know. is it because it is written in the bible? because the bible was written by people, and people have been known from time to time to, lie, drink, get confused, and smoke pot. (or accidentaly mix up there mushrooms). If it was other people that convinced you, then what convinced them, and how do you trust them, can you ask them for proof?. there have been many god's (and godesses, lets not be sexist) throughout history. what makes you think that your's will still be around in another milenium?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 06

easy, the discussion occurs because although we know there is no god, we also know there are people who beleive that there is. if there wern't the issue would not arise.
You believe there is no God, you do not know it.
Kelly

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
Could we discuss pink flying kitty cats and in doing so know they
are not real? Discussing something you do not agree with or believe
in doesn't make it any more real or false, it is just a discussion and
our beliefs will not turn a pink flying kitty cat into something real
by just us talking about, nor would it make them become unreal if
they were by ...[text shortened]... se that didn't have sin in their life could
do it...would you be picking up a stone?
Kelly
finally,, a good Christian post. Thank you Kelly

Moves
23 Jul 06

You believe there is no God, you do not know it.
Kelly
I can satisfy the definition of knowledge that is widely accepted. however this discussion in it's variouse forms occupies what I am sure is now megabytes of hardrive space on the RHP servers, and we still disagree on this issue. it is I suspect a fairly pointless discussion as it mainly comes down to how you use and define certain words. as we do it differently and won't accept the others criterium I sugest we let that particular debate drop, and pay more attention to ones that don't revolve around semantics 😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 06

I can satisfy the definition of knowledge that is widely accepted. however this discussion in it's variouse forms occupies what I am sure is now megabytes of hardrive space on the RHP servers, and we still disagree on this issue. it is I suspect a fairly pointless discussion as it mainly comes down to how you use and define certain words. as we do it dif ...[text shortened]... particular debate drop, and pay more attention to ones that don't revolve around semantics 😉
Well yes, it matters on how we define the words just as me saying
1+1=X could mean more things than just 2 depending on how you
look at it. God as you define him/her could not be real, and God
depending on how in my mind I define Him may not be real, but
as we both know that doesn't mean that our views of God dismiss
God from being real now does it?
Kelly

Moves
23 Jul 06

you are correct in saying that an indeviduals views on an issue do not change it's underlying reality (assuming it has one). in other words, god does or does not exist regardless of whether or not I beleive in god. in the same way that the planet we live on is spherical or flat regardless of the views of those on it. however my point is that I say that there is enough evidence (or sometimes, lack of evidence where there should be evidence) to state that god does not exist, as a fact. you disagree, then we/others argue about it. but as we don't agree on the validity of the evidence, the means of detection and investigation, the questions being asked, or on occasions the very meaning of the words we use to expound our point of veiw / argument, it is nie on impossible to come to any agreement.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 06

you are correct in saying that an indeviduals views on an issue do not change it's underlying reality (assuming it has one). in other words, god does or does not exist regardless of whether or not I beleive in god. in the same way that the planet we live on is spherical or flat regardless of the views of those on it. however my point is that I say that t ...[text shortened]... use to expound our point of veiw / argument, it is nie on impossible to come to any agreement.
That is all we really do agrue about, the "evidence" you think the
universe shows you there is no God and I believe it shows me there
is. The bottom line is that faith is going to be where we both end up,
you will walk away believing one thing, I'll walk away believing in
another, the truth will be there no matter how we view it.
Kelly

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
23 Jul 06

So wickedness holds those who practice it bound.
Really?
Am I sooooooooooo wrong because I disagree with Blasphemies against GOD.
Oh Man
If I knew you guys were this stuck in you obviously wrong lifestyle I would have came spreading the message a long time ago.
Like the Athist.
I accept that you are that but I disagree with it.
NOW,
How can you say there is no GOD yet you discuss him and blaspheme him?
That's fine. You are free to disagree with my life choices. Likewise, I am free to disagree with yours. I do.

If you want to debate the existance of god, or any of his works, this is the place for you. If you want to simply spam these threads, I will personally endeavour to have you removed. You would be the first person I have ever taken that action against.

E

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
finally,, a good Christian post. Thank you Kelly
he has 301 of them

r

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
That's fine. You are free to disagree with my life choices. Likewise, I am free to disagree with yours. I do.

If you want to debate the existance of god, or any of his works, this is the place for you. If you want to simply spam these threads, I will personally endeavour to have you removed. You would be the first person I have ever taken that action against.
endeavor

E

Moves
23 Jul 06

you guys can hammer him i think its enough without me doing it too lol

r

Moves
23 Jul 06

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
you guys can hammer him i think its enough without me doing it too lol
Are you at all an intellect?

Moves
23 Jul 06

That is all we really do agrue about, the "evidence" you think the
universe shows you there is no God and I believe it shows me there
is. The bottom line is that faith is going to be where we both end up,
you will walk away believing one thing, I'll walk away believing in
another, the truth will be there no matter how we view it.
Kelly
ah, well 'faith' is one of those words we disagree on. As I have stated before, to you, I don't think that mine is a faith position. however as I say, untill we agree on a common vocabulary (barring in mind that language, in this particular case english, has been heavily influenced by religion and thus you often end up using words or phrases which have religious origins but without intending any of the religouse conotations. someone might for example say, 'oh thank god' when finding a missing offspring safe and well but not intend the frase to mean anything other than an excalmation of relief. it's just part of the vernacular.