Oh how quickly it can all end

Oh how quickly it can all end

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
19 Jul 05

Sunday morning, likely returning home from a drug and alchohol filled party, a recent high school graduate from my class slid her car off the road an rolled over. Dead at the scene. A popular cheerleader, was in a few of my classes over the 4 years, and everyone knew who she was, like or dislike. But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she is in the lake of fire.

Don't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by Coconut
Sunday morning, likely returning home from a drug and alchohol filled party, a recent high school graduate from my class slid her car off the road an rolled over. Dead at the scene. A popular cheerleader, was in a few of my classes over the 4 years, and everyone knew who she was, like or dislike. But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she i ...[text shortened]... 't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus
It is posts like this that make normal people want to tell you sanctimonious christians to f*** off.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
It is posts like this that make normal people want to tell you sanctimonious christians to f*** off.
I have to agree with you about that post, but I'm unsure who you
think is normal.
Kelly

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
19 Jul 05

Sunday morning, likely returning home from a drug and alchohol filled party, a recent high school graduate from my class slid her car off the road an rolled over. Dead at the scene. A popular cheerleader, was in a few of my classes over the 4 years, and everyone knew who she was, like or dislike. But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she i ...[text shortened]... 't let yourself regret that you didn't give someone a chance to know the saving power of Jesus
Evidently his saving power was off screwing the pooch that day . He could have saved her from the wreck , or saved her from serious injury , or saved her after the serious injuries were recieved . I mark my score card as : three pitches , three strikes - caught looking .

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
19 Jul 05

Stay away from her family with that "lake of fire" crap.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Jul 05

But her life was finished in just a few seconds, and now she is in the lake of fire.
How do you know? Even if I was a christian, I would question your statement. Can you really tell who is 'saved'?

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
I like the way he says "likely returning home from a drug and alcohol filled party". LOL! Or maybe she was on her way to the orphanage to drop off clothing she had gathered from her nieghbors. Or perhaps this soup kitchen volunteer, a saint of a woman really, was simply tired from all of her volunteer work and she fell asleep at the wheel?

Either way - into the LAKE OF FIRE she goes!

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by wib
I like the way he says "likely returning home from a drug and alcohol filled party". LOL! Or maybe she was on her way to the orphanage to drop off clothing she had gathered from her nieghbors. Or perhaps this soup kitchen volunteer, a saint of a woman really, was simply tired from all of her volunteer work and she fell asleep at the wheel?

Death is death , loser !

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Jul 05

and her friends too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 05

Romans 12:14-16
14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

I'm going to share something I consider very personal that goes to
this subject. As a Christian I understand wanting to reach out to
get people to think about what occurs after we die and leave this
life among our friends and family. I just think at times people at
times get brain farts from time to time and do not consider what
they are doing when.

We lost our first child just after her first birthday, one of the people
who came to her visitation did so with just the intent to pass out
tracks to get people saved. I kicked him out, I knew him, and he
attended the same church we went too as well. There are times
and places for all things. I’m not going to say that if anyone who
knows the Lord not follow the Spirit of God if God is leading you
to share during an event like a visitation, but be mindful of who
you are talking to and what they are going through.
Kelly

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Romans 12:14-16
14Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

I'm going to share something I consider very personal that goes to
this su ...[text shortened]... visitation, but be mindful of who
Kelly
You get an honest rec for being non-judgemental . Good post , Kelly .

d

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
We lost our first child just after her first birthday, one of the people
who came to her visitation did so with just the intent to pass out
tracks to get people saved. I kicked him out, I knew him, and he
attended the same church we went too as well. There are times
and places for all things. I’m not going to say that if anyone who
knows the Lord not f ...[text shortened]... visitation, but be mindful of who
Kelly
Thanks for sharing, KJ. I have a similar story which is relevant and very personal to me as well:

In '95, I was at a funeral for a close friend of my mine from my days going to church. Unbelievably, at the end of the service the Pastor of the church asked those in attendance to bow their heads to pray then proceeeded to have an altar call asking those who wanted to give their lives to Jesus raise their hands and follow after him in a salvation prayer.

I thought it to be totally inappropriate for the occassion and I confronted him about it, asking him respectfully if he thought it was the proper time. He responded, "I can't think of a better time. Lucien would have wanted this." I lost whatever remaining respect I had for him and my church right there and then.

I wish I had that scripture you cited as a ready defense at the time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by darvlay
Thanks for sharing, KJ. I have a similar story which is relevant and very personal to me as well:

In '95, I was at a funeral for a close friend of my mine from my days going to church. Unbelievably, at the end of the service the Pastor of the church asked those in attendance to bow their heads to pray then proceeeded to have an altar call asking those ...[text shortened]... right there and then.

I wish I had that scripture you cited as a ready defense at the time.
I have heard of things like that happening before too, I have heard
of people getting saved during those times too. I do not want to say
that during those times, talking about God should be off limits, for
all I know the person who died may of wanted something like done.
It is difficult, it is a difficult time for all. There is nothing about death
I like, I hate it! I'll be glad when it is thrown into the lake of fire, and
I'm not talking about a person, but death itself is going to be thrown
there.
Kelly

C

Earth Prime

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by wib

At 5:30 am, two roads from her home. But I expected you guys to tear apart my words and make it sound like I have no respect.

I know we all have our impacting experiences. And it just impacts me when someone I've associated with goes on without the spiritual knowledge they should have. I'm not here to show disrespect for her or her family by saying she is now in eternal torment.

I'm here to say that by all human perception, her soul was not saved. There is no human way to know 100% though.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 05
1 edit

At 5:30 am, two roads from her home. But I expected you guys to tear apart my words and make it sound like I have no respect.

I know we all have our impacting experiences. And it just impacts me when someone I've associated with goes on ...[text shortened]... her soul was not saved. There is no human way to know 100% though.
I understand your point, but if there is no way to know her fate
why throw it into the faces of those that loved her? They are here
and your words may carry the day while both you and them are
here. Do you think you will ever be well recieved after you say
something like that to someone who just had a loved one die?
Kelly