1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    17 May '10 16:41
    It came to me today that the Christian must think that the non Christian is just not thinking right, or they would become Christian. Is it a matter of not understanding, or is it a matter of being too dumb to get it, or is it just plain evil on the part of the non believer ? Sometimes the road block that comes when we discuss these matters seems to come down to trying to convince the other side as to why they are not looking at it correctly. See it my way or Burn .
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    17 May '10 17:56
    Originally posted by buckky
    It came to me today that the Christian must think that the non Christian is just not thinking right, or they would become Christian. Is it a matter of not understanding, or is it a matter of being too dumb to get it, or is it just plain evil on the part of the non believer ? Sometimes the road block that comes when we discuss these matters seems to come down ...[text shortened]... convince the other side as to why they are not looking at it correctly. See it my way or Burn .
    My understanding is that they think we believe in God and Jesus' divinity but that we are too arrogant to submit to them.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '10 18:061 edit
    It came to me today that the Christian must think that the non Christian is just not thinking right, or they would become Christian. Is it a matter of not understanding, or is it a matter of being too dumb to get it, or is it just plain evil on the part of the non believer ? Sometimes the road block that comes when we discuss these matters seems to come down ...[text shortened]... convince the other side as to why they are not looking at it correctly. See it my way or Burn .
    Buckky, your reasoning couldn't be further off the mark. Your IQ is inconsequential. Simply a matter of volition at god consciousness and gospel hearing. Postive volition considers and says, "Yes, if you're up there, God, I would like to know you". Upon receiving the good news of a reconciliation option, accepts the gift by deciding to believe in Christ. Negative say, "Hell no, I'll take my chances. You know what you can do with your vertical relationship/eternal life gift. Thanks anyway. Not buying. As for me and my family, we'll go it on our own." God's not only fair, He's a gentleman who says, "Okay. We'll do it your way."

4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 May '10 18:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Buckky, your reasoning couldn't be further off the mark. Your IQ is inconsequential. Simply a matter of volition at god consciousness and gospel hearing. Postive volition considers and says, "Yes, if you're up there, God, I would like to know you". Upon receiving the good news of a reconciliation option, accepts the gift by deciding to believe in Christ ...[text shortened]... ys, "Okay. We'll do it your way."

Not so, GB, not so. It may have worked for you in that way, but I can assure you that many many people beseech Jesus to come and fill their heart without ever hearing anything but the wind in response.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '10 18:24
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Not so, GB, not so. It may have worked for you in that way, but I can assure you that many many people beseech Jesus to come and fill their heart without ever hearing anything but the wind in response.
    "Beseech" and "to come and fill" verbiage efforts haven't a thing in the world to do with acquiring eternal life. Why, you ask?

So simple... that's tantamount to meritorious human works. We don't invite Christ anywhere. He invites us to come to Him.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 May '10 18:51
    "Beseech" and "to come and fill" verbiage efforts haven't a thing in the world to do with acquiring eternal life. Why, you ask?

So simple... that's tantamount to meritorious human works. We don't invite Christ anywhere. He invites us to come to Him.
    Well that just takes me back to here Thread 130109
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 May '10 22:36
    Buckky, your reasoning couldn't be further off the mark. Your IQ is inconsequential. Simply a matter of volition at god consciousness and gospel hearing. Postive volition considers and says, "Yes, if you're up there, God, I would like to know you". Upon receiving the good news of a reconciliation option, accepts the gift by deciding to believe in Christ ...[text shortened]... ys, "Okay. We'll do it your way."

I'm not going to inflict any of my beliefs on my family except in a non-direct, passive way. My children are free to decide. I do not tell them not to believe in christianity.
    Direct question for you ,Gramps: Is "Jesus" the only way to God?
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 May '10 01:43

A gentleman that sends you to Hell is no gentleman. That seems a little harsh for not seeing something a certain way.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '10 02:23
    A gentleman that sends you to Hell is no gentleman. That seems a little harsh for not seeing something a certain way.
    He isn't willing that any should perish but doesn't impose His will or coerce yours.

You, yourself, decide the eternal destination of your own immortal soul. Period.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 May '10 09:34
    don't we all think this way? you have a view, you are certain of it, don't you think the others are somehow missing something since they don't get it?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 May '10 09:40
    "Not thinking right"

Think right? By the standard of whom? By me? Or you? How do we know what *is* right thinking?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '10 11:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

I'm not going to inflict any of my beliefs on my family except in a non-direct, passive way. My children are free to decide. I do not tell them not to believe in christianity.
    Direct question for you ,Gramps: Is "Jesus" the only way to God?
    "And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him,

"Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one

comes to the Father except through me." -John 14: 4-6
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 May '10 16:01

Meaning you need an enlightened man to like the Buddha or Lord Krisna or Jesus himself to lead the non enlightened out of the darkness. Did Jesus say we are all the Son's of God ? The kingdom of Heaven is within you? I think he was talking about a state of consciousness, not a place with Gold Streets. Christians want to think that they are envolved with something apart from the other major world religions, but they are about the same thing. It's all one search for the Truth. No one religion has a monopoly on Truth. When the Christian tells the non Christian that they alone have the Truth, it is bound to cause resentment. It's like telling a black person that the white people are the only true humans.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '10 16:28
    Meaning you need an enlightened man to like the Buddha or Lord Krisna or Jesus himself to lead the non enlightened out of the darkness. Did Jesus say we are all the Son's of God ? The kingdom of Heaven is within you? I think he was talking about a state of consciousness, not a place with Gold Streets. Christians want to think that they are envolved with somet ...[text shortened]... resentment. It's like telling a black person that the white people are the only true humans.
    Simply provided a straightforward and direct answer to karoly aczel's question. The created universe and absolute truth existed

before our arrival on the scene and will still be firmly in place after our departure. Our challenge is to apprehend it while here.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 May '10 17:10

This is exactly the sort of arrogance that makes Christianity so unpalatable to me - why don't they just have gang colours and be done with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree