Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
Well, I consider myself as a careful thinker, so please give me something to think about.
Ok, here's an article about a massive coal deposit in Australia that appeared in Creation Magazine. Some Undies (my tongue-in-cheek name for Unbelievers, as opposed to their term, Fundies, for Fundamentalist believers like myself) will dismiss this magazine and website out of hand. That is simply a cop-out they use to avoid the issue. I don't get it. The ultimate issues here in the spirituality forum, and directly related to Noah's ark etc, are too important to play around with.

I hope you take a look at other articles found at this site.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v23/i2/coal.asp

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
07 Jul 05

Originally posted by chinking58
Ok, here's an article about a massive coal deposit in Australia that appeared in Creation Magazine. Some Undies (my tongue-in-cheek name for Unbelievers, as opposed to their term, Fundies, for Fundamentalist believers like myself) will dismiss this magazine and website out of hand. That is simply a cop-out they use to avoid the issue. I don't get it. ...[text shortened]... other articles found at this site.

thanks for the link, I'll look at it, and return tomorrow (it's late here in Denmark). I take it, that since you've provided this link, you agree with the content.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jul 05

Ok, here's an article about a massive coal deposit in Australia that appeared in Creation Magazine. Some Undies (my tongue-in-cheek name for Unbelievers, as opposed to their term, Fundies, for Fundamentalist believers like myself) will dismiss this magazine and website out of hand. That is simply a cop-out they use to avoid the issue. I don't get it. ...[text shortened]... other articles found at this site.

Noah's ark is a stolen story from Sumerian mythology,period.
The Israelites had access to that story and that's the simple truth.
that site you gave is just garbage,
God doesn't not need his existence proven by lies, I suggest to you to stop worshipping a book of doctored mythology and read Christ's words and get the faith.

c

Moves
08 Jul 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Noah's ark is a stolen story from Sumerian mythology,period.
The Israelites had access to that story and that's the simple truth.
that site you gave is just garbage,
God doesn't not need his existence proven by lies, I suggest to you to stop worshipping a book of doctored mythology and read Christ's words and get the faith.
Wow!

If Noah's story is true (and I believe it is), then it would follow ever so naturally, that the descendants of Noah's three sons became the new fathers of all the nations, and that the amazing survival story they told to their children would be passed down through many generations. Of course, as time passed, and the original event became blurred in the past, its telling would become blurred as well. We would find many versions of that story among many peoples.

Here are a few articles elaborating on the existence of such stories.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3764.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3766.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v15/i3/ripley.asp

I understand, Froggy, that you've declared this site 'garbage', but why is that?

The public schools and virtually all of the mainstream media have made it their business to censor all mention of creation science. So most people have been seriously indoctrinated to believe in evolution. When they enter into a discussion and demand to see the evidence supporting the special creation theory, they are directed to the few places where such evidence has been gathered and organized. But rather than allow such people a fair look at that information, you call it 'garbage'.

Some have said that Fundies are simple minded followers of foolish ideas. Pick out an article from the 'trash' at http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v27/i3/index.asp, won't you, and point out the simple mindedness for me. This is an index to the latest Creation Magazine. (And please leave the Sumerians and Paul at home for this one.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jul 05

Wow!

If Noah's story is true (and I believe it is), then it would follow ever so naturally, that the descendants of Noah's three sons became the new fathers of all the nations, and that the amazing survival story they told to their children would be passed down through many generations. Of course, as time passed, and the original event became blurre ...[text shortened]... to the latest Creation Magazine. (And please leave the Sumerians and Paul at home for this one.
"I understand, Froggy, that you've declared this site 'garbage', but why is that? "

because it's the source of so much junk-science that it has zero credibility.

Noah ark story needs way too much junk science to make it work.

There's good reason to keep crackpot science out of science classes and that's because its a SCIENCE class!!!!

c

Moves
08 Jul 05

"I understand, Froggy, that you've declared this site 'garbage', but why is that? "

because it's the source of so much junk-science that it has zero credibility.

Noah ark story needs way too much junk science to make it work.

There's good reason to keep crackpot science out of science classes and that's because its a SCIENCE class!!!!
Well, we agree on something! I too wish they would keep the crackpot science that is so abundantly full of groundless assumptions, godless premises (as well as predjudices) and gaping holes out of the classroom!

I take it you're not going to refer to one of the articles in the magazine and look for examples of what you call junk-science?

And....are you suggesting that ideas like the big bang, fossils forming under the infinitely slow burial process of long sedimentation rates, random, positive mutations leading to the advance of animal life, claiming as fact the long age conclusions of untested (and untestable) dating methods etc. etc. etc., are NOT 'junk-science'?

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
08 Jul 05
2 edits

Ok, here's an article about a massive coal deposit in Australia that appeared in Creation Magazine. Some Undies (my tongue-in-cheek name for Unbelievers, as opposed to their term, Fundies, for Fundamentalist believers like myself) will ...[text shortened]... ite.

I've now looked at the article, along with many others on the site, and frankly I'm not impressed. The articles are mainly focussing on tiny inaccureries in different scientific theories, and completely overlook the immense scientific problems in their own.
A good example is the article: 'How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?'
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/animals.asp

The author claims that Noah merely needed 16,000 animals on board, which of course means 8,000 different species (or classes). Considering that there today is about 1,500,000 different species in the world, it means that there must have been an immense evolutionary process going on, right up till today when it suddently stopped.

There are many other examples, but it's just not worth spending more time on. So in conclusion I'd say that this site is a religious site which has nothing to do with real science.

EDIT:misspell, misspell, and misspell

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
I've now looked at the article, along with many others on the site, and frankly I'm not impressed. The articles are mainly focussing on tiny inaccureries in different scientific theories, and completely overlook the immense scientific problems in their own.
A good example is the article: 'How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark?'
http://www.answer ...[text shortened]... ligious site which has nothing to do with real science.

EDIT:misspell, misspell, and misspell
"1,500,000 different species in the world"

Is this a total number of species in the world today, or a small
percentage of all life?
Kelly

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jul 05
1 edit

Well, we agree on something! I too wish they would keep the crackpot science that is so abundantly full of groundless assumptions, godless premises (as well as predjudices) and gaping holes out of the classroom!

I take it you're not ...[text shortened]... able) dating methods etc. etc. etc., are NOT 'junk-science'?

so far everything you've said is ridiculous.
Teaching about religion belongs in a religion class and not in a science class. If you don't like that , too bad!
There was no worldwide flood , no Noah's ark. period.
That flood story is not only bad science it's also bad religion.
And there's no way for that creation story to be true either.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 05

so far everything you've said is ridiculous.
Teaching about religion belongs in a religion class and not in a science class. If you don't like that , too bad!
There was no worldwide flood , no Noah's ark. period.
That flood story is not only bad science it's also bad religion.
And there's no way for that creation story to be true either.

That's it; it is ridiculous, it did not happen, to bad?

So far the only point I have seen is the number of creatures on the
ark couldn't be enough. That is the first topic of discussion and it
has just started.
Kelly

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
08 Jul 05

Perhaps you could just explain to us why the bible says that god promised not cause anymore floods, and yet there still is ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Perhaps you could just explain to us why the bible says that god promised not cause anymore floods, and yet there still is ?
What scripture are you refering to?
Kelly

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
What scripture are you refering to?
Kelly
Genesis 8 21
regards
J

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Genesis 8 21
regards
J
NIV
21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

To speed things up, what version has God saying no floods on the
earth using that chapter and verse?
Kelly

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
09 Jul 05

I can't do the math, but what is the mass of water needed to flood the entire earth from sea level to 30,000 feet?
Where is it now?