No God

No God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Good point!

I [b]know
that the world is flat.

So called "conclusive evidence" to the contrary is therefore false.[/b]
Where do you get the idea the world is flat? It must be another one of those stupid ideas of the evolutionists. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by Agerg
I agree that by any reasonable definition of "know", one should expect you know the world is flat. However, it could well be the case that all your memories are false, the physics said to describe the earth and universe is in error, and no one is talking about this (at least to you), because they are all involved in some big conspiracy to deceive you into thin ...[text shortened]... e absurd abrahamic god of the Bible not being a thing that exists happens to be one of them.
I would say the physics is mostly okay. I think it is the viewpoint in the mind of the viewer that is the problem. If one has the correct viewpoint it is easy to see the evidence of the God of the Holy Bible everywhere. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by Agerg
I agree that by any reasonable definition of "know", one should expect you know the world is flat. However, it could well be the case that all your memories are false, the physics said to describe the earth and universe is in error, and no one is talking about this (at least to you), because they are all involved in some big conspiracy to deceive you into thin ...[text shortened]... e absurd abrahamic god of the Bible not being a thing that exists happens to be one of them.
I agree.
I was of course parodying Suzianne (just in case you missed it! 😉 )

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Where do you get the idea the world is flat? It must be another one of those stupid ideas of the evolutionists. 😏
see above

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parody

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 12

I agree.
I was of course parodying Suzianne (just in case you missed it! 😉 )
Suzianne said nothing about believing the Earth was flat. FMF would call this a straw man for sure. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 12

see above

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parody
So you made a statement that you knew was not true in order to intentionally mock Suzianne, is that what this was all about? So you actually had no legitimate argument against anything she actually said, so you decided to create a straw man to use to ridicule her instead.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Suzianne said nothing about believing the Earth was flat. FMF would call this a straw man for sure. 😏
I suggest you research "strawman argument" and "parody" and broaden your vocabulary.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 12

I suggest you research "strawman argument" and "parody" and broaden your vocabulary.
I did. FMF told me all about it. You don't doubt FMF do you?