no faith = no righteousness

no faith = no righteousness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
haha Fabidoooooo, boo hoo hoo, moo moo moo, floo floo floo, goo goo goo!
This is a good example of an intelligent response from a Jehovas Witness.

How old did you say you are?

rc

Moves
06 Feb 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
This is a good example of an intelligent response from a Jehovas Witness.

How old did you say you are?
well if you act like child you shall be treated as a child! your grounded, no pocket money and no tv for you Fabidooooooooooo!

F

Moves
06 Feb 10

well if you act like child you shall be treated as a child! your grounded, no pocket money and no tv for you Fabidooooooooooo!
You have experiences of that, I believe. Have every JW culter children your experience?
http://www.google.se/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPEA_svSE252SE252&q=jehovas+witness+child+molestation

rc

Moves
06 Feb 10
1 edit

You have experiences of that, I believe. Have every JW culter children your experience?
http://www.google.se/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPEA_svSE252SE252&q=jehovas+witness+child+molestation
i dont know of any instances of child abuse, do you have personal experience of abusing children for your self gratification? it is well known that Scandinavian countries take a rather less than strict view of these things, may i suggest therefore that you call the police and hand yourself in Fabidoooooooooo its the only decent thing to do. Who knows maybe you can get help?

F

Moves
06 Feb 10

i dont know of any instances of child abuse, do you have personal experience of abusing children for your self gratification?
No, I have no personal experience of that, I'm not Jehowas witness.
But I know that children who have personal experience that elders have this kind of interest are retarded in mental development.

May I quote from a resent posting of yours: "haha Fabidoooooo, boo hoo hoo, moo moo moo, floo floo floo, goo goo goo!"
What do your parents say about this?

Remember that you are an ambassador of the Jehovas Witness cult when you answer.

rc

Moves
06 Feb 10

No, I have no personal experience of that, I'm not Jehowas witness.
But I know that children who have personal experience that elders have this kind of interest are retarded in mental development.

May I quote from a resent posting of yours: "haha Fabidoooooo, boo hoo hoo, moo moo moo, floo floo floo, goo goo goo!"
What do your parents say about this?

Remember that you are an ambassador of the Jehovas Witness cult when you answer.
my parents are not Jehovahs Witnesses, therefore as a free moral agent i say once more to you, ' ennsy weensy Fabian climbed up the water spout, out came the rain and washed poor Fabby out, out came the sunshine and dried up all da rain, and eensy weensy Fabian , climed up the spout again'.

w

Moves
06 Feb 10

Intending to kill his son opnly because some authority tells you to means that you've lost your ability to think for yourself. This is not righteous. What if noone hindered him, then would he kill his son? Yes of course. So he was infact about to be a murderer of the first degree.

Is this how you define 'righteous'? To be prepared to kill your son? Onl ...[text shortened]... tells you to? Then I'm happy to say I wouldn't want to be like that. My son can feel safe.
It has nothing to do with the inablility to be unable to think for yourself, at least, in Abrahams case. In fact, he argued with God about him destroying Sodom. I think for Abraham, it was more of a trust that God was benevolent and knew what he was doing. I think that the long history between the two helped foster this trust. Now would he have done so when the initially interacted? Probably not, but who is to say?

Of course, God sacrificed his son and I believe there to be some connection between the two events. So assuming that through God's son we have access to eternal life, would you agree that this was a righteous act?

rc

Moves
06 Feb 10

Originally posted by whodey
It has nothing to do with the inablility to be unable to think for yourself, at least, in Abrahams case. In fact, he argued with God about him destroying Sodom. I think for Abraham, it was more of a trust that God was benevolent and knew what he was doing. I think that the long history between the two helped foster this trust. Now would he have done so wh ...[text shortened]... hrough God's son we have access to eternal life, would you agree that this was a righteous act?
reasoned, he reasoned with God.

j

Moves
06 Feb 10
2 edits

Full of illusions...
double posted by accident.

w

Moves
06 Feb 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you have a Biblical reference for this?
Romans 2, which you obviously cannot reconcile to your home-made doctrine, contradicts you,
Well lets see, that is a rather long chapter. I assume you are referring to the part about men who do not know the law but have it written upon their hearts? So how are men judged by God who have never heard of him? Only God knows. All I am saying is that the Bible is certain on one fact and that is God seeks our faith to be placed in him. In fact, I like how chapter 2 ends by saying, "but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

In short, I don't believe that our good works save us. All are saved through one Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on the cross. This goes for all that died before him and after him and for those who have heard of him and those who have not. All righteousness comes from God, not man. Would you not agree? So whether such righteousness comes from us listening to the law written on our hearts or from his word, it is up to us to follow his righteous inclination and it is only then that we become righteous.

j

Moves
06 Feb 10
2 edits

Full of illusions...
I don't think so.

What I have said to you did not originate out of my mouth. It came out of the mouth of this Person in human history which a few of us have been impressed with. His name was Jesus.

He had quite an impact on history, this Jesus. We cannot so easily dismiss His words or His deeds.

Anyway, these matters about the need for forgiveness of sins before a Righteous God came out of the mouth of this Jesus. We cannot easily dismiss these things as illusions.

Is it illusion that there would be a perfect Governor of all creation?

Is it illusion that I have transgressions and offenses against God and man ?

Perhaps you consider it illussion that I would say the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sins. I admit that this is an unusual idea. And I will give an opinion about it.

I think that God Almighty is intent that we understand that He became a man that He has emphasized the blood of this man. I think God is saying that there are not two parties involved here God and someone else who steps forward to pay our dept. I think God is saying that as much as it is possibnle for us to comprehend, this was God Himself as a Man.

To drive home the point that this is God / Man who incurred the lose for our transgressions, He wraps the whole matter up in this God / Man's blood.

This divine pardon is not a sloppy and sentamental forgiveness. It is not a forgiveness based solely of God's love. The dept to His law had to be PAID. You and I could not pay it. This is forgiveness because judgment has taken place for what we did.

The blood represents that my sins were not simply overlooked. They were judged. But in Whom were they judged? They were judged in a Person who:

1.) Had to be a Man so that He could die.

2.) Had to be God so that the significance of His death has eternal effect

In one post I cannot exhaust this matter. Anyway, if you know a truth which dispels this "illusion" then tell us. Is there a final justice in this universe ? Is there an accounting to an ultimate moral standard ?

Or do we just keep ourselves busy enough from day to day so we don't have to think about it ?

j

Moves
06 Feb 10
1 edit

erase

w

Moves
06 Feb 10

reasoned, he reasoned with God.
Indeed. In fact, I have "reasoned" many times with my wife as well. 😛

rc

Moves
06 Feb 10

Originally posted by whodey
Indeed. In fact, I have "reasoned" many times with my wife as well. 😛
lol, you may be the head of your family but my goodness the neck knows which way it wants to turn the head.

F

Moves
06 Feb 10

my parents are not Jehovahs Witnesses, therefore as a free moral agent i say once more to you, ' ennsy weensy Fabian climbed up the water spout, out came the rain and washed poor Fabby out, out came the sunshine and dried up all da rain, and eensy weensy Fabian , climed up the spout again'.
So you regressed all of your own.
And now you start to quote fairytales...
How old are you?