1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 10:54
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-08-brain-imaging-intelligent.html

More work showing the seat of intelligence in the brain, it can analyse your brain from these images and give a good indication of your base intelligence.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse

More work showing the seat of intelligence in the brain, it can analyse your brain from these images and give a good indication of your base intelligence.
    We all know that intelligence has nothing to do with the soul. After all, people born with low IQs have perfectly good souls and still get into heaven where they live happily ever after.
    Also it is well known that brain damage (either physical or due to disease or old age) can result in lower IQ. Surely your soul is not damaged?

If souls maintain lowered IQ after death then we should consider killing ourselves before old age dementia sets in or we risk spending eternity in heaven in a state of dementia.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 13:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    We all know that intelligence has nothing to do with the soul. After all, people born with low IQs have perfectly good souls and still get into heaven where they live happily ever after.
    Also it is well known that brain damage (either physical or due to disease or old age) can result in lower IQ. Surely your soul is not damaged?

If souls maintain lowe ...[text shortened]... s before old age dementia sets in or we risk spending eternity in heaven in a state of dementia.
    Eternity in heaven, an oxymoron. Can you imagine an entire universe full of souls, all going to 'heaven' after they die, and in a multiverse, an infinite number of universes where the life forms there can also go to heaven after they die? I can't even imagine the number of souls that would end up in such a place and with that many how could there possibly be joy in being there? The entire concept is corrupt from day one, the giant religious ponzi pyramid scheme by people set on controlling the savage population.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 14:38
    Eternity in heaven, an oxymoron. Can you imagine an entire universe full of souls, all going to 'heaven' after they die, and in a multiverse, an infinite number of universes where the life forms there can also go to heaven after they die? I can't even imagine the number of souls that would end up in such a place and with that many how could there possibly b ...[text shortened]... the giant religious ponzi pyramid scheme by people set on controlling the savage population.
    Not as many souls end up there as you might imagine.

"Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." -- Matthew 7:14, KJV
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 16:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Because strait [is] the gate,
    Is that where the homophobia comes from?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is that where the homophobia comes from?
    “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
    (Matthew 7;13-14 NKJV)

I see nothing in that about homosexuals. 😏
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 18:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
    (Matthew 7;13-14 NKJV)

I see nothing in that about homosexuals. 😏
    Ah, so you won't have to be worried about being accosted by a gay soul.

Does that mean you will never meet your son?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 19:07

The brain is a communication tool used by the immaterial Mind. Some brains work like telegraphs and others like telephones. This is all your scientists are really discovering. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 21:261 edit
    The brain is a communication tool used by the immaterial Mind. Some brains work like telegraphs and others like telephones. This is all your scientists are really discovering. 😏
    So where do you find this 'immaterial' mind?

BTW, are you saying there will be no gay people in heaven?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 22:19
    So where do you find this 'immaterial' mind?

BTW, are you saying there will be no gay people in heaven?
    The "immaterial mind" is within the immaterial soul that lives on after the death of the material body. I am not making predictions about gay people.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 02:031 edit
    The "immaterial mind" is within the immaterial soul that lives on after the death of the material body. I am not making predictions about gay people.
    But you hope they get the boot....

What's funny is talking about all this as if it were real.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 02:28

i'm concerned that this technology will be used to discriminate between humans. possibly require job applicants to pass a certain level to be considered for employment.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 03:492 edits

I think it's very healthy to be able to talk to others with regard to their belief system, asking questions using their own terminology .
    I have made an effort to be aquainted with the general lingo and basic practices of whatever church/mosque/ holy place (nothing holy, black beetle 😵 ), I am visiting. I did go through a time in my life where I went around conciously trying to check out whatever spiritual places came by on my travels. I think it's a good thing to do, not to mention they often have free coffee and different architecture to the otherwise Edward Scissorhand-like drawl of the burbs. I noticed that not 150m from my house there is a "Science Church". lol. I'm checking that one out next.. 🙂

Sorry bout sidetrack. Yes!! I find it pretty funny too
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 11:19

You seem to think only physical things are real. I believe there are other things that are also real. Perhaps you do too and just don't realize it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree