New  Topic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Feb 06

what do you Christians think of this from the Koran :

"[17.111] And say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has not taken a son and Who has not a partner in the kingdom, and Who has not a helper to save Him from disgrace; and proclaim His greatness magnifying (Him).'

Have fun guys

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by frogstomp

"[17.111] And say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has not taken a son and Who has not a partner in the kingdom, and Who has not a helper to save Him from disgrace; and proclaim His greatness magnifying (Him).'

Have fun guys
It would help if it were seen in context.

P

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Think he means with relation to Jesus, and how he is perceived in the
Christian World.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Feb 06

Have fun guys
I think it is from the Qu'ran. I think it contradicts the Bible, on more than one level. I think any work which knowingly contradicts the Bible puts its author and perpetuators in danger of hell fire (depending on their spiritual status, of course).

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I think it is from the Qu'ran. I think it contradicts the Bible, on more than one level. I think any work which knowingly contradicts the Bible puts its author and perpetuators in danger of hell fire (depending on their spiritual status, of course).
Or eternal salvation - if, of course, they, and not the bible, are correct. (I love commas!)

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Context?

how's this for context:

"[17.110] Say: Call upon Allah or call upon, the Beneficent God; whichever you call upon, He has the best names; and do not utter your prayer with a very raised voice nor be silent with regard to it, and seek a way between these."

note the numbering

Hmmm . . .

Moves
19 Feb 06

Context?

how's this for context:

"[17.110] Say: Call upon Allah or call upon, the Beneficent God; whichever you call upon, He has the best names; and do not utter your prayer with a very raised voice nor be silent with regard to it, and seek a way between these."

note the numbering
Nice to see you active here again, froggy!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I think it is from the Qu'ran.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The verse in question is one of many in the Qu'ran (Koran) that extolls the glory of Allah, and while doing so criticizes the false doctrines of Christianity because they perceive Allah (the Creator) in the image of man. In other places of the Qu'ran, Christians and Jews are complimented as people of the book, and their revelations (Scriptures) are recognized as containing truths, but partial, incomplete, and ultimately in error.

P

Moves
19 Feb 06

You see, the Quran is not there to be chopped and quoted as you feel like
doing. Its not a pick and choose contest, highlight certain verses and leave
all the others in the darkness.

You cannot simply select a random verse and expect a straight answer.
There is wisdom to be learnt in these verses but you need to understand
the grounds these sentences were built on. The foundations. Only then
you'll appreciate the true meaning of the verses you quoted above.

If you have a specific question, then please let me hear it, I'll do my
best, as a Muslim, to answer it.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
19 Feb 06

Have fun guys
I think it's someone else's religion and their holy book can say whatever they want it to say. My holy book says nasty things about witches (including not allowing them to live) but I don't think any Wiccans are losing any sleep because of it.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Peachy
You see, the Quran is not there to be chopped and quoted as you feel like
doing. Its not a pick and choose contest, highlight certain verses and leave
all the others in the darkness.

You cannot simply select a random verse and expect a straight answer.
There is wisdom to be learnt in these verses but you need to understand
the grounds these sentenc ...[text shortened]... a specific question, then please let me hear it, I'll do my
best, as a Muslim, to answer it.
I'm relieved to see there are still sane people in this world.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by reader1107
I think it's someone else's religion and their holy book can say whatever they want it to say. My holy book says nasty things about witches (including not allowing them to live) but I don't think any Wiccans are losing any sleep because of it.
As long as you're not actually thinking of doing what your book says I'm fine with it.

Sadly, many unintelligent people stop thinking and simply act on every word of such a book. THOSE are the people that should be sent to hell.

L

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by TheMaster37
As long as you're not actually thinking of doing what your book says I'm fine with it.

Sadly, many unintelligent people stop thinking and simply act on every word of such a book. THOSE are the people that should be sent to hell.
I think it is unlikely that any person is deserving of hell (ie., eternal torment).

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by vistesd
Nice to see you active here again, froggy!
Thank you, my friend.
I have come to the conclusion that only a gauge field god could possibly exist.'Tis a pity that each "prophet's" sayings are used to start a reliigion and religious dogma are not helpful in expanding our field-receptors beyond that of the "prophet".

Peace be with you.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
21 Feb 06

Thank you, my friend.
I have come to the conclusion that only a gauge field god could possibly exist.'Tis a pity that each "prophet's" sayings are used to start a reliigion and religious dogma are not helpful in expanding our field-receptors beyond that of the "prophet".

Peace be with you.
I remember asking you about gauge fields, and you said that electro-magnetism was one. Now, I think I agree with you, if say, we’re talking the Tao...