Natural Selection

Natural Selection

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
Did you even look at the web page I gave you?
yes. it were crap. (best yorkshire accent impression)

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
yes. it were crap. (best yorkshire accent impression)
Care to highlight some of the crap?

Or should I take your word for it, seeing you took 4 minutes to thoroughly evaluate it.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

[b]What Flood? There is no evidence for any cataclysmic flood. Oh dear.

Dude... Are you a scientist? Have you ever heard of the fossil record?

Does the Grand Canyon ring a bell?

Speaking about educating ourselves...

Check:

http://www.layevangelism.com/advtxbk/sections/sect-10/sec10-5.htm[/b]
again a pile of unsubstantiated crap. (for instance trying to pass off the evolutionists comments about the tsunami caused by the meteor strike at the K-T boundary as a flood even happening 4,000 years ago.)

Fossil record has no evidence of a cataclysmic flood. But then, you don't trust the fossil record anyway.

What HAS the Grand Canyon got to do with anything?

Oh, were DID all the water go after that flood?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Mar 06

Care to highlight some of the crap?
tomorrow. I promise. tonight I'm tired. going to bed.

and you can highlight where the Zhang paper is wrong, if you would. I'll even email you a pdf if you like.

Moves
09 Mar 06

again a pile of unsubstantiated crap.

Fossil record has no evidence of a cataclysmic flood. But then, you don't trust the fossil record anyway.

What HAS the Grand Canyon got to do with anything?

again a pile of unsubstantiated crap.

After another 4 minutes of thorough evaluation...

You obviously did not read the site I gave you.

Oh dear. The poor Doc has never seen the Ocean.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Mar 06

Oh dear. The poor Doc has never seen the Ocean.
But the ocean would have to increase in depth by thousands of metres to cover even almost all of the surface of the earth. Where did those billions of tons of water go afterwards? Hell, where did they come from in the first place?

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
But the ocean would have to increase in depth by thousands of metres to cover even almost all of the surface of the earth. Where did those billions of tons of water go afterwards? Hell, where did they come from in the first place?
Ever heard of a vapour canopy and underground water?

c

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Ever heard of a vapour canopy and underground water?
dj, just listen to yourself. Are you suggesting that there is enough capacity in the atmosphere and underground to hold enough water to completely cover the world to a depth of several meters? I'd suggest you invoke some sort of divine intervention because there is NO WAY that much water could be held in the atmosphere/underground. Your hypothesis doesn't "hold water" as it were.....

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by corp1131
dj, just listen to yourself. Are you suggesting that there is enough capacity in the atmosphere and underground to hold enough water to completely cover the world to a depth of several meters? I'd suggest you invoke some sort of divine intervention because there is NO WAY that much water could be held in the atmosphere/underground. Your hypothesis doesn't "hold water" as it were.....
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-floodwater.html

L

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Quote from that webpage:

"After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!...Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography...Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins."

Good Lord, dj2, get a frickin' clue.

S

Moves
09 Mar 06

Hahahahahahahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in days.

Moves
09 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
Hahahahahahahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in days.
Good for you!

You must have a rather miserable life. 😞

D

Moves
09 Mar 06

The earliest life would have been prokaryotes, similar to todays blue-green algae. Single cellular photosynthetic organisms. What we'd understand as plants (i.e. terrestrial vascular plants, trees and the like) didn't evolve until around 400 million years ago - so relatively recently. Eukaryotic cells, like ours and 'plant' cells have a number of org ...[text shortened]... d never have evolved because the atmosphere would probably never get above 10% O2.
Thanks for the info.
I can now, at least, start to see why you are so adamant in your position.

DF

D

Moves
09 Mar 06

You really aren't very clever are you? (Nor, in fact, did you actually bother to READ the article, or you'd have seen the bit 'can we trust the data'😉 You take something of any given age, but older is better, then you date it using several different dating techniques (there are over 40 radiodating techniques). If the decay constants change over time t ...[text shortened]... ut, not the orders of magnitude that you require for your fairy stories to be bourne out.
I don't know much about dating techniques (I've been married too long) but I do have a question.
I heard that these isotopes decay at a steady rate (exponential, or whatever). How do we know it's a steady rate and that the rate doesn't change after a given time?

DF

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
09 Mar 06

Originally posted by DragonFriend
I don't know much about dating techniques (I've been married too long) but I do have a question.
I heard that these isotopes decay at a steady rate (exponential, or whatever). How do we know it's a steady rate and that the rate doesn't change after a given time?

DF
Hi DF,

If they did vary, all techniques would vary independantly, because the decays constants would change independantly (based, probably on mass or something). However, since we can use multiple techniques to date the same sample to the same date it means that the decay constants must never change. Basically, it's like measuring the length of something - one ruler may be wrong, but if you measure it with 10 different rulers and get the same result, then either the first ruler was correct, OR all the rulers are wrong by exactly the same amount. This would be made further unlikely if all the rulers were made by different companies in different factories. Essentially, by using multiple techniques we are verifying the age yielded, unless every technique that we have for radiodating (there are over 40) is wrong by exactly the same amount, and have been wrong by the same amount for all of history. The chances of that eventuality being correct are several hundred billion to one.