1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:171 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nope. You are faced with other unexplainable questions that would need to be resolved before ridiculing the Biblical account.

Why is such an emormous structure erected at such a high altitude? Do they really expect us to believe that humans dragged all that timber up to the mountain top and then constructed a two story boat? In the article I provided so ...[text shortened]... the slopes of Mt. Ararat and then construct it undetected.......and then bury it in ice. LMAO!!
    Did you read the link i gave you?

"If the world wants to think this is a wonderful discovery, that's fine," Randall Price, an archaeologist who in 2008 was working with the Chinese-led evangelical team, told The Christian Science Monitor. "My problem is that, in the end, proper analysis may show this to be a hoax and negatively reflect how gullible Christians can be."

I see you're one of the gullible ones.

Now have a resd of this link form the Christian Science Monitor website -

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2010/0428/Doubt-cast-on-Noah-s-ark-found-in-Turkey
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:262 edits
    Let me ask ypu something avalanche.

Do you think there is such a thing as true propoganda ?

Like this: People INTERESTED in the Holocaust go through pains to preserve information about what happened. They have lists of victims. They know who certain soldiers and guards were. They keep track of where jailors and doctors went after WW2.

They have a real keen interest in following these historical events. Some of what they write could be called propoganda. But it is propoganda of the true type.

Do you think that because of their enthusiasm about knowing much about the events renders their studies invalid ?

You, dismiss Paul. Let's say that Paul was writing propoganda. Could it be true propoganga like the Jewish scholars who follow the Holocaust history ?

I just ask you if it is possible that propoganda can be based on true facts ?

I would like sometime to open a thread on Paul's autobiographical information about himself. Second Corinthians could be said to be the Autobiographhy of Paul. He speaks more there about his life and ministry then anywhere else.

Have you ever read through Second Corinthians ? Here is a man to whom these things either occured and He knew Jesus OR He was totally INSANE !!

I believe it was the former reason for his writing of that letter.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:35
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You ever seen 4000 year old timber? I have. Ice-preserved, bog-preserved, sea-preserved. That wood in that video is categorically [b]not 4000 years old.[/b]
    Wow. That's funny.

You are posturing as a wood expert--- so astute, so keen--- that you can "categorically" determine the age of "timber" by simply watching a YouTube video?

I think I shall forward this to my many, many associates throughout my multi-national syndicate so that, they too, can enjoy a heartfelt and sustained derisive laugh.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:38
    I'm sure many of you have heard the latest. There appears to be yet another claim that Noah'a Ark has been discovered.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100428-noahs-ark-found-in-turkey-science-religion-culture/

Of course, as the article points out this has not been verified by the scientific community. However, if this is a hoax, it is ...[text shortened]... il in the coffin, once and for all, of all those who scoff at the literal nature of scripture.
    Ironically, while the Ark was being built, folks didn't believe in the coming Flood.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Did you read the link i gave you?

[i]"If the world wants to think this is a wonderful discovery, that's fine," Randall Price, an archaeologist who in 2008 was working with the Chinese-led evangelical team, told The Christian Science Monitor. "My problem is that, in the end, proper analysis may show this to be a hoax and negatively reflect how gullible ...[text shortened]... //www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2010/0428/Doubt-cast-on-Noah-s-ark-found-in-Turkey
    Did I say I was 100% that this was not a hoax? No. So how am I gullible? Did I not say that more needs to be investigated?
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Wow. That's funny.

You are posturing as a wood expert--- so astute, so keen--- that you can "categorically" determine the age of "timber" by simply watching a YouTube video?

I think I shall forward this to my many, many associates throughout my multi-national syndicate so that, they too, can enjoy a heartfelt and sustained derisive laugh.
    No posturing here.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Let me ask ypu something avalanche.

Do you think there is such a thing as [b]true propoganda ?

Like this: People INTERESTED in the Holocaust go through pains to preserve information about what happened. They have lists of victims. They know who certain soldiers and guards were. They keep track of where jailors and doctors went after WW2.

The ...[text shortened]... e was totally INSANE !!

I believe it was the former reason for his writing of that letter.[/b]
    You raise a good point. Many don't even believe in the Holcaust, however, I would equate them with those who don't believe that Christ actaully existed. In short, there is enough evidence out there for any sane reasonalbe human being to believe devoid of just taking someones word for it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:50
    No posturing here.
    So what is your area of expertise? Are you an archeologist?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:57
    Did I say I was 100% that this was not a hoax? No. So how am I gullible? Did I not say that more needs to be investigated?
    My apologies, i misrepresented your position.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:57
    So what is your area of expertise? Are you an archeologist?
    Yes that is what I am.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:59
    Yes that is what I am.
    What is your area of expertise in this feild?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 May '10 16:59
    You raise a good point. Many don't even believe in the Holcaust, however, I would equate them with those who don't believe that Christ actaully existed. In short, there is enough evidence out there for any sane reasonalbe human being to believe devoid of just taking someones word for it.
    I don't believe Jesus Christ existed, but i believe it's pretty feasible Jesus of Nazareth existed. Do you equate me with a holocaust denier?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I don't believe Jesus Christ existed, but i believe it's pretty feasible Jesus of Nazareth existed. Do you equate me with a holocaust denier?
    You know what I meant. I think most reasonably honest knowledgable people would conclude that Jesus existed.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:03
    What is your area of expertise in this feild?
    Let's say European prehistory. That's something of a generalisation, but one I feel comfortable with.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:05
    Let's say European prehistory. That's something of a generalisation, but one I feel comfortable with.
    So what would your take on the discovered site? If it is the size and scope that they say it is, and if the wood is predated to be about 4000 years old using carbon dating, what is your take?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree