My God, My God why have you forsaken me.

My God, My God why have you forsaken me.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
straw man and a logical fallacy, no one has claimed that you have deviated from any script. If you are going to assume false values and attempt to build arguments on those false values can you do it in another thread? This thread is about the words of Christ.
On a more pleasant note, my son got married Saturday, my wife is ordained and did the ceremony. What you might get a kick out of, he wore a full on Scottish kilt, the whole regalia, and he has a red beard so he really looked authentic! Our family name is McCart so we are really Irish background but he sure looked Scots with that kilt! We also had a Scots piper and HE was in full regalia also🙂

A good time was had by all! My son, Kevin, had just family there, and his son Caleb, who is 14 now and 6 foot 1 inch already, my height! Kevin is a bit taller at 6'3". I was 6 foot at 13 but didn't get much higher so we will see how Caleb does in the vertical department! He is also in the gifted program at school, already applied to Stanford!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15

Jesus Christ Our Approach Offering

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/jesus-christ-our-approach-offering

rc

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
On a more pleasant note, my son got married Saturday, my wife is ordained and did the ceremony. What you might get a kick out of, he wore a full on Scottish kilt, the whole regalia, and he has a red beard so he really looked authentic! Our family name is McCart so we are really Irish background but he sure looked Scots with that kilt! We also had a Scots p ...[text shortened]... he vertical department! He is also in the gifted program at school, already applied to Stanford!
Really? that's amazing. Aye there is nothing quite like a wee dram, the sound of the fiddle and ones arms about the one you love! 😀

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Oct 15

Really? that's amazing. Aye there is nothing quite like a wee dram, the sound of the fiddle and ones arms about the one you love! 😀
At one of my band's gigs, an Irish pub in LA, california, this dude kept loading me up with Irish coffee🙂 For one thing, I hate coffee and it was no help loading it up with Jameson🙂 I had 7 of the dam things in front of me🙂

rc

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
At one of my band's gigs, an Irish pub in LA, california, this dude kept loading me up with Irish coffee🙂 For one thing, I hate coffee and it was no help loading it up with Jameson🙂 I had 7 of the dam things in front of me🙂
Irish coffee, teehee, people make it here for New Year in one gallon batches (4.5 litre UK), could have been worse, could have been loaded with some Hill Billy hooch! I even heard there was an Irish bar in Tel Aviv, but I never been there 😀

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Oct 15

Irish coffee, teehee, people make it here for New Year in one gallon batches (4.5 litre UK), could have been worse, could have been loaded with some Hill Billy hooch! I even heard there was an Irish bar in Tel Aviv, but I never been there 😀
There is, we lived there for 4 years, well Jerusalem anyway. I think it was called Gilligan's Island🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
3 edits

Too long sonship. Jesus managed to express himself succinctly, please try to follow his example.

Jesus expresses Himself in all 27 books of the New Testament.
Or do you argue that besides the four Gospels we do NOT have the speaking of Christ to His people ?

I have no choice but to believe the paradox of the sinless One was also made sin for us as Jesus speaks to us through His apostle Paul.

I cannot completely explain this.
How about we take the word of God and say "Amen" ?

How about instead of reading and thinking "He did not make Him sin" I simply say "Amen" to -

" Him [Christ] who knew no sin He [God] made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

As for succinctness ? I think you don't mind long windedness as long as it agrees with Jehovah's Witness teaching.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

Too long sonship. Jesus managed to express himself succinctly, please try to follow his example.

Really ?
I hope this is not your example below.
Irish coffee, teehee, people make it here for New Year in one gallon batches (4.5 litre UK), could have been worse, could have been loaded with some Hill Billy hooch! I even heard there was an Irish bar in Tel Aviv, but I never been there

Not too long Robbie. But too irrelevant to anything here really important.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship

Not too long Robbie. But too irrelevant to anything here really important.[/b]
Will you please try to refrain from moralising over me. I am merely replying to some pleasantries expressed. Why you should try to make something of that I have no idea. I expect that if the Son of man himself were he you might chastise him also as someone gluttonous, given to drinking wine and a friend of harlots and tax collectors!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15

Will you please try to refrain from moralising over me. I am merely replying to some pleasantries expressed. Why you should try to make something of that I have no idea. I expect that if the Son of man himself were he you might chastise him also as someone gluttonous, given to drinking wine and a friend of harlots and tax collectors!
I'll think about it if you refrain from evading references by me to theological discussion that goes over 25 words or so.

I mean, I notice how succinct Jesus could be too.
But Matthew does have 28 chapters, John 21, and Luke 24.

Moves
26 Oct 15

I'll think about it if you refrain from evading references by me to theological discussion that goes over 25 words or so.

Among those chapters, is there anything Jesus said that you've never fully understood or that you find confusing/contradictory? (Genuine question).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Among those chapters, is there anything Jesus said that you've never fully understood or that you find confusing/contradictory? (Genuine question).

Yes, There are still some things I do not fully understand.
Yes, there are paradoxical statements that are difficult to reconcile with each other.

And I love it. I know that because of this I am still a work in progress.

FIrst, I come to the word of God for nourishment, sustenance in the deepest spiritual part of my being. I "eat" the word even when I fail to be able to fully explain the word.

Did I answer your question ?

rc

Moves
26 Oct 15

then split your posts up into chapters

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15

then split your posts up into chapters
I split them up into frames.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I always understood as an expression of Christ's humanity. Don't all humans cry out to their God or to justice when experiencing such physical (and unwarranted) torment?
I agree.

The interesting thing is that the Gospel writer was faithful to include this cry of Jesus. A less than honest propagandist could have figured that it gave fuel to their opposition to Christ's self declaration as God's sent Son.