Muslims in Britain

Muslims in Britain

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
08 Aug 06
1 edit

I've just been sent this survey by a Muslim friend of mine. He was quite surprised at the results and I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback here, providing the Islamofascists don't come along and ruin it.
The survey was conducted by Channel 4 as part of the Dispatches program, the background and discussion for which can be found here:

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/D/dispatches2006/muslim_survey/index.html#

Whilst the results of the survey can be found here:

http://www.imaginate.uk.com/MCC01_SURVEY/Site%20Download.pdf

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
08 Aug 06
1 edit

Yeah the answer choices are pretty awful and the questions even worse, especially in the section where they describe people as hardcore Muslim etc.

S

Moves
08 Aug 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Yeah the answer choices are pretty awful and the questions even worse, especially in the section where they describe people as hardcore Muslim etc.
You're lucky I got here too slow to combat your edit.

d

Moves
08 Aug 06

Originally posted by Starrman
You're lucky I got here too slow to combat your edit.
The programme also discussed in the last few pages of

Thread 48170

Where Philodor goes bonkers. Again.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Aug 06

First of all, there's no reference for comparing Muslim opinions to non-Muslim ones.

That said, the views on freedom of speech are a little worrying, especially considering the existence of some sense of paranoia (9/11, Diana, victims of extreme religious persecution).

That a significant part are against terrorism is what was to be expected and I don't really know what they were trying to find out with "representation". The views on women are also what was to be expected, as well.

c

Moves
08 Aug 06

I've just been sent this survey by a Muslim friend of mine. He was quite surprised at the results and I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback here, providing the Islamofascists don't come along and ruin it.
The survey was conducted by Channel 4 as part of the Dispatches program, the background and discussion for which can be found here:

...[text shortened]... the survey can be found here:

Saw the survey report. It only confirms the obvious.
Thr Q'uran says islam is immutable. Hence , muslim-society at large is immutable at the level of basic life-philosophy. Their basic paradigm of supremacy of islam, hate for everything non-islamic, and of everything else only next to islam is not going to change.

PP

Belfast

Moves
08 Aug 06

Originally posted by coolwarrior
Thr Q'uran says islam is immutable. Hence , muslim-society at large is immutable at the level of basic life-philosophy. Their basic paradigm of supremacy of islam, hate for everything non-islamic, and of everything else only next to islam is not going to change.
That could almost be plausible if you knew how to spell Qur'an.

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
09 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by coolwarrior
You really don't have a clue do you....did you even read the results.

Hate for everything non-Islamic....honestly...come on. you can do better than that

Page 13 of the results show that the majority of Muslims in the sample disagree with the idea that Muslims should keep themselves separate from non-Muslims.

R
The Guvnor....!!!!

The Dark Side

Moves
09 Aug 06
1 edit

...[text shortened]... the survey can be found here:

As a Muslim in Britain, a lot of the results do make sense to me (not that I agree with all of them)