Muslim Activist Beheads Wife!

Muslim Activist Beheads Wife!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Feb 09
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
was the man a Muslim? did he behead his wife?
He's been charged with beheading his wife. Not the same as 'he beheaded his wife'. Can you tell the difference? Do you understand why it matters?

Assuming his guilt to conclude 'Islam is a scourge' is thoroughly mendacious.

Journalism consists in reporting facts and making interpretations based on facts; altering a source to suit your point of view is making up stories, at best.

So Dr Scribbles has twisted the reported facts to promote the punchline: 'Islam is a scourge'. He's a fabulous fabulist.

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
He's been charged with beheading his wife. Not the same as 'he beheaded his wife'.
whinge whinge! perhaps the police report and subsequent charge was based on the fact that her leg had fallen off, or that her head simply rolled off - yes its alleged, but the charge is quite specific and must relate to at least some tangible evidence, do you understand the difference?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Feb 09

whinge whinge! perhaps the police report and subsequent charge was based on the fact that her leg had fallen off, or that her head simply rolled off - yes its alleged, but the charge is quite specific and must relate to at least some tangible evidence
Yes, the maxim 'innocent until proven guilty' is merely a whinge.

Dr. Scribbles has set up his own little kangaroo court; you are a very special kangaroo.

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Yes, the maxim 'innocent until proven guilty' is merely a whinge.

Dr. Scribbles has set up his own little kangaroo court; you are a very special kangaroo.
Lol, i do not deny it, boing boing!

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09
2 edits

Although one must question the alleged method of execution! For is it not a particularly Islamic method or at very least an Eastern method. Yes it has been used in the west in past times, however if a dude wants to kill his wife, why behead her? is it not enough to shoot her? Yes he is guilty, boing boing!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Feb 09

Although one must question the alleged method of execution! For is it not a particularly Islamic method or at very least an Eastern method. Yes it has been used in the west in past times, however if a dude wants to kill his wife, why behead her? is it not enough to shoot her?
Roll the cameras, it's CSI ... Perhaps it was the irony-relishing Dr Scribbles seeking to discredit Islam ...

w

Moves
18 Feb 09

I say cut the guy some slack. After all, who here at one time or another did not consider doing to same to their wives?

😛

J

Moves
18 Feb 09

...the most that you can whinge and cry about is that its misrepresentation, nothing more...
What is misrepresenting if not promoting a lie?

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
What is misrepresenting if not promoting a lie?
yes its a very valid point! the difference may be rather more subtle, for example we may wish to take a piece of literature and rearrange it or to put it in a different context from that which it was originally in, in order to put a different perspective upon it or to express our own point of view, can this be construed as lying?

Cape Town

Moves
18 Feb 09

was the man a Muslim?
Apparently.

did he behead his wife?
Quite possibly.

is this not a reprehensible act?
Yes.

should one not call into question the validity of a religious stance which allows such?
Yes one should, but as yet we only have your word for it that that is the case. The article does not say that. DoctorScribbles does not say that. And nobody has provided a single reference to that effect.

So we are left with DoctorScribbles making the following claim:
Muslim man beheads wife therefore Islam is a scourge.

Now how does that differ from:
Mormon man molests Children therefore Mormonism is a scourge.

And SwissGambit provided even more examples yet I don't hear you or DoctorScribbles agreeing with him.

I do not agree nor condone lying, i am a Christian, Christ stood for truth, never uttered a lie, and is my hero because of it!
But you seem quite willing to over look lying if it is in your favor.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Feb 09

yes its a very valid point! the difference may be rather more subtle, for example we may wish to take a piece of literature and rearrange it or to put it in a different context from that which it was originally in, in order to put a different perspective upon it or to express our own point of view, can this be construed as lying?
As I said before, if the edited document is deliberately portrayed as being factual when it is not, then yes, it is lying.

J

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

I don't know. Misrepresenting is by definition the purposeful act of
putting something in a light that won't do it justice, hence the prefix:
"mis". To do that, is promoting a lie, no matter what his intentions.

If he has a point of view he wish to get across, and his view is valid, he
need but present the facts and relax, for things will sort themselves out
from there. Seems to me that when you need to misrepresent in order
to present a coherent argument, you're wrong and need to re-evaluate
your point of view.

But that's just me.

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
I don't know. Misrepresenting is by definition the purposeful act of
putting something in a light that won't do it justice, hence the prefix:
"mis". To do that, is promoting a lie, no matter what his intentions.

If he has a point of view he wish to get across, and his view is valid, he
need but present the facts and relax, for things will sort thems ...[text shortened]... rgument, you're wrong and need to re-evaluate
your point of view.

But that's just me.
perhaps misrepresent was too strong a term, perhaps reinterpret is a more accurate one, for the former certainly, like you say, may be indicative of a nefarious motive, the latter necessary to portray a certain perspective or give a certain colouring or flavouring which in itself may not be.

rc

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Apparently.

[b]did he behead his wife?

Quite possibly.

is this not a reprehensible act?
Yes.

should one not call into question the validity of a religious stance which allows such?
Yes one should, but as yet we only have your word for it that that is the case. The article does not say that. DoctorScribbles does not say that. hero because of it![/b]
But you seem quite willing to over look lying if it is in your favor.[/b]
it does not differ in the slightest, all these acts are reprehensible are they not? Now to the question of the validity of a particular religious stance, for if the religion cannot prevent such or is conducive to the perpetration of such, or condones such, then i state that it is nothing but a form of devotion, an unreality in the mind of initiate with his actions proving its ineptness and emptiness!

If i am a Christian, are not my actions reflective by its very nature of the ethos that i have adopted? Should not one be allowed to challenge this ethos based on my actions?

And while the Docs portrayal in itself does not establish that Islam is a scourge, it is never the less indicative of its practitioners!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/default.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7895485.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7896942.stm

what have they in common?

J

Moves
18 Feb 09
1 edit

it does not differ in the slightest, all these acts are reprehensible are they not? Now to the question of the validity of a particular religious stance, for if the religion cannot prevent such or is conducive to the perpetration of such, or condones such, then i state that it is nothing but a form of devotion, an unreality in the mind of initiate ...[text shortened]... _east/7895485.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7896942.stm

what have they in common?
Cause and effect. I am atheist. I smack down a priest unprovoked.
Therefore all atheists are idiots? I think not. What caused me to smack
down the priest is what you should look at, not my non-religious conviction.
Hence, you cannot proclaim that the religion of Islam made him do this,
unless you can prove to us that it is indeed his religious convictions that
caused him to behead his wife.

Yes?

Could be he's just an idiot.