1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 08:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nor when it passes by without note or substance. 😉
    Perhaps you can tell us about Christ's presence.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 08:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What prediction are you referring to?
    The one that has been discussed at length here several times with you posting numerous times on every occasion. Are you pretending to have forgotten? Again? 😕
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 08:234 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The one that has been discussed at length here several times with you posting numerous times on every occasion. Are you pretending to have forgotten? Again? 😕
    Why don't you tell us what it is. Don't you know? Surely if I have repeated it numerous times, you would know? I am not pretending anything I simply want to know what prediction you are referring to. This is the second time you have been asked. What prediction are you referring to?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:12
    Why don't you tell us what it is. Don't you know? Surely if I have repeated it numerous times, you would know? I am not pretending anything I simply want to know what prediction you are referring to. This is the second time you have been asked. What prediction are you referring to?
    "Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end." Reasoning from the Scriptures p.97, published by Watch Tower Publications, 1989.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:242 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end." Reasoning from the Scriptures p.97, published by Watch Tower Publications, 1989.
    This has been revised ages ago. Possibly in the year 2000.

I am very pleased that Jehovahs Witnesses are probably the only Christian organisation that I know of that constantly revise their teachings.

Now how does Matthew 24:44 have a bearing on this? You have not said. I would also like to point out that its not a prediction, its an interpretation of Biblical prophecy and how it was understood at the time.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:33
    This has been revised ages ago. Possibly in the year 2000.

I am very pleased that Jehovahs Witnesses are probably the only Christian organisation that I know of that constantly revise their teachings.

Now how does Matthew 24:44 have a bearing on this? You have not said. I would also like to point out that its not a prediction, its an interpretation of Biblical prophecy and how it was understood at the time.
    Matthew 24:44 could be interpreted as a caution against making prophecies/predictions. One wonders why an organisation that claims that it alone is directed by God has to "constantly revise their teachings".

What do you think the link is between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation”?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:442 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Matthew 24:44 could be interpreted as a caution against making prophecies/predictions. One wonders why an organisation that claims that it alone is directed by God has to "constantly revise their teachings".

What do you think the link is between "the generation that was alive in 1914" and the “great tribulation”?
    First of all no one has authored any prophecy.

Secondly can you tell us how you interpret Matthew 24:44 to be a cautionary note against making prophecy for personally i think that you are simply drooling again.

Thirdly I do not recall Jehovahs Witnesses ever claiming infallibility or any of Gods servants for that matter, indeed those who were Christ apostles who held similar misconceptions, by your reasoning then they must also be in some way not associated with God or his earthly organisation at the time.

One often finds that such ludicrous reasoning as you have attempted to proffer here finds not a shred of credibility in the entire Biblical cannon, but of course one as deficient in understanding as you in that area would not know that. How anyone could have spent twenty years as an alleged Christian to have come out of it with such scant knowledge of scripture never ceases to amaze me.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:49
    Secondly can can you tell us how you interpret Matthew 24:44 to be a cautionary note against making prophecy for personally i think that you are simply drooling again.
    "...you do not know on what day your Lord is coming" could be interpreted as meaning you do not know when it's going to happen and therefore you ought not to claim that you do know and make a prediction to that effect, although this did not stop the JW organisation from doing so.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    "...you do not know on what day your Lord is coming" could be interpreted as meaning you do not know when it's going to happen and therefore you ought not to claim that you do know and make a prediction to that effect, although this did not stop the JW organisation from doing so.
    Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming - Matthew 24:42

says nothing about and I quote, 'you ought not to claim that you do know and make a prediction to that effect'. Your interpretation is simply more drool and slobbery at that. Do you normally seek to impose an exegesis on scripture where none exists in the actual text?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:52
    Thirdly I do not recall Jehovahs Witnesses ever claiming infallibility or any of Gods servants for that matter, indeed those who were Christ apostles who held similar misconceptions, by your reasoning then they must also be in some way not associated with God or his earthly organisation at the time.
    I am not a member of your religious organisation so I don't know why its members need its leadership to make predictions. Maybe you can explain the worth of the predictions regarding "the generation that was alive in 1914" and their connection to the “great tribulation” stretching back well over 100 years.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:52
    Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming,

says nothing about and I quote, 'you ought not to claim that you do know and make a prediction to that effect'.
    I said it could be interpreted that way.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:54
    Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming,
    What value have the numerous incorrect predictions - and constant revisions of those predictions about "the generation that was alive in 1914" - added to your life as a follower of Christ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:56
    How anyone could have spent twenty years as an alleged Christian to have come out of it with such scant knowledge of scripture never ceases to amaze me.
    I didn't spend any of my time as a Christian - none of it whatsoever - trying to predict the end of the world.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not a member of your religious organisation so I don't know why its members need its leadership to make predictions. Maybe you can explain the worth of the predictions regarding "the generation that was alive in 1914" and their connection to the “great tribulation” stretching back well over 100 years.
    One does not need to be a member of an organisation to understand that the Bible contains prophecy and that this prophecy has been interpreted in various ways.

If you are interested in the teachings of Jevohas witnesses may i suggest that you visit jw.org, there are contact details there and I am sure they will be more than happy to help you.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 09:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I didn't spend any of my time as a Christian - none of it whatsoever - trying to predict the end of the world.
    you don't seem to have spent an iota of it either reading the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree