Miracles

Miracles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper
So, God can do anything *if* the devil allows it?
No...... The Devil can do nothing without God's permission...look at poor Job....

S

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
I apologise...i get a little carried away at times and have a ball with the keyboard...

Maybe you should believe in an Eternal Life to get you off the Stimulants,Loose Women etc,etc...

Seriously... it may give you inner peace to know that you will live on spiritually.....................
I was joking about the loose women etc. I have inner peace when I need it, I don't need the eternal life for any reason. Even if I did, that doesn't mean I should believe it exists.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Starrman
I was joking about the loose women etc. I have inner peace when I need it, I don't need the eternal life for any reason. Even if I did, that doesn't mean I should believe it exists.
I respect your view...

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
05 Apr 07
1 edit

No...... The Devil can do nothing without God's permission...look at poor Job....
But you just claimed that God's ability to "do anything" was *dependant* on the devil's "barriers".

EDIT: Here is your exact quote..."He can if the barrier of hatred placed by the Devil can be penetrated by man"

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

But you just claimed that God's ability to "do anything" was *dependant* on the devil's "barriers".

EDIT: Here is your exact quote..."He can if the barrier of hatred placed by the Devil can be penetrated by man"
But man needs to believe in God for hatred to lose....God and Satan are always fighting...the devil a losing one....

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Apr 07

That sounds to me like man's ability to 'do anything' not God as far
as being 'dependent' on the devil's barriers.
Kelly

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
no...God...

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

Maybe you should believe in an Eternal Life to get you off the Stimulants,Loose Women etc,etc...

Seriously... it may give you inner peace to know that you will live on spiritually.....................
I am neither willing nor capable of believing in something just because this belief would give me some advantage. "Sounds nice, so I'll believe it"? That just doesn't work. (As an aside, I also don't find the idea of eternal life very appealing.)

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
Oh, my bad, i thought it was God doing the fighting against the devil...i guess this is our fight and God is just along for the show, eh?

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
I am neither willing nor capable of believing in something just because this belief would give me some advantage. "Sounds nice, so I'll believe it"? That just doesn't work. (As an aside, I also don't find the idea of eternal life very appealing.)
The offer of salvation is there if you choose to accept it(believe it) is your free will...

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

Oh, my bad, i thought it was God doing the fighting against the devil...i guess this is our fight and God is just along for the show, eh?
Oh its God allright....

Noone answered my earlier thought about this hatred for something they dont understand or believe...why is that....are you scared of the unknown? ?????

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

But man needs to believe in God for hatred to lose....God and Satan are always fighting...the devil a losing one....
So all the killed children are war casualties in the war between God and the Devil? But as God is supposed to be omnipotent, and killing innocent bystanders is usually considered to be something which should be avoided if possible, why does he allow it to happen?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Apr 07

Oh its God allright....

Noone answered my earlier thought about this hatred for something they dont understand or believe...why is that....are you scared of the unknown? ?????
You'd have to ask those who hate. I don't hate those who believe, and of course I don't hate what I don't believe as I don't think it exists. That God of yours doesn't sound like a very lovable creature, though, so maybe I'd hate him if I had enough evidence to believe in his existence.

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

So all the killed children are war casualties in the war between God and the Devil? But as God is supposed to be omnipotent, and killing innocent bystanders is usually considered to be something which should be avoided if possible, why does he allow it to happen?
To bring people together ...to bring help to a dying world...there are casualties in every war..... the Devil is always looking for a way to ruin Gods great plan....

JJ

Moves
05 Apr 07

You'd have to ask those who hate. I don't hate those who believe, and of course I don't hate what I don't believe as I don't think it exists. That God of yours doesn't sound like a very lovable creature, though, so maybe I'd hate him if I had enough evidence to believe in his existence.
He is a very loveable being just vengeful as well....i suppose he is like any parent...if the child does wrong it gets scolded...God is the same