Miracles and Lies

Miracles and Lies

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Of course fables aren't suppposed to be taken literally. Everyone believing that the elephant got its trunk in an crocodile incident is - (how should I phrace it in order not to get insulting toward some people?) - somewhat naïve.

Doesn't matter if you find them in Genesis, or in a children book.
The elephant story does not appear to have a moral to it, just a way of explaining (incorrectly) how the elephant got its trunk. Unless there is supposed to be a moral which I am not aware of. πŸ™‚

Aesop's Fables have morals to them and a completely different reason to writing them.

F

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by lausey
The elephant story does not appear to have a moral to it, just a way of explaining (incorrectly) how the elephant got its trunk. Unless there is supposed to be a moral which I am not aware of. πŸ™‚

Aesop's Fables have morals to them and a completely different reason to writing them.
Perhaps I use the word 'fable' when I should use 'fairytale' instead. Perhaps good stories to tell at the campfire for morals, or just stories for fun.
Some of the biblical stories are for fun, some have a moral finger involved, some try to explain things Some stories are not even understandable in our culture in our time.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
21 Oct 10

Perhaps I use the word 'fable' when I should use 'fairytale' instead. Perhaps good stories to tell at the campfire for morals, or just stories for fun.
Some of the biblical stories are for fun, some have a moral finger involved, some try to explain things Some stories are not even understandable in our culture in our time.
Yes, sounds reasonable to me, and all these stories have been jumbled together in one big mess.

F

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by lausey
Yes, sounds reasonable to me, and all these stories have been jumbled together in one big mess.
Right. And some people read it letter by letter and believe it all as pure facts when it never was intended to be the almighty Truth.

h

Moves
21 Oct 10

no doubt that its a great piece of literature....not my bag but it certainly sells! Someone is a really great marketer

F

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by highdraw
no doubt that its a great piece of literature....not my bag but it certainly sells! Someone is a really great marketer
I wish I had an agent and promoter like that...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Oct 10

I wish I had an agent and promoter like that...
No you dontπŸ™‚

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by 667joe
I am confident you will never arrive at such a day!
I guarantEE that your actions and crude comments shall not, for they will no longer exist.

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

You are lying to yourself. Have you ever seen someone rise from the grave or walk on water, or speak with a burning bush? Again, using your brain, which is more likely........that these things happened or that human beings made these events up? You can deal with facts, or you can live in your imaginary world. You should examine your own religion with the ...[text shortened]... e based on my observation, the laws of nature can not be suspended, but humans lie all the time.
I am EXTREMELY grateful I have been brought up in Christian Science, and have had a many WONDERFUL healing due to my understanding it's teachings, as the teachings Jesus shared with multitudes, and asked those to also heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely ye have received, freely give. Christian Science TEACHES just how to do this, and is why I was UNHARMED after being stabbed 9 times with shearing scissors 7 yrs. ago (pancreas and liver wounded, severed 2 tendons in my left arm, and once stabbed in the back, 7 inches deep, though the back was less inches, and I was out of the hospital 6 days later, NEVER needing any form of medication, EVER.), being hit by a car at 11 yrs. of age, and got right up, picked up my bat and glove (was at a baseball practice), and KNEW I was in my FATHER'S arms (God being my TRUE Father. I never called my dad such, for I RECOGNIZED who my true Father was, and my dad was HIS reflection to be), I was completely unharmed. I also, at 9 yrs. of age had my toe severed off, hanging by a bit of flesh, overlapped on to my foot, from my brother shutting the door on it. It healed with never going to the hospital, 3 weeks later, with not a SMIDGEN of a scar, and it had been severed bone and all. I also was never in any pain.

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
I am EXTREMELY grateful I have been brought up in Christian Science, and have had a many WONDERFUL healing due to my understanding it's teachings, as the teachings Jesus shared with multitudes, and asked those to also heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely ye have received, freely give. Christian Science TEACHES jus ...[text shortened]... h not a SMIDGEN of a scar, and it had been severed bone and all. I also was never in any pain.
God must like me better because I have never been stabbed or in an accident causing such injuries. It seems to me, god could have been nicer to you if he would have prevented the accidents in the first place.

πŸ™‚

t

Moves
22 Oct 10

God must like me better because I have never been stabbed or in an accident causing such injuries. It seems to me, god could have been nicer to you if he would have prevented the accidents in the first place.

πŸ™‚
what an hilArious reply

F

Moves
22 Oct 10

I am EXTREMELY grateful I have been brought up in Christian Science, and have had a many WONDERFUL healing due to my understanding it's teachings, as the teachings Jesus shared with multitudes, and asked those to also heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely ye have received, freely give. Christian Science TEACHES jus ...[text shortened]... h not a SMIDGEN of a scar, and it had been severed bone and all. I also was never in any pain.
In Sweden the weather will be snowy, the winter is coming, and the roads will be icy and slippery.

I would love to see a commersial ad, something like this:

"Holy tires for sale!
Blessed by the bishop for higher friction!
Garanteed to prevent accidents for baptized drivers!"

And this would be possible if Christian Science is possible. It is not possible according to known science. Therefore we can safely laugh at the proposed ad above.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 10

πŸ™‚
There are no accidents.
I like you joe, but c'mon!!
The christian god is not real. "He's " just a metaphor for people that cant get their heads around a better conception of god.
Or are you just plugging away at the christians theists?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Oct 10

How do you know it was "christian science " that saved you?
Christian science. What the hell is that anyway?

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
There are no accidents.
I like you joe, but c'mon!!
The christian god is not real. "He's " just a metaphor for people that cant get their heads around a better conception of god.
Or are you just plugging away at the christians theists?
Of course god is not real. I am just trying to get him to develop some rational thinking skills.