metal fatigue

metal fatigue

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

Notation; a series or system of written symbols used to represent numbers, amounts, or elements in something such as music or mathematics, doesn't have anything to have to do with peoples names.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Notation; a series or system of written symbols used to represent numbers, amounts, or elements in something such as music or mathematics, doesn't have anything to have to do with peoples names.
A written name is a series of written symbols used to represent an entity.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

A name is not just "written symbols it has meaning, like if I called my brother a dork than he might be offended.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09
2 edits

A name is not just "written symbols it has meaning, like if I called my brother a dork than he might be offended.
That's because he translates the series of symbols (or sounds) "dork" into its meaning. He is aware of the system of notation you used to write/say what you meant.

Call someone who doesn't understand English "dork", and he won't be offended.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

Well it's just not that like I could say to him, go to the store and get some milk for me, now if I told a book that nothing would happen.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09
1 edit

Well it's just not that like I could say to him, go to the store and get some milk for me, now if I told a book that nothing would happen.
English, please. Let's keep to that notation.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

No you are avoiding my statements again.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09

No you are avoiding my statements again.
What does telling him to get you milk have anything to do with the issue at hand?

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

I'm saying that you are using notation as a general statement I'm saying that as humans we are different than say books or something like that.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09

I'm saying that you are using notation as a general statement I'm saying that as humans we are different than say books or something like that.
In short: You had no idea of what to say.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

No I'm saying just because a book has notations in it, it's different than humans WHO CAN UNDERSTAND THEM, they can also move of their own free-will.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09

No I'm saying just because a book has notations in it, it's different than humans WHO CAN UNDERSTAND THEM, they can also move of their own free-will.
In short: You had no idea of what to say and decided to ramble.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

You can't even reply to 1 thing I say because you know I'm right but you just refuse to admit it.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 09

You can't even reply to 1 thing I say because you know I'm right but you just refuse to admit it.
Books are different from people, yes. Did I say otherwise? No.

That this is all COMPLETELY irrelevant to discussion about notation doesn't seem to bother you.

d

Moves
06 Jul 09

No it bothers you.