memorial of Christs death

memorial of Christs death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 11
4 edits

(Luke 22:19-20) . . .Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them,
saying: “This means my body which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in
remembrance of me.”  Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal,
he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be
poured out in your behalf.

On Sunday April 17th, after sundown will correspond to the actual evening more than
two thousand years ago when Christ instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his
disciples, If you can find the time, you are warmly invited to attend any Kingdom Hall
near you to observe this sacred ceremony.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
(Luke 22:19-20) . . .Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them,
saying: “This means my body which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in
remembrance of me.”  Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal,
he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be
poured ...[text shortened]... e, you are warmly invited to attend any Kingdom Hall
Or go to a Catholic church where the real one happens.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Apr 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
Real what happens?
Kelly

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Apr 11

lol

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11
1 edit

no transubstantiation or consubstantiation Conrau, you know its true.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 11

no transubstantiation or consubstantiation Conrau, you know its true.
Well, Catholics are not required to believe in transubstantiation and certainly are not permitted to believe in consubstantiation.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
12 Apr 11

poured ...[text shortened]... e, you are warmly invited to attend any Kingdom Hall
will you or anyone you know be partaking? If you're just going to watch bread and wine get passed in a circle with no one recieving the elements, then it is a fruitless waist of time. The "body and blood" were meant to be shared by all who believe, early Christian history substantiates this practice.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11

Well, Catholics are not required to believe in transubstantiation and certainly are not permitted to believe in consubstantiation.
not required, how intwesting, is not transubstantiation a catholic teaching?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Apr 11

On Sunday April 17th, after sundown will correspond to the actual evening more than
two thousand years ago when Christ instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his
disciples
And where did you get this gem from?

And even if it was the exact date, it is no more significant than 2 or three people together at home any day of the week.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11

Originally posted by Doward
will you or anyone you know be partaking? If you're just going to watch bread and wine get passed in a circle with no one recieving the elements, then it is a fruitless waist of time. The "body and blood" were meant to be shared by all who believe, early Christian history substantiates this practice.
I will be attending as an observer, those with a heavenly hope, that is, those who are
party to the covenant arrangement instituted by Christ and who will reside with him in
the heavens, as kings and priests will partake. I have a different hope, that is to be a
subject of that heavenly Kingdom and hope to reside on a paradise earth. I rarely find
attending the Kingdom hall a waste of time, in fact, i learned more in a few years there
than in twenty five as a member of nominal Christianity. After the memorial service
there shall be a special talk, entitled, 'Bible principles - can they help you cope with
today's problems', which is the practical application of said principles and will be
immensely helpful to a Christian.

even when i was not a catholic i snuck into chapel and partook of the sacraments
out of curiosity, it was nothing but a ritual. There was no meaning put into it, no
explanation given as to what the emblems signified, it was absolutely deviod of
anything other than a ritual and that my friend is the greatest irony of all.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
And where did you get this gem from?

And even if it was the exact date, it is no more significant than 2 or three people together at home any day of the week.
Its calculable from the Jewish month of Nisan, under the lunar calendar. It corresponds
to the passover festival of the Jews, the exact day all those years ago when Christ
held the lords evening meal, or last supper as its commonly known as. Its significant
as its an annual celebration (disputed by others on the flimsiest of grounds), the only
one instituted by the Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Apr 11

Its calculable from the Jewish month of Nisan, under the lunar calendar. It corresponds
to the passover festival of the Jews, the exact day all those years ago when Christ
held the lords evening meal, or last supper as its commonly known as. Its significant
as its an annual celebration (disputed by others on the flimsiest of grounds), the only
one instituted by the Christ.
well I've never been one for 'new moons or Sabbaths' and all that rigmarole - it's why I dropped out of the system in the first place. Well that and being pressurised to sign a direct debit to buy the lazy pastor a new car.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11

well I've never been one for 'new moons or Sabbaths' and all that rigmarole - it's why I dropped out of the system in the first place. Well that and being pressurised to sign a direct debit to buy the lazy pastor a new car.
well, its not a festival, its a memorial celebration, instituted by Christ. Early Christians never had a clergy laity distinction.

Is that sort of thing common in churches? No wonder you dropped out.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Apr 11
1 edit

well, its not a festival, its a memorial celebration, instituted by Christ. Early Christians never had a clergy laity distinction.

Is that sort of thing common in churches? No wonder you dropped out.
But you are the one making a big deal of the date! You are turning it into a "festival" by making more of the date than the event. The breaking of bread is significant anywhere any time....

rc

Moves
12 Apr 11
1 edit

But you are the one making a big deal of the date! You are turning it into a "festival" by making more of the date than the event. The breaking of bread is significant anywhere any time....
i did not institute it did I? Christ did, and what is more, he held it on an annual
occasion. Indeed, it was not until after the apostolic fathers died that it was changed
to a weekly celebration. Its not simply breaking bread, Christ stated that it was
symbolic. I do not believe that it should be done anywhere and any time, otherwise
Christ would have said so, in fact, to do so would hardly constitute a memorial, unless
of course you cannot remember day to day what you did yesterday. Also, Paul
counsels against it becoming merely a mundane thing. Yes it is a big deal to us to
remember the significance of Christ sacrifice, its a time for reflection, its not an
ordinary thing, after all, is it?