Mans' Way

Mans' Way

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Nov 09

Cover it with concrete and kill everything in sight.

Moves
20 Nov 09

Originally posted by josephw
Not!

For example, I don't kill what I can own or enslave.🙄

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Nov 09
1 edit

You mean the western, capitalist, godless mans way. Right?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Nov 09

The chief executive of Goldman Sachs Lloyd Blankfein in a recent interview claimed that bankers were doing 'Gods work'.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5A719520091108

You couldn't makes this up.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
21 Nov 09

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he crated them. And God blessed them , and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

Sounds more like God's way to me.

Moves
21 Nov 09

Originally posted by rwingett
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he crated them. And God blessed them , and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

Rec'd

s

England

Moves
23 Nov 09

so far without success

Cape Town

Moves
23 Nov 09

Speak for yourself. Here in Africa, we do it differently.
Johannesburg is the worlds largest man made forest.

Moves
23 Nov 09
1 edit

I don't recall the word "concrete" being in either the old or the new testaments, nor especially being mentoned in the account of creation - you presume too much.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by divegeester
I don't recall the word "concrete" being in either the old or the new testaments, nor especially being mentoned in the account of creation - you presume too much.
That is merely one way that man "subdues the earth" according to his biblical mandate. He is adapting his surroundings to suit himself while imposing his will upon nature. Concrete is implicitly endorsed by Genesis.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

Just think, if Adam hadn't screwed thing up we'd all be walking around naked without a care.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Nov 09

Just think, if Adam hadn't screwed thing up we'd all be walking around naked without a care.
It was a rigged outcome.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

It was a rigged outcome.
You really should quit straddling the fence.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 09

But possibly still on concrete. Or was knowledge of concrete something Adam got from the forbidden fruit? If so, is man better off now or worse off (than Adam)?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
But possibly still on concrete. Or was knowledge of concrete something Adam got from the forbidden fruit? If so, is man better off now or worse off (than Adam)?
According to the story Adam should have lived without fear of death or disease or hunger or threat.

Do you think we're better off now than Adam was then?