1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, hate, its now hateful to uphold the Biblical standards yup, why don't we water it down, accuse others of hatred because they are prepared to tell it like it is rather than watering the text down. Entirely typical and rather predictable.

(2 Timothy 4:3-5) For there will be a period of time when they [b]will not put up with the healthful teachi ...[text shortened]... n all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
    [/b]
    Besides, there's this:
    You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
    Are YOU doing this? Or would you rather exalt hatred and turn this man away?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:274 edits
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I'm getting more interested in Christianity, and giving it much much more credit then i used too. But homophobia in church really bugs me, i hate how in scotland the churches campaign against homosexuality. Its glorified school bullying, pathetic. I've read one of the bits in the bible that says homosexuality is wrong, and the bit two pages later where it t ...[text shortened]... and i never hear any christian complain about it. but picking on gay people seems to be fine.
    Yes, the homophobia exhibited by many "Christians" is nothing more than school bullying and is pathetic. Their beliefs are steeped in hypocrisy.

I'm sure you've figured out that Robbie Carrobie is one of this forums most vocal homophobes and hypocrites.

If you aren't already aware of it, because the Bible is littered with conflicting and contrary teachings, there are many different denominations with widely varying beliefs.

I suggest that you find a denomination or church that supports the following:
    1) gay rights
    2) gay clergy
    3) gay marriage
    4) the belief that homosexuality is not a sin

The following sites may help you in your search:

LGBT-affirming Christian denominations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affirming_Christian_denominations

List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So what??

Really? You had to go there?
    Go where? It's in the OP😕
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:361 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Go where? It's in the OP😕
    Yes, but your whole comment, spread over two posts as it was, was:

Just be thankful you are not in a cult. ...or a gay.

You might as well have said:

WTF? Why, are YOU gay?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Yes, the homophobia exhibited by many "Christians" is nothing more than school bullying that and is pathetic. Their beliefs are steeped in hypocrisy.

I'm sure you've figured out that Robbie Carrobie robbie is one of this forums most vocal homophobes and hypocrites.

If you aren't already aware of it, because the Bible is littered with conflicting an ...[text shortened]... /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality [/quote]
    Please take note that The Episcopal Church is listed in both.

Just don't get me started on the ACNA.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:441 edit
    Yes, but your whole comment, spread over two posts as it was, was:

Just be thankful you are not in a cult. ...or a gay.

You might as well have said:

WTF? Why, are YOU gay?
    Both tongue-in-cheek and pointing at the "cult" threads currently underway and also that it is blatantly obvious from the OP that the poster is gay and trying to rationalise their homosexuality with an apparent interest in Christianity by constructing a context of "bullying" and "homophobia" with which to blame a church which condemns the practice. I thought it amusing.

Edit: just seen your edit...yes, I could have said that but I tried to be more subtle.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:51
    Both tongue-in-cheek and pointing at the "cult" threads currently underway and also that it is blatantly obvious from the OP that the poster is gay and trying to rationalise their homosexuality with an apparent interest in Christianity by constructing a context of "bullying" and "homophobia" with which to blame a church which condemns the practice. I th ...[text shortened]...

Edit: just seen your edit...yes, I could have said that but I tried to be more subtle.
    It is a subject many are sensitive to.

I know there is a market for "cutting-edge" humor about such topics, but it is a thin line, much like Tarentino getting away with including multiple references to "the N-word" in his movies.

BTW, people who happen to be homosexual are as entitled to seek out God as anybody.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:051 edit
    Please take note that The Episcopal Church is listed in both.

Just don't get me started on the ACNA.
    Do you know if the Episcopal Church considers homosexuality to be a sin? I wasn't able to find a definitive answer.

BTW, did you see "Love Free or Die"? It was on PBS a little while back.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:10
    Both tongue-in-cheek and pointing at the "cult" threads currently underway and also that it is blatantly obvious from the OP that the poster is gay and trying to rationalise their homosexuality with an apparent interest in Christianity by constructing a context of "bullying" and "homophobia" with which to blame a church which condemns the practice. I th ...[text shortened]...

The "context of 'bullying' and 'homophobia'" didn't need to be "constructed" since it clearly exists within Christianity. Seems like only a homophobe would find it "amusing".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:152 edits
    I know there is a market for "cutting-edge" humor about such topics, but it is a thin line, much like Tarentino getting away with including multiple references to "the N-word" in his movies.
    Are you saying that me writing "just the thankful you are not in a cult...or gay" is equivalent to using the "N" word?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:15
    BTW, people who happen to be homosexual are as entitled to seek out God as anybody.
    Any one can seek out god of course, but that has nothing to with homosexuality being condemned in both the old and new testaments which is why large segments of Christendom also do.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:20
    Are you saying that me writing "just the thankful you are not in a cult...or gay" is equivalent to using the "N" word?
    Just how do you think your saying "Just be thankful you are...not gay" should be taken? Can it be taken as other than a homophobic comment?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:281 edit
    Any one can seek out god of course, but that has nothing to with homosexuality being condemned in both the old and new testaments which is why large segments of Christendom also do.
    Those "large segments of Christendom" who do not similarly condemn the wearing of garments made of more than one type of fiber or the eating of shellfish, who do not believe that women should be silent in the church, etc. show themselves to be the hypocrites that they are.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:29
    Gay exists throughout the animal kingdom. There is nothing unnatural about it.

I had a boss man who kept grabbing my ass. I tried to get offended, but failed. Its kinda nice, knowing your butt is grabable.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:31
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Just how do you think your saying "Just be thankful you are...not gay" should be taken? Can it be taken as other than a homophobic comment?
    No, I guess not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree