Less than 2 minutes

Less than 2 minutes

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Feb 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, because a supernatural intelligent designer with a mind is needed to create, organize, and program the molecules for the correct functions. 😏
Is an intelligent designer needed to create a new child?

Moves
17 Feb 15

I attribute it to evolution because other people have and becasue spontaneous generation was used to support the beginnings for the evolution theory back in those days. 😏
I know you know this by now, but just in case, I'll write it again: Evolutionary theory rests on its own evidence, regardless of how life started in the first place. So you pointing out that we don't yet know exactly how life started does absolutely nothing, nada, to discredit evolutionary theory.

Also, spontaneous generation is incompatible with the theory of evolution, and you'd know that, had you actually taken the time to read about the two. If spontaneous generation is true, then evolution cannot be true. Evolution can only be true if new life comes from existing life, and if it's possible that the new life can be only slightly different from previous life. So, the fact that spontaneous generation never seem to occur in nature, is good for the theory of evolution.

Only someone who believes god wasn't done poofing things into existence after genesis could believe such nonsense as spontaneous generation. In fact, that was the explanation for spontaneous generation: that god left something behind that allowed worms and such to poof into existence whenever the conditions were right.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Feb 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Yes of course. This has been proven by the discovery of the program in the DNA molecule. There is no reproduction of children if that program created by the Intelligent Designer is not there in the DNA. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Feb 15

I know you know this by now, but just in case, I'll write it again: Evolutionary theory rests on its own evidence, regardless of how life started in the first place. So you pointing out that we don't yet know exactly how life started does absolutely nothing, nada, to discredit evolutionary theory.

Also, spontaneous generation is incompatible with the theor ...[text shortened]... ng behind that allowed worms and such to poof into existence whenever the conditions were right.
Nonsense.

Moves
17 Feb 15

Yes of course. This has been proven by the discovery of the program in the DNA molecule. There is no reproduction of children if that program created by the Intelligent Designer is not there in the DNA. 😏
I didn't ask you if you believe that DNA is some elaborate program that couldn't have come about through purely natural processes, we all know you do. I asked you if it takes intelligence to make a child.

Moves
17 Feb 15

Nonsense.
Evolution being independent of abiogenesis?
Spontaneous generation being incompatible with evolution?
Spontaneous generation being explained using genesis?

Which one is nonsense to you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 15

I didn't ask you if you believe that DNA is some elaborate program that couldn't have come about through purely natural processes, we all know you do. I asked you if it takes intelligence to make a child.
Read my first sentence.

Moves
18 Feb 15

Read my first sentence.
Okay, let me rephrase then. When you and your wife had done the deed (assuming you have - a wife, and done the deed), were any intelligent input required for the single-celled, fertilized egg to turn into the trillion-celled infant your wife gave birth to nine months later?

I'm not asking whether or not you think DNA bears the mark of intelligent creation, but wether or not further intelligent input is required after the egg goes zygote on you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Feb 15

Okay, let me rephrase then. When you and your wife had done the deed (assuming you have - a wife, and done the deed), were any intelligent input required for the single-celled, fertilized egg to turn into the trillion-celled infant your wife gave birth to nine months later?

I'm not asking whether or not you think DNA bears the mark of intelligent creation, but wether or not further intelligent input is required after the egg goes zygote on you.
Your question is not very clear, but I believe the answer is probably yes.

Moves
19 Feb 15

Your question is not very clear, but I believe the answer is probably yes.
My question is simple, but I may have asked it somewhat unclearly. Is there a need for your god to intervene in the process of a developing embryo, or are all instructions needed to produce a new baby from just the zygote found in the DNA? If god intervenes I'd like to see evidence for that. If not, then clearly molecules can organise themselves to form more complex life from simpler life, using nothing but natural processes. Our point of contention therefore, is only that you think DNA must have been put together by an intelligent mind, whereas I see DNA as a gradually developing, natural molecule. Would you agree with that much, however dumb you think I am for holding this view?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 15

Once the process was put in place *created* other requirements are needed.

Moves
19 Feb 15

His wife's, maybe...

Moves
19 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Once the process was put in place *created* other requirements are needed.
Of course, the zygote in question needs nutrition from the mother to develop, but is any intelligent input required? That is, must your god step in and direct the cells to start forming a heart, and then a liver and so on, or will these cells form without outside intervention, so long as the DNA is good and nothing accidental happens?

Cape Town

Moves
19 Feb 15

I notice that despite the video in the OP being shot to pieces, Kelly doesn't have the honestly to admit that its argument is not valid.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 15
2 edits

My question is simple, but I may have asked it somewhat unclearly. Is there a need for your god to intervene in the process of a developing embryo, or are all instructions needed to produce a new baby from just the zygote found in the DNA? If god intervenes I'd like to see evidence for that. If not, then clearly molecules can organise themselves to form more ...[text shortened]... ral molecule. Would you agree with that much, however dumb you think I am for holding this view?
This is beyond the ability for humans to know at the present without special revelation. However, that still does not mean molecules can organize themselves, because there is still a need for the instructions provided by the Intelligent Designer. Also there is the need for the Intelligent Designer to create the molecules in the first place with the unique characteristics that allows them to combine under the laws that are also made by an intelligent designer or the Creator God.