1. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 11:14
    Given that several posters have alleged that I am anti-Christian and that fundamentalist Moslems would not be treated in the same way that I treat fundamentalist Christians, I pose the following question to our Moslem Brothers and Sisters.

The Koran tells us that Allah is merciful (eg 2:143 "For Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful toward Mankind"😉 and yet in 22: The Pilgrimage we are told the following about disbelievers (like myself):

19 These twain (the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,
    Disbelievers will wear garments of fire, boiling fluid will be poured on their heads, their bellies and skin will be melted, they will be tormented with iron hooks, and when they try to escape they will be driven back with the taunt: Taste the doom of burning.

20 Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted;

21 And for them are hooked rods of iron.

22 Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Given that several posters have alleged that I am anti-Christian and that fundamentalist Moslems would not be treated in the same way that I treat fundamentalist Christians, I pose the following question to our Moslem Brothers and Siste ...[text shortened]... ack therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.
    you have only read a small portion, of what they are commanded to do, to all unbelievers. They really will not respond or debate with you, in the way you want.
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 11:51
    Quite right. This is one of the rare moments that I agree with you. 🙂

The Koran is full of nasty things that are done to unbelievers (and Christians and Jews and anyone else who is unwilling to follow Allah). I just thought I would kick off the discussion. Do we have any fundamentalist Moslems here who wish to answer my question?
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 12:09
    Given that several posters have alleged that I am anti-Christian and that fundamentalist Moslems would not be treated in the same way that I treat fundamentalist Christians, I pose the following question to our Moslem Brothers and Sisters.

The Koran tells us that Allah is merciful (eg 2:143 "For Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful toward Mankind"😉 and y ...[text shortened]... from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.
    Allah is merciful: Just imagine what He might do to you if he wasn't!
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 14:50
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Allah is merciful: Just imagine what He might do to you if he wasn't!
    Ever wonder why the world panders to them. Knowing full well,that they are hated to the death , by those of that faith.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 15:27
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Ever wonder why the world panders to them. Knowing full well,that they are hated to the death , by those of that faith.
    Ahhhh the power of generalization. Did you ever think that maybe not all followers of the Koran are literalists? There are plenty of very peaceful Muslims who do not "hate other people to the death." I know quite a few. These are the people that we want to "pander" to, if by "pander" you mean "protect from other people who confuse them for Islamic terrorists and wish them harm."

That said the only reasons that I attack the Koran less than the Bible are that I know less about the Koran, and I'm not surrounded by a buttload of intolerant Muslims trying to control my country. If a bunch of American Muslims were trying to shackle our free republic with their narrow religious doctrine, then you better believe I would fight them tooth and nail.

7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 15:38
    Originally posted by telerion
    Ahhhh the power of generalization. Did you ever think that maybe not all followers of the Koran are literalists? There are plenty of very peaceful Muslims who do not "hate other people to the death." I know quite a few. These are the people that we want to "pander" to, if by "pander" you mean "protect from other people who confuse them for Islami ...[text shortened]... heir narrow religious doctrine, then you better believe I would fight them tooth and nail.

Next time you start your car, remember that. There are many peaceful believers of that faith true. Why? Their god is not a peaceful god.What grace does their god offer. If one of their believers try to change to another faith, how peace are their co-worshippers. Ask one of them Why Mohammed never did a single miracle?
  8. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 02:48
    Next time you start your car, remember that. There are many peaceful believers of that faith true. Why? Their god is not a peaceful god.What grace does their god offer. If one of their believers try to change to another faith, how peace are their co-worshippers. Ask one of them Why Mohammed never did a single miracle?
    Get off! So your god is peaceful. Claptrap. Cobblers and Garbage. Haven't you read the peaceful old testament?

Why did Mohammed not perform miracles? Because he 'only' claimed to be a prophet and not the son of god.

9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 13:28
    Get off! So your god is peaceful. Claptrap. Cobblers and Garbage. Haven't you read the peaceful old testament?

Why did Mohammed not perform miracles? Because he 'only' claimed to be a prophet and not the son of god.

Why did Allah not give Mohammed the Holy Spirit? Why is Mohammed body still in its tomb? Sure there is a lot of violence in the Old Testament, for good reason. The New Testament brings peace to all who accept CHRIST. Why does the Koran preach that you must kill all those that do not believe in Allah? Why is there more violence in the whole of the Koran than in all of The Old testament?
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 14:54
    Why did Allah not give Mohammed the Holy Spirit?

This is a pertinent as asking why Mohammed wasn't washed in the blood of Jesus.

Sure there is a lot of violence in the Old Testament, for good reason.

Could it be! You have an answer for the apparent senseless and sadistic behavior of Jehovah in the OT?

The New Testament brings peace to all who accept CHRIST.

Nope. You don't.

Why does the Koran preach that you must kill all those that do not believe in Allah?

You mean like it does in the OT?

"If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,
    Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
    Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;
    Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
    " Deut. 13:12

Why is there more violence in the whole of the Koran than in all of The Old testament?

I think it's neck and neck.
  11. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 16:55
    I am no expert in any religion but my understanding is that Mohammed was supposed to be a normal man who received the word of Allah in order to tell his people. Much is made, by Muslims, of this idea that Mohammed was not a prophet as such. I don't think it matters to them much if he performed any miracles or not.

I suspect that the relative violence of one religion over another mostly comes down to one of time. Islam is a very young religion and like Christianity behaves as such. It is a shame that Islam has evolved at a time when the ability of man to kill people is much greater than it was when Christianity was young.
  12. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 02:45
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]Why did Allah not give Mohammed the Holy Spirit?

This is a pertinent as asking why Mohammed wasn't washed in the blood of Jesus.

Sure there is a lot of violence in the Old Testament, for good reason.

Could it be! You have an answer for the apparent senseless and sadistic behavior of Jehovah in the OT?

The New Testament bring ...[text shortened]... in the whole of the Koran than in all of The Old testament?

I think it's neck and neck. [/b]
    The Old Testament is basicly the story of the childern.How they were to handle the life that GOD had chosen for them. If they would have followed instructions that they were given all that so called violence, would have been unnessary. GOD is not a GOD to want his people to worship other gods and why should he?
  13. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 09:38
    The Old Testament is basicly the story of the childern.

I assume that Childern are an Israelite tribe?
  14. NY
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 09:46
    gee.. and i wonder why im not a muslem or a christian.. to much "burning" "pointy objects" "damnation" "and seething liquid"..lol.. i like that word.. seeth... seeeething!!! SEETH.. sorry.. getn side tracked.. carry on...
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 15:18
    Why is there more violence in the whole of the Koran than in all of The Old testament?
    Have you read both cover-to-cover?

I doubt it. As far as I can tell from your statements, you play hopscotch with the Bible, reading verses, rather than books. Your knowledge of the Qur'an is next to nil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree