JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

Perhaps one should look outside the emotional box of this issue and see the big picture even if not just from a Biblical view.

http://www.mybloodsite.com/content/are-deaths-blood-transfusion-common

Maryland

Moves
01 Dec 11

In medicine you play off risk vs benefit. If there is a 100% chance of death with no transfusion and only a .1% risk of infection from a transfusion, unless you are a JW, you elect the transfusion. If you are a JW, you die and you either go to heaven , hell, or, if we atheists are correct, into oblivion.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/287219

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by 667joe
In medicine you play off risk vs benefit. If there is a 100% chance of death with no transfusion and only a .1% risk of infection from a transfusion, unless you are a JW, you elect the transfusion. If you are a JW, you die and you either go to heaven , hell, or, if we atheists are correct, into oblivion.
"Well unless I'm wrong we usually eat food to keep us alive and the actual eating of blood does happen is a few societies to sustain life or to improve life in their view.
If you were about to die of starvation and had no food at all except for a nice warm bowl of blood, what would you do to keep you alive? If your child was about to die, would you hand that bowl of blood to them?"

Perhaps you missed this and the question at the end for you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Perhaps one should look outside the emotional box of this issue and see the big picture even if not just from a Biblical view.

http://www.mybloodsite.com/content/are-deaths-blood-transfusion-common
Your link does not answer anything. It just raises questions. There are
risks of death in many things that we do in life. It is ridiculous to band
everything that may cause death. The medical community say the
benefits outweight the risks when it comes to blood transfusions that
are necessary to save a life. Of course, blood transfusions should not
be given in every case there is loss of blood, but God has provided
doctors in our time that are trained to make that decision, instead of
religious leaders.

rc

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Of course you don't want to turn it around, that's because your argument would then fall flat on it's arse.

Of course you have the right to (a watered down version of) self determination, i have never claimed you haven't. Your talking to someone who supports euthanasia. You don't.

The fact still remains, something which happened 30+ years ago is not indicative of standards and procedures we have here and now in the 21st Century.
wanna join my clan?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

"Well unless I'm wrong we usually eat food to keep us alive and the actual eating of blood does happen is a few societies to sustain life or to improve life in their view.
If you were about to die of starvation and had no food at all except for a nice warm bowl of blood, what would you do to keep you alive? If your child was about to die, would you han ...[text shortened]... that bowl of blood to them?"

Perhaps you missed this and the question at the end for you?
You can get food posioning that will kill you just as dead, too.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Your link does not answer anything. It just raises questions. There are
risks of death in many things that we do in life. It is ridiculous to band
everything that may cause death. The medical community say the
benefits outweight the risks when it comes to blood transfusions that
are necessary to save a life. Of course, blood transfusions should not ...[text shortened]... ided
doctors in our time that are trained to make that decision, instead of
religious leaders.
YOUR bible say to ABSTAIN from blood. If you decide not to follow that command it is you that will have to answer to God and explain your thoughts on this isuue and tell him why he's wrong. Can you handle that when it comes up? You better make sure you have alll your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wanna join my clan?
One clan is enough for me at the moment thanks. Besides, i joined the gambit fantasy club and have a kings gambit tournament starting soon.

rc

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
One clan is enough for me at the moment thanks. Besides, i joined the gambit fantasy club and have a kings gambit tournament starting soon.
sure thing dude, when your ready, I was going to ask RJH, but he already probably in a clan, the Klu Klux! 😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

YOUR bible say to ABSTAIN from blood. If you decide not to follow that command it is you that will have to answer to God and explain your thoughts on this isuue and tell him why he's wrong. Can you handle that when it comes up? You better make sure you have alll your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the one that is wrong, not God. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sure thing dude, when your ready, I was going to ask RJH, but he already probably in a clan, the Klu Klux! 😛
You are a funny dude. Misguided, but funny. 😀

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

You are the one that is wrong, not God. 😏
What do you not understand about ABSTAIN? Let me help you here a little.

Verb 1. abstain - refrain from voting
refrain, forbear - resist doing something; "He refrained from hitting him back"; "she could not forbear weeping"
2. abstain - choose not to consume; "I abstain from alcohol"
desist, refrain
fast - abstain from eating; "Before the medical exam, you must fast"
fast - abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons; "Catholics sometimes fast during Lent"
keep off, avoid - refrain from certain foods or beverages; "I keep off drugs"; "During Ramadan, Muslims avoid tobacco during the day"
teetotal - practice teetotalism and abstain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages
ingest, consume, have, take in, take - serve oneself to, or consume regularly; "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"

Synonyms
1. forbear; desist, cease

Verbabstain (third-person singular simple present abstains, present participle abstaining, simple past and past participle abstained)

1.(intransitive) Refrain from (something); hold one's self aloof; to forbear or keep from doing, especially an indulgence of the passions or appetites; -- with from.
2.(intransitive) To shun voluntarily.
Not a few abstained from voting. - Thomas Babington Macaulay
Who abstains from meat that is not gaunt? - Shakespeare, Richard II, II-i
3.(intransitive) Deliberately refrain from casting one's vote at a meeting where one is present.
4.(transitive) Hinder; withhold.
Whether he abstain men from marrying. - John Milton

[edit] Synonymsdeny oneself
forbear
forgo
give up
refrain
relinquish
withhold

Do you need more? I bet you will so let me know and I'll post more for you...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Dec 11

You can get food posioning that will kill you just as dead, too.
Geeez such common sense you have on this. Uh God did not tell us not to abstain from food did he? What did he tell us to ABSTAIN from???????????????

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Dec 11

What do you not understand about ABSTAIN? Let me help you here a little.

Verb 1. abstain - refrain from voting
refrain, forbear - resist doing something; "He refrained from hitting him back"; "she could not forbear weeping"
2. abstain - choose not to consume; "I abstain from alcohol"
desist, refrain
fast - abstain from eating; "Before the me ...[text shortened]... you need more? I bet you will so let me know and I'll post more for you...
We are made of blood. So you must read this in the context that
James used. That was conversion from paganism to Christianity.
Christians do not sacrifice animals for atonement so there is no
need for the shedding of blood which Christ has done once and for
all time for the atonement for all our sins. These Pagan rituals of
sexual acts, animal sacrifice, and ritual use of blood to appease
an idol is useless and prohibited because to continue these
practices would indicate a lack of true conversion to faith in the
saving grace of Christ.