23 Sep '12 12:42
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Tyranny? Get some perspective. 🙄
    like understanding there are many levels
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think trying to dismiss criticism as "hate" is something that works, though you often resort to it. It demonstrates a basically authoritarian instinct when you do so, or it demonstrates that you and your thinking are locked into an authoritarian mental environment. To characterize those who criticize your organization for coherent reasons backed by exper s" is a kind of victim-hood that rather undermines your claim to be a 'free moral agent'.
    as i stated, haters are gonna hate, your understanding of the term and its application are not mine, its the height of arrogance to suggest that they are, please try to refrain from projecting your own angle as if they are someone else's or at very least try to determine what the other persons understanding is, prior to launching into your usual tirades.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    as i stated, haters are gonna hate.
    Yes, robbie, but I'd say it's an "argument" that makes you seem weak and insecure. If the criticisms are not valid in some way, why dodge them by playing the 'victim card'?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, robbie, but I'd say it's an "argument" that makes you seem weak and insecure. If the criticisms are not valid in some way, why dodge them by playing the 'victim card'?
    please see the edited text.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 12:56
    please see the edited text.
    The 'edited text' just makes what you're saying sound even less convincing. Trying to dismiss critics as "haters" is one of the weakest ad hominems out there.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:054 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The 'edited text' just makes what you're saying sound even less convincing. Trying to dismiss critics as "haters" is one of the weakest ad hominems out there.
    Everything has a perspective, a way of looking at things, i have not dismissed their criticisms, i have not invalidated their claims on the basis of hate, that was not my intention, but because you have not taken the time to understand what my intent was, because you deal in assumption as is self evident from your text you thought that it was, if you think that its weak or anything else , that's because its your understanding, its not mine. I dare say you might do better if you try to address your cynicism and inability to be unassuming, until then, all your posts will ever amount to is our own perspective and are irrelevant to anyone else. I repeat irrelevant, meaningless to anyone but you etc etc
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:23
    Everything has a perspective, a way of looking at things, i have not dismissed their criticisms, i have not invalidated their claims on the basis of hate, that was not my intention, but because you have not taken the time to understand what my intent was, because you deal in assumption as is self evident from your text you thought that it was, if you ...[text shortened]... and are irrelevant to anyone else. I repeat irrelevant, meaningless to anyone but you etc etc
    Your "intent" is evident from what you posted.

menace71 posted this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses and commented "All very valid points".

And your response was "Haters gonna hate".

It's one of the weakest responses you could possibly come up with.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:333 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your "intent" is evident from what you posted.

menace71 posted this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses and commented "All very valid points".

And your response was "Haters gonna hate".

It's one of the weakest responses you could possibly come up with.
    no the only meaning it has is what you have given it, because that's what you deal in assumptions. This is not the first time FMF hat you have been caught doing so, whether they are valid points or not is not my issue, my concern was and is that any criticism must be unbiased and objective and this will be evident in the appraisal, if it is not, then the criticism is biased and may have some other motive validating my assertion, that irrespective of haters or anyone else people often make their minds up regardless. Can you point out any single positive aspect that your link cites, if not, it is a biased appraisal, negative and lacking objectivity, for not all criticism need be so, indeed, it should ultimately be constructive. I publicly challenge you to provide a single positive reference from your link or stop taking peoples comments at face value and try to find out what it is they are actually saying. It may make you a less tedious forum contributor.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:36
    no the only meaning it has is what you have given it, because that's what you deal in assumptions. This is not the first time FMF hat you have been caught doing so, whether they are valid points or not is not my issue, my concern was and is that any criticism must be unbiased and objective and this will be evident in the appraisal, if it is not, then ...[text shortened]... isal, negative and lacking objectivity, i challenge you to provide a single positive reference.
    "Haters gonna hate" is a weak, weak ad hominem, robbie, that smacks of insecurity and victim-card-play. Just saying. Others may disagree with me. I don't expect you to.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:38
    Can you point out any single positive aspect that your link cites, if not, it is a biased appraisal, negative and lacking objectivity, for not all criticism need be so, indeed, it should ultimately be constructive.
    Which criticisms at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses do you consider to be "constructive"?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Haters gonna hate" is a weak, weak ad hominem, robbie, that smacks of insecurity and victim-card-play. Just saying. Others may disagree with me. I don't expect you to.
    a single positive reference or troll somewhere else. Do you generally dismiss the entire content of a post because you have been caught passing off assumptions? and here you are talking of weakness, rich.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which criticisms at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses do you consider to be "constructive"?
    you said they are all valid, produce a single positive appraisal or admit that they are biased.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:43
    you said they are all valid, produce a single positive appraisal or admit that they are biased.
    There's plenty of positive material at wikipedia about the Jehovah's Witnesses, as both you and I know. The section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses, posted by menace71, which you dismissed as "haters gonna hate", are criticisms of your organisation. Do you consider any of them to be "constructive"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:45
    menace71 commented that they are "All very valid points". Which ones do you think are not valid?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    menace71 commented that they are "All very valid points". Which ones do you think are not valid?
    excuse me i have better things to do than read this drivel and remember FMF assumers are gonna assume.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree