Jesus wants some people damned

Jesus wants some people damned

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @eladar
Romans 9
Are you a hyper-Calvinist?

Why would the Bible say "...do not harden your heart" if we had no choice?

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Are you a hyper-Calvinist?
No but does Romans 9 talk about God's choice not ours?

Moves
15 Aug 17

No but does Romans 9 talk about God's choice not ours?
Do you think Romans 9 should be interpreted independently of all other scripture?

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

Do you think Romans 9 should be interpreted independently of all other scripture?
What scripture is in conflict?

Moves
15 Aug 17

What scripture is in conflict?
No scripture is in conflict with Romans 9 but rather with your interpretation of it that we have no choice. Did you just blank out the all the scriptures that indicate that we do have a choice? Also if you take away free will, how do you explain the existence of evil?

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

No scripture is in conflict with Romans 9 but rather with your interpretation of it that we have no choice. Did you just blank out the all the scriptures that indicate that we do have a choice? Also if you take away free will, how do you explain the existence of evil?
Pleasr quote the scriptures you think conflict with what I am saying.

Moves
15 Aug 17

Pleasr quote the scriptures you think conflict with what I am saying.
First quote the exact words from Romans 9 that you think mean none of us have a choice.

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

First quote the exact words from Romans 9 that you think mean none of us have a choice.
I never said that. I said some of us have no choice and it is possible no one has a choice.

Read the entire chapter.

Moves
15 Aug 17
1 edit

I never said that. I said some of us have no choice and it is possible no one has a choice.

Read the entire chapter.
Some of us have no choice to do what? Obey God? Harden our hearts?

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

Some of us have no choice to do what? Obey God? Harden our hearts?
You'd call it free will. Some of us are predestined for hell others for eternal life.

Moves
15 Aug 17
2 edits

You'd call it free will. Some of us are predestined for hell others for eternal life.
1. To be clear, by 'predestined for hell' do you mean to say that some were damned to hell before they were born and could do nothing about their own fate?

2. Would you consider the possibility that you were 'predestined for hell?'

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

1. To be clear, by 'predestined for hell' do you mean to say that some were damned to hell before they were born and could do nothing about their own fate?

2. Would you consider the possibility that you were 'predestined for hell?'
Yes and yes all to the glory of God.

Moves
15 Aug 17
4 edits

Yes and yes all to the glory of God.
So let's be clear about your religion here...

You believe that hell is a literally (as described in the bible"s book Revelation of Jesus Christ) real place, a place created by God for the eternal torture of unbelievers through being burnt alive.

You also believe that this same God created a large amount of people whom he predestined to be in this place for eternity, with no chance to escape and no hope of salvation or reprieve.

...and you're OK with this?

E

Moves
15 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
So let's be clear about your religion here...

You believe that hell is a literally (as described in revelation) real place, a place created by God for the eternal torture of unbelievers through being burnt alive.

You also believe that this same God created a large amount of people whom he predestined to be in this place for eternity.

And you're OK with this?
Who are we to judge?

I am saying how many are predestined but some. That is beyond question. My question is stiol unanswered. What scripture is there for free will?

Moves
15 Aug 17

Who are we to judge?

I am saying how many are predestined but some. That is beyond question. My question is stiol unanswered. What scripture is there for free will?
I'm not asking you to judge, why are you talking about judging.

I'm asking if you are ok with it?