Jesus & Anger Management

Jesus & Anger Management

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BL
LBL

Moves
18 Jul 07

Does JC offer any advice on Anger Management?

Illinois

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Black Lung
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Matt. 11:28-29).

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Black Lung
Off the top of my head, I can't recall much about JC and anger management that's positive. The guy curses a fig tree for not having fruit out of season, he gets pissed at the disciples when they fear for their life in a storm while boating, and he tells them to shake the dust off their feet in condemnation of those towns where his disciples are not received well.

Proverbs 19 advises the reader/listener to let the rage-prone go ahead and screw themselves over, because they'll do it eventually anyway, regardless of how much you try to help them.

If you want to make that JC-specific, I suppose that the whole scene where Jesus gets mad and overturns moneychanging tables in the Temple is an object lesson. Pissing off the devotees of the temple cult didn't work out so well for him.

Illinois

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
Off the top of my head, I can't recall much about JC and anger management that's positive. The guy curses a fig tree for not having fruit out of season, he gets pissed at the disciples when they fear for their life in a storm while boating, and he tells them to shake the dust off their feet in condemnation of those towns where his disciples are not receiv ...[text shortened]... object lesson. Pissing off the devotees of the temple cult didn't work out so well for him.
I suppose that the whole scene where Jesus gets mad and overturns moneychanging tables in the Temple is an object lesson. Pissing off the devotees of the temple cult didn't work out so well for him.

What does a guy have to do to get crucified around here! 🙂

Didn't work out well for Jesus, no. For those who believe in him, yes.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by epiphinehas
What does a guy have to do to get crucified around here!
LOL! Sounds like Mel Brooks movie quote.