Jesus - the madman?

Jesus - the madman?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 Dec 14

Christians, is this for real? Don't make me go read the bible, just tell me why this isn't for real. Do you disobey Jesus, and was Jesus really this mad?

Why does every intelligent Christian disobey Jesus:

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by C Hess
The words of the Bible, taken prayerfully, nourish something very deep in my being.

Jeremiah 15:16 - Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart:

What will your philosophy do for me ?

I mean if I stop my reading the Bible and pick up your philosophy instead, what benefit will it hold for me ?

Will it produce as much joy in my heart ?

Will it answer the real hard questions of my existence here ?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
What will your philosophy do for me ?
I find it interesting how often you make this challenge - even when a philosophy isn't being offered. You clearly have no interest in the truth and only care about what is in it for you, or what will keep you happy in your delusions.
I highly recommend Scientology. It is tailor made for people like you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I find it interesting how often you make this challenge - even when a philosophy isn't being offered. You clearly have no interest in the truth and only care about what is in it for you, or what will keep you happy in your delusions.
twhitehead, so early in the discussion? You usually wait for several posts before chiming in. You know , seeing how the water feels ?

Couldn't resist this time, an early entrance?

C. Hess is tough.
Watch him tell me about the superiority of atheism to theism for answering life's deepest questions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
1 edit

Christians, is this for real? Don't make me go read the bible, just tell me why this isn't for real. Do you disobey Jesus, and was Jesus really this mad?

Why does every intelligent Christian disobey Jesus: http://youtu.be/x-slAgzJmdU
Children growing must obey their parents. In 18 years of being under their parents there should be no instances of disobedience. It should be perfect obedience from the moment they are born.

They must not be the children of their parents if there are instances of disobedience. Right? Of course.

And it follows that of Jesus was real every single disciple from the instant they were followers of Jesus would have no occurrence of immaturity, disobedience, short coming.

Right?

So why does the intelligent human child have to GROW ?
So why does an intelligent Christian also have to grow ?

She has to grow in both cases because it is a matter of life.
We Christians learn to live Christ because Christ is a living Spirit of Person who can blend in with our innermost spirit. And we grow in the spiritual life similarly to how we grow in the natural life.

I did not watch the entire video. It sounded like a good old Ed Curran lampoon. I got the jist of where the lampoon was going. Maybe I should watch the rest.

But, I, after many decades, am still in the spiritual growth proccess. I don't plan to "graduate". I expect to be learning to abide in Christ until I die or I see the Lord return.

Aside from this, Jesus told Peter "Follow Me." Peter looked around to see what John was doing (John 20). What difference does it make what John does. John can go to the moon. "[You] Follow Me" said Jesus again.

Don't look around to see what are the failures of this or that intelligent Christian. YOU follow Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
5 edits

You clearly have no interest in the truth and only care about what is in it for you, or what will keep you happy in your delusions.

Well, I'll tell you what. This Forum is called Spirituality. You seem to be here over the years as a Spirituality Exterminator, a watchdog of some type assuring that Spirituality is shown to not exist.

If you think this is an unfair accessment, I would be happy for you to point out exactly where your concepts about Spirituality have been clearly put forth as your own, say in the last 10 years.

Which thread has a sample of your most clearly outlined beliefs about the existence of Spirituality of ANY type ?

Talking about asking questions and not really wanting to know any truth?
That's your forte isn't it ? Question upon question upon question to Christians here at least, assuring that Christian Spirituality is shown to be as foolish as possible by your logic.

So on your criticism of my alledged disingenuous questions - at best - "It takes one to know one."

Cape Town

Moves
02 Dec 14
1 edit

Talking about asking questions and not really wanting to know any truth?
That's your forte isn't it ?
No, it is not my forte. I want to know the truth. And I want others to know the truth.

So on your criticism of my alledged disingenuous questions - at best - "It takes one to know one."
Well clearly, one of us is not 'one'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
2 edits

I want to know the truth. And I want others to know the truth.

So see sonhouse, wolfgang59 and FMF for your truth.

Do not listen to anything uttered by Jesus Christ.

(Better save this post. It will come in handy to you latter)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
2 edits

For anyone who really wants to know the truth.

If God is not real to you personally it is because of your sins.
Your sins have caused a separation between you and God.
God has made provision for the problem of the obstacle for fellowship caused by your sins. God has provided a solution for this insulation, this barrier, this impasse.

The reason God is not real to you does not involve anything so interesting as you imagine. It is a "boring" reason.

The obstacle is not because you do not know enough about Quantum Physics or the canon of the NT or biological evolution or politics or cosmology or anything so interesting to talk about. The obstacle to you communing with God is not about anything so fun to talk about.

Your sins have made a separation between you and your God.
God is not real to you ... because of your sins, transgressions, offenses, iniquities against a holy God.

But do not worry about this "boring" obstacle to fellowship with the heavenly Father. The Father has made provision for the problem abundantly.

Provision has been made for the problem at great cost.
But fellowship has been made available unto eternity, if you are willing to accept the provision made by God.

I can save you 10 or more years of wandering around wondering why God is not real to you. God is not real to you because of what you did, because of what you said. Your sins, my sins, cause an insulation between our innermost being and the God Who is real and is there.

Your "boring" old SINS have caused God not to be real to you.
You need the REAL guilt of your REAL sins forgiven through the finished redemptive work of the Son of God.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Dec 14

Do not listen to anything uttered by Jesus Christ.
I wasn't planning to - at least not when looking for the truth. Tell me something I don't know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14

I wasn't planning to - at least not when looking for the truth. Tell me something I don't know.
You're a fool. You don't know that.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Dec 14
2 edits

For anyone who really wants to know the truth.

If God is not real to you personally it is because of your sins.
Then why did you not wish to address the OP, and why the raving about what a given philosophy can offer you?

And why are you bothering telling people this? Their sins won't go away just because you tell them. God doesn't become real to me just because you claim that my sins are stopping him from being real to me.

Do you have anything other than your say so that might make me think you actually know what you are talking about?

PS - the ranting gave you negative points so you have to make up for that first.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

twhitehead, so early in the discussion? You usually wait for several posts before chiming in. You know , seeing how the water feels ?

Couldn't resist this time, an early entrance?

C. Hess is tough.
Watch him tell me about the superiority of atheism to theism for answering life's deepest questions.
It's not a matter of superiority. It is a matter where you no longer have to live your life in fear. Fear of eternal damnation or original sin or any of that crap. The mind is free from all that and we deal with things as they come. No heaven, no hell, no soul.

To say humans have souls and such means there is a supernatural layer to our existence and that is only wishful thinking. Nobody has seen, felt, heart, touched or interacted in any way with the alleged soul. So real or not, it matters not at all in THIS life. This life is all we have.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14
2 edits

Then why did you not wish to address the OP, and why the raving about what a given philosophy can offer you?

And why are you bothering telling people this? Their sins won't go away just because you tell them. God doesn't become real to me just because you claim that my sins are stopping him from being real to me.

Do you have anything other than your ...[text shortened]... lking about?

PS - the ranting gave you negative points so you have to make up for that first.

That's a fool who is adept at asking good pointed questions.
But you're foolish nonetheless.

And why are you bothering telling people this?

I told you something that you do not know, as you asked.
You're an eloquent fool with lots of arguments to justify your foolish reasons not to listen to someone like Jesus Christ.

Their sins won't go away just because you tell them.

I didn't say they would just because I tell them.
I said provision was made for the problem at a great cost.

I did not pay the cost.

If you don't want to come to the One who did pay, that's your business.
Some reading may want to or consider.
So no apologies for what I wrote or will right recommending to them the Savior.

God doesn't become real to me just because you claim that my sins are stopping him from being real to me.

Do you have anything other than your say so that might make me think you actually know what you are talking about?

No.

And you have nothing more to say to persuade me you are not a big fool, not wanting to listen to Christ the Son of God.

Boo Hoo. Says you? Says some thumbs up and thumbs down survey ?

Your sins is what makes the heavenly Father not real to you.
If you love that lack of relationship, you will not come to the Person who can cleanse you from your sins.

No, that person is not me.
And you say you have no intention of listening to Jesus.

So I'm sorry. I have to tell you that you're a fool and will find no other adequate solution for the problem of knowing the real truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 14

Why does every intelligent Christian disobey Jesus: http://youtu.be/x-slAgzJmdU
See the post below this (the second post I believe in the thread) in which I addressed this OP contrary to twhitehead saying I did not address it.