jello as a trinitarian desert

jello as a trinitarian desert

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
28 Nov 07

Are you seriously comparing jello with the trinity?! You must be a total moron!

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by amannion

Oh sorry, jelly (that's we call it here) is much funnier though isn't it?
What, then, do you call the fruity concoction you put on toast?

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Back to the apple analogy! The skin is "apple", the inner fruity part is "apple", and the seeds are "apple". They are each "apple" but they each have a different role. They are distinctly different, yet all are apple.
Its always interesting when people give analogies that disprove their point and when you point it out to them they change the analogy.
So, now we are saying that the trinity are different parts of the same entity (God) rather than the previous analogy which merely said they were of the same type.
Do they share one consciousness or is God not a conscious entity? Note that Jesus prayed.
Is the discussion meaningful in the first place as the whole concept of different parts being part of a whole can be applied to absolutely anything? eg my sister and I are parts of my family. We are one. You and I are parts of the Human race, we are one. Maybe the term God means "group of deities".
The fact that you have noted that the parts of the trinity are distinctly different shows that it is not one entity in different 'manifestations' but distinct entities which when put together fall under a group name.
So to say that Jesus was God is incorrect. In fact Jesus was a part of God (or a god).

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by TheSkipper
What, then, do you call the fruity concoction you put on toast?
Jam.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its always interesting when people give analogies that disprove their point and when you point it out to them they change the analogy.
So, now we are saying that the trinity are different parts of the same entity (God) rather than the previous analogy which merely said they were of the same type.
Do they share one consciousness or is God not a conscious ...[text shortened]... ame.
So to say that Jesus was God is incorrect. In fact Jesus was a part of God (or a god).
1. That may be interesting but not the case here because the apple analogy is the only one I have given. I think jello is nasty stuff, but it would work if you think of God as being wishy-washy.

2. The apple analogy came from a children's book, but yes, I have never heard other than that the trinity are different parts of the same entity. That's what the apple analogy is saying.

3. I also used the family analogy when I was teaching the concept to children. In your family you are all fully *last name* but you are also each different. If the trinity were one and had no separateness at all, Jesus would not claim that he was going to *send* the Holy Spirit to the apostles because there would be no need, as Jesus himself was already there.

S

Moves
28 Nov 07

Is it lemon jello?

r

Moves
28 Nov 07

it is lime jello...lime is green...

Hmmm . . .

Moves
28 Nov 07

Originally posted by Starrman