Jehovah’s Witnesses: update on child sex abuse

Jehovah’s Witnesses: update on child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The biggest hatemongers are the Christians who relish seeing people being tormented for eternity
Nobody I know relishes that. That’s why they tell people about Jesus Christ and how to be saved - what you refer to as “mouth worship.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
JW's are an odd lot. I once had two of them held captive in my house for weeks. Figuratively speaking.

They are easily controlled. I kept leading them on by allowing them to think it was their idea to keep up the challenge. In the end it played itself out and they stopped bothering me. They must have put the word out though as none of them ever came ba ...[text shortened]... cking on my door while I'm at work. My wife is kinder than I, but she still doesn't let them in.
I believe in the notion of divine appointments (for want of a better description), whereby God will, at an appropriate point in time, bring a person/people into one’s life for a moment or a period. In that moment or period we have the opportunity to fulfil the purpose for which this person/people have come into contact with us.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I believe in the notion of divine appointments (for want of a better description), whereby God will, at an appropriate point in time, bring a person/people into one’s life for a moment or a period. In that moment or period we have the opportunity to fulfil the purpose for which this person/people have come into contact with us.
And what if we fail to recognize the purpose or don’t fulfill it? Does God send someone else or does He drop the matter all together?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
And what if we fail to recognize the purpose or don’t fulfill it? Does God send someone else or does He drop the matter all together?
I don’t know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

I don’t know.
Care to venture a guess?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 18

Care to venture a guess?
Not really.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Not really.
Why so glum?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 18
1 edit

Why so glum?
I’m not, I’m just really not interested in discussing stuff with you Romans1009

Moves
01 May 18

I’m not, I’m just really interested in discussing stuff with you Romans1009
I guess you mean really not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Freudian slip.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Correct.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

I’m not, I’m just really interested in discussing stuff with you Romans1009
Do you want to play “Where’s Tiger?” later or are you having the blokes from the pub over for a tickle fight?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 May 18

Freudian slip.
Ah, you want to discuss Freud. Splendid.

Classic Freudian regression into childlike fantasies, internal struggle between the id and super-ego, deep feelings of insecurity, the projection of frailty and disingenuous nature.....Degree envy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Ah, you want to discuss Freud. Splendid.

Classic Freudian regression into childlike fantasies, internal struggle between the id and super-ego, deep feelings of insecurity, the projection of frailty and disingenuous nature.....Degree envy.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.