Isn't it amazing...

Isn't it amazing...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Darfius
The stars were created for signs, nothing more, nothing less.

And are you aware of how unique Jupiter is? All other gas giants are found much closer to their star. If Jupiter were closer, we would have been flung out into space. Ins ...[text shortened]... piter protects us from catastrophic impacts every 10k years.

Signs for what? Navigation?
Seems a bit overkill to put to create so many, and such a random pattern, just for navigation. Why aren't they below the clouds then?
Or do you mean astrological signs?
And, if Jupiter is there to protect us, what is Pluto for?

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Add astronomy to the things you don't know jack about; the gas giant planets that have been discovered in other solar systems are closer to their star because it makes them easier to find as they make a more pronounced effect on the star (in fact, I don't believe one has ever been seen; they can tell they exist by observing the gravitional effe ...[text shortened]... ars?

EDIT: 5.2 AU or about 485 million miles from the Sun or 400 million miles from us.

Impacts of meteors and asteroids.

And until we find another Jupiter so far away from its star, I think you'll have to be quiet and acknowledge Jupiter is UNIQUE.

Our earth-moon system is UNIQUE

Our atmosphere is UNIQUE.

Our star is JUST THE RIGHT SIZE.

We're in a sparcely populated part of the universe.

We're in a spiral galaxy, THE ONLY TYPE OF GALAXY THAT CAN HOST LIFE.

We're in between two of the spiral arms, which means we are in a sparcely populated part of our galaxy. We're just the right distance away from our sun.

So to say "there must be more life out there, think of all the stars" is idiotic. Conditions must be perfect (like Earth, thanks Father) and THEN life must come from nothing again.

e

Moves
15 Mar 05

Impacts of meteors and asteroids.

And until we find another Jupiter so far away from its star, I think you'll have to be quiet and acknowledge Jupiter is UNIQUE.

We're in a spiral galaxy, THE ONLY ...[text shortened]... nditions must be perfect (like Earth, thanks Father) and THEN life must come from nothing again.
We are still striving as a people to know if in fact all these criteria ARE unique. You claim it as fact when you know nothing of the sort.

And to denigrate your brother's offering as idiotic? Tsk tsk..

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
Originally posted by shavixmir
[b]
Isn't that just a little bit nit-picky for one so great?
Is it just me, or does he have his priorities wrong? Shouldn't he be off stopping whole civilisations being sucked into black holes or something?

I'm trying to picture this. A dude lying on his bed, getting high staring a JDepp and thinking about ...[text shortened]... you possibly give a pile about what something you don't even believe in likes or dislikes ?

[/b]
Aye, it's a funny old world, isn't it?

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by eagles54
We are still striving as a people to know if in fact all these criteria ARE unique. You claim it as fact when you know nothing of the sort.

And to denigrate your brother's offering as idiotic? Tsk tsk..
My brothers and sisters are those who know the Word of the Father and live by it, as my Lord Jesus said Himself.

e

Moves
15 Mar 05

My brothers and sisters are those who know the Word of the Father and live by it, as my Lord Jesus said Himself.
So all that don't agree with you may have their sincere points labelled as 'idiotic'? While you pray for those 'sinners' you care to smear to come to know God, you need to pray for yourself for greater forebearance in the face of adversity.

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

So all that don't agree with you may have their sincere points labelled as 'idiotic'? While you pray for those 'sinners' you care to smear to come to know God, you need to pray for yourself for greater forebearance in the face of adversity.
To say life must exist because there are many stars is idiotic. I'm not calling them idiotic, I'm calling the idea idiotic.

How do you dare judge a child of God? I do not mean to sound arrogant, but you do not have the blood of Christ covering you, so your opinion of me means very little. I listen to my brothers and sisters and my Father, which is in Heaven.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Mar 05

To say life must exist because there are many stars is idiotic. I'm not calling them idiotic, I'm calling the idea idiotic.

How do you dare judge a child of God? I do not mean to sound arrogant, but you do not have the blood of Christ covering you, so your opinion of me means very little. I listen to my brothers and sisters and my Father, which is in Heaven.
You are twisted.

P

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are twisted.

P
Refer to my previous post.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Mar 05

Refer to my previous post.
I just did, that is why I wrote that.

P

e

Moves
15 Mar 05

May you, Darfius, one day develop compassion for all beings, not just those who share your views. The Lord Jesus Christ would be very happy if you did, indeed.

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

May you, Darfius, one day develop compassion for all beings, not just those who share your views. The Lord Jesus Christ would be very happy if you did, indeed.
I have compassion for you all, or I wouldn't be here. But I do not respect someone's judgement when that judgement says that Jesus is not the Son of God.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
16 Mar 05

[/b]
On what basis do you make this claim?

Henry

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
16 Mar 05

Darfius:
It's just you. All sin is atrocious to Him, He hates thievery as much as homosexuality. Again, what "whole civilizations" are you talking about? If you mean ours, I think He's been doing a great job of that.

Your god of love HATES homosexuals as well as thieves, surely not?

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
16 Mar 05

We're in between two of the spiral arms, which means we are in a sparcely populated part of our galaxy. We're just the right ...[text shortened]... nditions must be perfect (like Earth, thanks Father) and THEN life must come from nothing again.
So, conditions on Earth are just right for the life that evolved there eh?
Well stone me, that's a shocker!

I refer you to a point I made in another thread about the late, great Douglas Adams's view on this sort of argument. He compared it to a puddle thinking how wonderful it is that it is perfectly shaped for the hole in which it sits.