Is there proof for...

Is there proof for...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
28 Mar 07
1 edit

So, now that little distraction is out of the way, Varqa can you give me some evidence to show that there's 'more to us humans than just DNA, morphology, physiology and all the other "Logies" combined'?

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
So, now that little distraction is out of the way, Varqa can you give me some evidence to show that there's 'more to us humans than just DNA, morphology, physiology and all the other "Logies" combined'?
How does a similarity in DNA, morphology and physiology prove that there is common decent?

S

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by dj2becker
How does a similarity in DNA, morphology and physiology prove that there is common decent?
Again, I have made no such claim, are you being simple on purpose?

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Again, I have made no such claim, are you being simple on purpose?
So do you or do you not believe that chimps and humans have a common decent?

Can't you ever defend what you believe? Or do you only like to tear other people's beliefs apart?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by Varqa
We share 99.99% of the same DNA as apes, yet the apes are stilll hanging from the trees while we are exploring the cosmos.

You atheists pride yourself in being logical? Any baboon can see that there is more to us humans than just DNA, morphology, physiology and all the other "Logies" combined.
We share 99.99% of the same DNA as apes, yet the apes are stilll hanging from the trees while we are exploring the cosmos.

So what? We share 70% of our genes with broccoli - do you expect it to go exploring the universe?

You atheists pride yourself in being logical? Any baboon can see that there is more to us humans than just DNA, morphology, physiology and all the other "Logies" combined.

No. I can't. I guess your narcissism lets you see it another way though.

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
[b]We share 99.99% of the same DNA as apes, yet the apes are stilll hanging from the trees while we are exploring the cosmos.

So what? We share 70% of our genes with broccoli - do you expect it to go exploring the universe?

You atheists pride yourself in being logical? Any baboon can see that there is more to us humans than just DNA, morp ...[text shortened]... " combined.

No. I can't. I guess your narcissism lets you see it another way though.[/b]
If you share 70% of your genes with broccoli, it means you are related?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

Prove that humans and chimps have a 99.99% similarity in their DNA.
98% for chimps;

"The chimpanzee and human genomes are more than 98% identical, but there are a few short DNA sequences that have changed significantly in humans since the two species diverged about 5 million years ago (see Pollard et al., http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgen.0020168). These 'Human Accelerated Regions' (HARs) provide clues into our evolution. (Photograph: Image by Owen Booth.) "

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=54069

"The first comprehensive comparison of the genetic blueprints of humans and chimpanzees shows our closest living relatives share perfect identity with 96 percent of our DNA sequence, an international research consortium reported today."

http://www.genome.gov/15515096

However, this is 96 - 98% (irrespective of the exact figure, it's very high) of the DNA sequence. The percentage of genes shared is probably higher still.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

If you share 70% of your genes with broccoli, it means you are related?
Yes. This is the basis of cladistics.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 Mar 07

Well, we have a mechanism, for explaining it, which has been substantively tested and verified, and we have lineages of fossils which show divergence (for example Lucy is probably the best known).

Your alternate excuse is, of course, "magic man done it".

Moves
28 Mar 07

98% for chimps;

"The chimpanzee and human genomes are more than 98% identical, but there are a few short DNA sequences that have changed significantly in humans since the two species diverged about 5 million years ago (see Pollard et al., http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgen.0020168). These 'Human Accelerated Regions' (HARs) provide clues into our ...[text shortened]... gh) of the DNA sequence. The percentage of genes shared is probably higher still.
I have heard that the activity of the genes is very important, is that right?

Moves
28 Mar 07

Yes. This is the basis of cladistics.
Do you mean to say that you eat your distant relatives? sic

Or have you never eaten broccoli?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 Mar 07

Do you mean to say that you eat your distant relatives? sic

Or have you never eaten broccoli?
Turns out you're still as stupid as ever.

Moves
28 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Yes, Veggie, your logic is as brilliant as ever. I'm stupid because YOU are related to a VEGETABLE.

It's no wonder you wash your hair in the kitchen sink, cause that's where all the vegetables are washed.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
28 Mar 07

Yes, Veggie, your logic is as brilliant as ever. I'm stupid because YOU are related to a VEGETABLE.

It's no wonder you wash your hair in the kitchen sink, cause that's where all the vegetables are washed.
By the same logic, you are related to all people on Earth. Therefore all sex is incest.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Mar 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Everyone knows that people who call people names are insecure.