1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:22
    @fmf said
    More to the point, when have you advocated living the Christian life? I've seen almost zero content on that.
    I have discussed the matter in depth with Raj as most have here.

I understand that you favor a works based salvation such as he believes in, even though you don't believe in salvation.

But most religions are like that. You try to do good and hope that your good outweighs the bad. Just know that this is opposite the Christian tradition. Moreover, it does not mean I advocate not living a Christian life nor does it mean that we are given a free pass to sin.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:28
    @whodey said
    I am not discussing myself or your Muslims friends. I'm discussing only Jesus vs. Mohammad.

Feel free not to compare the two in an honest manner.
    I don't believe either of them are connected with any communication from a God or any form of divine inspiration. I don't think Muhammed was a prophet of, or for, anything true or real. And I don't think Jesus was in any sense or form "God". As for the bearing the traditions linked to them have upon my moral compass, I have already explained.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:301 edit
    @whodey said
    I have discussed the matter in depth with Raj as most have here.
    Rajk999 "judges" people for what he sees as their incorrect theology. People "judge" Rajk999 for what they see as his incorrect theology.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:351 edit
    @whodey said
    Moreover, it does not mean I advocate not living a Christian life nor does it mean that we are given a free pass to sin.
    I can recall next to nothing from you that could be described as you advocating living a Christian life. Just stuff about you being "saved" and not having any religious onus on you to do good works.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:411 edit
    @whodey said
    I understand that you favor a works based salvation such as he believes in, even though you don't believe in salvation.
    I do not believe in "works based salvation" because I don't believe in "salvation". I am interested in the coherence of ideology that results in morally sound behaviour. Narcissistic Christianity obsessed with being "saved" and "forgiven" and "immortal" and being "deified as God-men" after death seems incoherent when it, by comparison, downplays the crystal clear instructions and commandments that Christian texts offer on walking the walk [as opposed to thinking-the-think].
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:47
    @whodey said
    But most religions are like that. You try to do good and hope that your good outweighs the bad. Just know that this is opposite the Christian tradition.
    Trying to do good and hoping that your good outweighs the bad is the opposite of the Christian tradition? I'll take your word for it in so far as it is your belief. Rajk999 may well "judge" this theological assertion of yours, and then you can "judge" him for disagreeing with you.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:55
    @fmf said
    I don't believe either of them are connected with any communication from a God or any form of divine inspiration. I don't think Muhammed was a prophet of, or for, anything true or real. And I don't think Jesus was in any sense or form "God". As for the bearing the traditions linked to them have upon my moral compass, I have already explained.
    What if you’re wrong about Jesus?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:07
    @divegeester said
    Are you going to give your “opinion”?
    Yes dive, to anyone who watches it, and has questions concerning it I will.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:081 edit
    @fmf said
    I do not believe in "works based salvation" because I don't believe in "salvation". I am interested in the coherence of ideology that results in morally sound behaviour. Narcissistic Christianity obsessed with being "saved" and "forgiven" and "immortal" and being "deified as God-men" after death seems incoherent when it, by comparison, downplays the crystal clear instructions and commandments that Christian texts offer on walking the walk [as opposed to thinking-the-think].
    Why are do you say that you are concerned about morality when unable to differentiate between the molarity of Jesus and Mohammad?

Also, what does morality matter in your opinion?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:18
    @whodey said
    Why are do you say that you are concerned about morality when unable to differentiate between the molarity of Jesus and Mohammad?
    I have told you how Christianity and Islam have affected my moral compass.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:19
    @whodey said

Most people 'without' God don't feel at liberty to go around killing whoever they want or stealing whatever they want. And this isn't due to fear of being punished, but because 'morality matters.'

As an atheist, I go around killing and stealing as much as I want...And that is, 'not at all.'
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:20
    @whodey said

Nothing matters if all anyone has is an opinion and there isn’t any truth outside of ourselves. If there isn't truth beyond our opinions, than two opinions can be equally correct, even if they diametrically oppose one another.

This is the place of faith in the eyes of some, while they tend to hold some theories as accurate representations of truth, regardless of diametrically opposing contradictions with the known universe, and consider it nearly a blasphemy to question such views unlike the acceptance of all opinions elsewhere.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:21
    @whodey said
    Morality governs and guides our decisions and actions in so far as they affect our interactions with each other and the norms and values of our communal lives.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:25
    @kellyjay said
    Nothing matters if all anyone has is an opinion and there isn’t any truth outside of ourselves.
    Our families, our neighbours, our communities, our belonging-to-groups - like religions - our nations, our cultures, our laws, our common humanity all create what you call "truth outside of ourselves".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:302 edits
    @kellyjay said
    If there isn't truth beyond our opinions, than two opinions be equally correct, even if they diametrically oppose one another.
    My opinion is that there's not anything morally wrong with homosexuality, in and of itself. Your opinion is that there is something morally wrong with homosexuality. Your assertion that your opinion is a "truth beyond your opinion" may mean something to you or people who agree with you, but it is merely subjective and a personal moral stance [as is my opinion] .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree