Is Roman Catholicism Christianity

Is Roman Catholicism Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Sep 09

So Fabian does not wish to address the issue. Can it be because he knows Karen Armstrong is not even a professional historian?

F

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Yes, he did, and he also deliberately offended me. Do you promote such a behaviour?

Originally posted by Conrau K
Yes. ...
Then there is not a discussion. Then he only invites me to start a verbal war. I decline such an invitation.

Do you really think this behaviour is correct?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Sep 09

Then there is not a discussion. Then he only invites me to start a verbal war. I decline such an invitation.

Run, Forrest, Run!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 09
1 edit

Yes. You are a pompous fool if you just make wild claims and refuse to justify them.

F

Moves
19 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Conrau K
Yes. You are a pompous fool if you just make wild claims and refuse to justify them.
Alright, then I know your personality too.
Personal attacks before a serious discussion.

I have never refused to have a decent discussion about the matter. But I refuse to discuss anything with people having personal attacks as their prime argument.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 09

Alright, then I know your personality too.
Personal attacks before a serious discussion.

I have never refused to have a decent discussion about the matter. But I refuse to discuss anything with people having personal attacks as their prime argument.
What else can anyone call you when for the past twenty posts you have only dodged the burden of proof?

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
19 Sep 09

A pity that a potential interesting discussion gets mutilated by hurt feelings,

Of course, we don't know how inspired the authors of the Scriptures were and if they had other aims for writing these texts. Also Karen Armstrong doesn't know although she writes rather convincing about it. But we do know for certain it was human labour. We don't know exactly who wrote them all, or when they were written and how many people contributed to some parts. Besides that these texts have been copied hundreds of times with usual mistakes and deliberate changes. They are translated and retranslated. And they are interpreted in all the colours of the rainbow. All done by humans. Why do we need to fight about this?

F

Moves
19 Sep 09

Originally posted by souverein

Of course, we don't know how inspired the authors of the Scriptures were and if they had other aims for writing these texts. Also Karen Armstrong doesn't know although she writes rather convincing about it. But we do know for certain it was human labour. We don't know exact ...[text shortened]... ed in all the colours of the rainbow. All done by humans. Why do we need to fight about this?
Right, an apology is enough from the people that started the fight, and we would be on track again.
I have zero tolerance on personal attacks. I will not discuss things with people who are deliberately rude as a line of argument.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 09

Right, an apology is enough from the people that started the fight, and we would be on track again.
I have zero tolerance on personal attacks. I will not discuss things with people who are deliberately rude as a line of argument.
😴

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Sep 09

Originally posted by souverein

Of course, we don't know how inspired the authors of the Scriptures were and if they had other aims for writing these texts. Also Karen Armstrong doesn't know although she writes rather convincing about it. But we do know for certain it was human labour. We don't know exact ...[text shortened]... ed in all the colours of the rainbow. All done by humans. Why do we need to fight about this?
Yes, but we started by agreeing that men wrote it, but the thing is that we don't know who they were. The conspiratorial motive that Fabian attributes to the authors can only be then based on prejudice, not fact or history.

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

So you believe that there was a bone from a dinosaur lying on the ground, a men stepped on it and left a footprint on it?

Don't you understand yourself how improbable that is?

I must have misunderstood your words...
Not a bone a footprint of a dinosaur

F

Moves
22 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Not a bone a footprint of a dinosaur
A footprint of a dinosaur? Well, they have been found here and there. Nothing new about this.

The facts that the dinosaurs were extinct 65 million of years ago, and the first hominids began to evolve 5 million of years ago, shows that no man can meet any dinosaur, no dinosaur can meet any human. Only in your dreams.

d

Moves
22 Sep 09

A footprint of a dinosaur? Well, they have been found here and there. Nothing new about this.

The facts that the dinosaurs were extinct 65 million of years ago, and the first hominids began to evolve 5 million of years ago, shows that no man can meet any dinosaur, no dinosaur can meet any human. Only in your dreams.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/05/30/how-old-is-earth

F

Moves
23 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/05/30/how-old-is-earth
Yet another link you haven't read yourself.

Don't you ever read your links?
Don't you ever have knowledge of your own?