Is it wrong for women to be topless?

Is it wrong for women to be topless?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
And I still reject it on the basis that it fails to acknowledge the difference bewteen rules and principles.
And you have every right to do so, even if I don't even mention any rules nor any principles.

rain

Moves
18 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Sorry, I thought it was a silly question competition.
Then you'd win.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jun 14

Sigh, humility is often seen as a weakness in this egotistical climate of meism that you detailed and yet for the Christian as well as others, its a quality of strength. The willingness to yield to personal preference in modesty and soundness of mind takes thought and self control.
I don't see humility as an act of weakness, far from it. This though isn't about humility, it's about 'conformity'.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Jun 14

wow i forgot about your mind ray hidden far in the hills. Do you also do tarrot readings and crystal ball sittings?
I never pictured things that way. It's more like we're at a pub and some crazy guy with a Scottish accent has had one too many and can't shut up. Entertaining, to be sure; but not to be taken seriously [naturally].

w

Moves
18 Jun 14

Originally posted by vivify
Biblically speaking, is it wrong for women to be topless in public places where men can be topless? Is there biblical support for either allowing or condemning public toplessness of women?
Men should be forbidden to go topless, as well as certain women, especially if they look like men. 😛

rc

Moves
18 Jun 14

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I never pictured things that way. It's more like we're at a pub and some crazy guy with a Scottish accent has had one too many and can't shut up. Entertaining, to be sure; but not to be taken seriously [naturally].
Not to be taken seriously, ahhh its so true, I am the Lisa Simpson of the forums!😞

rc

Moves
18 Jun 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I don't see humility as an act of weakness, far from it. This though isn't about humility, it's about 'conformity'.
of course its about humility, one is after all prepared to forgo personal preference.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jun 14

of course its about humility, one is after all prepared to forgo personal preference.
Nope. I see conformity.

'1. action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.'

rc

Moves
18 Jun 14
1 edit

Nope. I see conformity.

'1. action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.'
No, the prevailing social standards might be tattoos and Mohawks as it is, this is not modestly but self aggrandizement.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jun 14

No, the prevailing social standards might be tattoos and Mohawks as it is, this is not modestly but self aggrandizement.
Well, we shall have to agree to disagree again.

rc

Moves
18 Jun 14

Well, we shall have to agree to disagree again.
Is a modest person one who is self effacing or who draws attention to oneself.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Jun 14

Originally posted by vivify
Biblically speaking, is it wrong for women to be topless in public places where men can be topless? Is there biblical support for either allowing or condemning public toplessness of women?
I think either way people would last after the opposite sex by seeing them topless.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jun 14

Is a modest person one who is self effacing or who draws attention to oneself.
Who's drawing attention to themselves?

rc

Moves
18 Jun 14
1 edit

Who's drawing attention to themselves?
Gee dude, I know its hard being a straight guy in a gay world, lord knows its hard, the stigma, the rejection etc etc but do you not think that topless chicks in lets say the middle of Manchester may be drawing a little attention to themselves?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jun 14

Gee dude, I know its hard being a straight guy in a gay world, lord knows its hard, the stigma, the rejection etc etc but do you not think that topless chicks in lets say the middle of Manchester may be drawing a little attention to themselves?
Of course, but I'm not talking about women being topless. I'm discussing 1 Tim 2:9.