Is it a mental universe?

Is it a mental universe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 17

Is the universe all in our heads? Does sin and the punishment for sin represent a balancing force within the universe (our heads)?

Infidel

Moves
08 Nov 17

Originally posted by @christopher-albon
Is the universe all in our heads? Does sin and the punishment for sin represent a balancing force within the universe (our heads)?
No.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 17

Beware, thou who art tempted to evil! Beware what thou layest up for the future! Beware what thou layest up in the archives of eternity! Wrong not thy neighbor! lest the thought of him thou injurest, and who suffers by thy act, be to thee a pang which years will not deprive of its bitterness! Break not into the house of innocence, to rifle it of its treasure; lest when many years have passed over thee, the moan of its distress may not have died away from thine ear! Build not the desolate throne of ambition in thy heart; nor be busy with devices, and circumventings, and selfish schemings; lest desolation and loneliness be on thy path, as it stretches into the long futurity! Live not a useless, an impious, or an injurious life! for bound up with that life is the immutable principle of an endless retribution, and elements of God's creating, which will never spend their force, but continue ever to unfold with the ages of eternity. Be not deceived! God has formed thy nature, thus to answer to the future. His law can never be abrogated, nor His justice eluded; and forever and ever it will be true, that "Whatsoever a man soweth, that also he shall reap."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/mas/md/md14.htm

Moves
08 Nov 17
1 edit

I think I think I think, therefore I think I think I am, or so I think.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 17

Originally posted by @js357
I think I think I think, therefore I think I think I am, or so I think.
Very efficacious of you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 17
1 edit

Just skim read the rest of the link I posted and I don't support the views in the paper morals and dogma. But the quote is good. Every good lie is 90% truth but I feel I need a full on shower after picking that nugget out.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Nov 17

Beware, thou who art tempted to evil! Beware what thou layest up for the future! Beware what thou layest up in the archives of eternity! Wrong not thy neighbor! lest the thought of him thou injurest, and who suffers by thy act, be to thee a pang which years will not deprive of its bitterness! Break not into the house of innocence, to rifle it of i ...[text shortened]... hatsoever a man soweth, that also he shall reap."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/mas/md/md14.htm
You do realize those words were written by men, right? Does it make it more astoundingly true for the use of 'thou' and 'thee' and 'thy'?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Nov 17

Is it a mental universe,....or a mental question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 17

Yup.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Nov 17

Yup.
Hey, no capitulating. 😠

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
2 edits

I don't know why I posted this here. Okay, let's rephrase. Are spirits in the mental plane?
*draws cape around face* woooooooooo! Is that a bit less mental for you?

Sorry I'm being rude. Would you like a cape too?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
10 Nov 17

The short answer is "no"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Are there.....are there any Kabbalists in here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Dec 17

I mean....is there anything really that we know exists beyond emotion?

Moves
18 Dec 17

I mean....is there anything really that we know exists beyond emotion?
It depends on your criteria for saying something exists.