Is hetrosexuality compulsory?

Is hetrosexuality compulsory?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vn

Moves
23 Apr 06
1 edit

Has the West created a fallacy, that hetrosexuality is normative? Are we in reality naturally androgenous?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
23 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
Has the West created a fallacy, that hetrosexuality is normative? Are we in reality naturally androgenous?
Queue "ontological priority" jibe.

Vn

Moves
23 Apr 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Que "ontological priority" jibe.
ok, does ontological priority designate us with an androgenous sexuality, happy now?

N

The sky

Moves
23 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Vladamir no1
Androgyny is separate from sexual orientation. It can either be physiological, or it can be a matter of gender identity.

Edit: By the way, what is this doing in the Spirituality Forum?

Vn

Moves
23 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
Androgyny is separate from sexual orientation. It can either be physiological, or it can be a matter of gender identity.
Biologically many would agree that we are an adrogenous species....gender is a matter of identity and that is enforced through categories of society not through natural selection....As I asked earlier are we androgenous is hetrosexuality part a social normativity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Apr 06

Edit: By the way, what is this doing in the Spirituality Forum?
Why would you ask that, you don't think sex has anything to do with
man's spiritual side?
Kelly

N

The sky

Moves
23 Apr 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
Why would you ask that, you don't think sex has anything to do with
man's spiritual side?
Kelly
I have never made that connection. Do you think it does? But even if it does, Vladimir's question didn't seem to be about a possible spiritual aspect of sex. There are many things I can think of which can have a spiritual component, for example music or the aurora borealis, both of which I have posted about here in a spiritual context. But I wouldn't discuss music or the aurora here if I were not specifically referring to the spiritual aspect of it.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
25 Apr 06

I would contend that "life" has something to do with spirituality (or spirituality has something to do with life). I think we obsess about the sexual aspect due to the rather black and white nature ot it, in the sense of what is normative. This, I predicate upon the notion that the masses equate normative with spiritual (in the most general sense, non denominational).

Vn

Moves
25 Apr 06
1 edit

I have never made that connection. Do you think it does? But even if it does, Vladimir's question didn't seem to be about a possible spiritual aspect of sex. There are many things I can think of which can have a spiritual component, for example music or the aurora borealis, both of which I have posted about here in a spiritual context. But I wouldn't discuss music or the aurora here if I were not specifically referring to the spiritual aspect of it.
The only way that sex is spiritual is in the sense of tantric sex or 'true' lovemaking...

and no Nordlys I won't show you, you got to stop asking me that 😉