Is hell eternal?

Is hell eternal?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Aug 17

http://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=311719741

Why or why not?

Moves
12 Aug 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
http://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=311719741

Why or why not?
So you expect everyone to listen to that sermon just to have an understanding of what your premise about eternal hell is?

R

California

Moves
12 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
So you expect everyone to listen to that sermon just to have an understanding of what your premise about eternal hell is?
No but answer the why or why not.

Moves
12 Aug 17

No but answer the why or why not.
I don't believe hell exists; at least certainly not within the paradigm presented by the majority of Christians in this forum anyway.

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

I don't believe hell exists; at least certainly not within the paradigm presented by the majority of Christians in this forum anyway.
23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[b] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[c] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Moves
12 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[b] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the serv ...[text shortened]... avenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
Point?

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

Point?
Jesus said if you do not forgive others, then God will not forgive you and you will be handed over to torturers until an unpayable debt is repaid.

R

California

Moves
12 Aug 17

Jesus said if you do not forgive others, then God will not forgive you and you will be handed over to torturers until an unpayable debt is repaid.
How is an unpayable debt repaid?

Moves
12 Aug 17

Yes Jesus spoke in parables, stories and used symbolism extensively.
Are you once of those who takes everything in the bible literally?

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

How is an unpayable debt repaid?
It isn't. That is why the torture is eternal or until the person no longer exists.

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

Yes Jesus spoke in parables, stories and used symbolism extensively.
Evidently you are blind.

Moves
12 Aug 17

Evidently you are blind.
Jesus spoke in parables, stories and used symbolism extensively.

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

Jesus spoke in parables, stories and used symbolism extensively.
Yes he did so that people like you would be prevented from attaining eternal life.

Moves
12 Aug 17
1 edit

Yes he did so that people like you would be prevented from attaining eternal life.
🙂

Are you one of those who takes everything in the bible literally?

Moves
12 Aug 17

On what basis do you claim that Jesus wanted to prevent people from attaining eternal life?