Is Christianity Genetic?

Is Christianity Genetic?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Why immediately think "bad" when genetics is brought up?

Lots of good things are hereditary.

For instance noses run in my family.
The folks in your family have noses with legs on them? Hmmm, you must be in one of those families that lives in the secluded forests of the Appalachian foothills.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
Wouldn't this be called libel? Wouldn't libel be against the law of the land? Wouldn't you be sinning right now? I'm sure you'll be forgiven though so that you can do it again tomorrow.
You are not saying that you watch homosexual videos, but are not
homosexual are you?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
05 Oct 11

Wouldn't this be called libel? Wouldn't libel be against the law of the land? Wouldn't you be sinning right now? I'm sure you'll be forgiven though so that you can do it again tomorrow.
It's not libel if you're gay. However, it is slightly misleading or misworded. Being a homosexual is not a sin that I'm aware of.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 11
2 edits

😲
Is Christianity Genetic?

Tom, why would you persist in callously insulting the collective intelligence of RHP Members who actively participate in this forum? You've got a history of pulling this same juvenile nonsense in the general forum as well. Shame on your intellectual manhood for being incapable of mustering the courage to get an honest thread up and on the table. Christianity for your information isn't genetic, it's matter of volition. Christianity isn't a religion either. It's a relstionship with a person in time and eternity. Religion is man by man's efforts seeking to gain the approval of God. In Christianity. God does the work on our behalf, to reconcile us unto Himself, and graciously offers us the free gift of eternal salvation. Real you is your soul. Like it or not, you as a member of the human race will spend eternity at one of two addresses. God's a gentleman and will not under any conditions coerce your will. Choice is up to you.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Is Christianity Genetic?

Tom, why would you persist in callously insulting the collective intelligence of RHP Members who actively participate in this forum? You've got a history of pulling this same juvenile nonsense in the general forum as well. Shame on your intellectual manhood for being incapable of mustering the courage to get an hones ...[text shortened]... a gentleman and will not under any conditions coerce your will. Choice is up to you.

.[/b]
When mum and dad are church-going christians guess what religion junior will follow.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
05 Oct 11

When mum and dad are church-going christians guess what religion junior will follow.
I would guess anything but Christian in many cases. Some of the fervant anti-Christians I've ever come across were raised in Christian households.

Meanwhile I'm Christian and I had an Agnostic occultist for a Father and a Pagan Witch for a big brother.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 11

Superfificial knee-jerk post, Wolf. Often the opposite is true as a result of rebellion. Likelihood of rejection is probably proportionate to the parental effort to force Christianity or any other system of belief, for that matter, upon their freedom loving children. -gb

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
I would guess anything but Christian in many cases. Some of the fervant anti-Christians I've ever come across were raised in Christian households.

Meanwhile I'm Christian and I had an Agnostic occultist for a Father and a Pagan Witch for a big brother.
I salute you for your objectivity and selfhood.

Moves
05 Oct 11

Superfificial knee-jerk post, Wolf. Often the opposite is true as a result of rebellion. Likelihood of rejection is probably proportionate to the parental effort to force Christianity or any other system of belief, for that matter, upon their freedom loving children. -gb

Actually the absolute strongest indicator of what religion someone will follow as an
adult is the one their parents had/have.

This is not to say some people don't change or reject what their parents say, but the
majority of religious believers follow the religion of their parents.

Moves
05 Oct 11

[b]Is Christianity Genetic?

Tom, why would you persist in callously insulting the collective intelligence of RHP Members who actively participate in this forum? You've got a history of pulling this same juvenile nonsense in the general forum as well. Shame on your intellectual manhood for being incapable of mustering the courage to get an hones ...[text shortened]... a gentleman and will not under any conditions coerce your will. Choice is up to you.

.[/b]
Much as I don't want to be disputatious.

But Christianity is only not a religion if you mess with the definition of the word religion.

It is most definitely a religion however under the standard definitions.

This does not prevent it from being "It's a relstionship with a person in time and eternity".

Or anything else you may chose to call it.

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You seem to be obsessed with the sin of homosexuality. If you are
homosexual, you can be forgiven of your sins just like a hetrosexual.
No I am not gay.

I just have empathy and actual moral values.

Because my beliefs don't say to go out and stone those who sleep with someone of the same gender.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Actually the absolute strongest indicator of what religion someone will follow as an
adult is the one their parents had/have.

This is not to say some people don't change or reject what their parents say, but the
majority of religious believers follow the religion of their parents.
Perhaps in unenlightened third world countries, pristine cultures and jungle tribes.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Much as I don't want to be disputatious.

But Christianity is only not a religion if you mess with the definition of the word religion.

It is most definitely a religion however under the standard definitions.

This does not prevent it from being "It's a relstionship with a person in time and eternity".

Or anything else you may chose to call it.
"But Christianity is only not a religion if you mess with the definition of the word religion." Fact is what ultimately matters. Absolute truth was here long before we were born and will still be here when we're gone. We all have the one window of our brief sojourn on planet earth to apprehend it. Truth is immutable. Definitions of words may reflect factual truth or merely some subjective bias or pure fiction. In and of themselves, 'standard definitions' often distort and compromise the very realities they presume to define.

Moves
05 Oct 11

Perhaps in unenlightened third world countries, pristine cultures and jungle tribes.

No, in any country.

Moves
05 Oct 11

[b]"But Christianity is only not a religion if you mess with the definition of the word religion." Fact is what ultimately matters. Absolute truth was here long before we were born and will still be here when we're gone. We all have the one window of our brief sojourn on planet earth to apprehend it. Truth is immutable. Definitions of words may refl ...[text shortened]... definitions' often distort and compromise the very realities they presume to define.

.[/b]
We use words to communicate with one another.

This only works if they have some kind of consistent meaning.

Christianity and its beliefs and practices fall under the definition of the word religion.

It is thus a religion.

This has no bearing whatsoever on Christianity's 'truth'.