is buddism evil...???

is buddism evil...???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
If he had any sense, he would not go around shooting people just because he read "If you meet Buddha on the road, shoot him" somewhere.
A Sinhala fundamentalist with common sense? That's more funny than my joke twhitehead dude!

Cape Town

Moves
17 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Cape Town.
Hot and dry in Cape Town? You obviously haven't been to a really hot and dry place. I've been here 5 years and never seen the mercury go over 35 Celsius.
Or is it one of those Buddhist things?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Hot and dry in Cape Town? You obviously haven't been to a really hot and dry place. I've been here 5 years and never seen the mercury go over 35 Celsius.
Or is it one of those Buddhist things?
It's relative, isn't it? 35 is plenty hot for me, thanks.

I found Namibia quite pleasant -- in winter.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I think the climate is more like Greece. Technically, it's a 'Mediterranean climate' (winter rainfall).
Temperature relatively high in summer but rarely above 35, very rainy winters... Are you sure you're not in Porto?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Temperature relatively high in summer but rarely above 35, very rainy winters... Are you sure you're not in Porto?
Especially when I'm sitting in the cafe down the road.

I've just discovered that an old schoolfriend of mine has been living on a farm somewhere in Portugal -- I may have to make use of this knowledge.