Interview with airline pilot

Interview with airline pilot

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 Feb 09

What are we to make of the Katie Couric interview with Captain Sullenberger of the plane that crashed in the Hudson River?

Couric: "Did you pray?"

Sullenberger: "No, I had a plane to land."

F

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by kirksey957
What are we to make of the Katie Couric interview with Captain Sullenberger of the plane that crashed in the Hudson River?

A good replay.
Perhaps all other crashing planes had a pilot praing instead of landing safely.

"God helps those who help themselves." (a quote from whom?)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
A good replay.
Perhaps all other crashing planes had a pilot praing instead of landing safely.

"God helps those who help themselves." (a quote from whom?)
Certainly not God ..🙂

A more appropriate wording is that "Chance favours the prepared".
But there are many parts of the bible which tells you to get off your lazy butt and dont wait for God to help.

S

Moves
14 Feb 09

I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin. Just consider "Romans 1:18-3" ... because the writer of this article declares:

"I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome out of the storm. Such is Paul's point in Romans 1-8. The storm clouds are blackest, and our outlook bleakest, in the first three chapters of this great letter. All men-and that includes you and me-are justly condemned for our own sin in Romans 1:18-3:20. We are condemned for our sexual perversions, malice, deceit, hostility, envy, murder, folly, disobedience to parents, insolence, arrogance, lust, slander, and gossiping. The bottom line, Paul argues, is that there is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God; together we have turned aside and become debased (cf. 3:9-20). In short, Romans 1:18-3:20 is about the wrath of God justly unleashed against unrepentant sinners who turn their backs on him and his rule, and who prefer instead their own debauchery or self-made righteousness. These chapters depict a storm brewing at the present time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"

F

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Sushill
I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin.
Who are we to judge him, if he is a sinner or not, because of the Hudson River accident?
He is a pilot and a damn good one too. And we discuss if he is a sinner because he landed the plane instead of praying to god?
Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing?

Well, I don't think so. He is a good pilot, and a hero too. And that's enough for me.
He has a place in heaven. Many christians don't.

Moves
14 Feb 09

I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin. Just consider "Romans 1:18-3" ... because the writer of this article declares:

"I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome ou ...[text shortened]... t time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"
If you are free, why does your avatar depict slavery.

s

England

Moves
14 Feb 09

Who are we to judge him, if he is a sinner or not, because of the Hudson River accident?
He is a pilot and a damn good one too. And we discuss if he is a sinner because he landed the plane instead of praying to god?
Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing ...[text shortened]... nd a hero too. And that's enough for me.
its not for us to say who gets into heaven. saving your own life with others i doubt that qualifies, but i wait and see

s

England

Moves
14 Feb 09

"I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome ou ...[text shortened]... t time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"
try to concentrate on the good teachings. , love of the lord

S

Moves
14 Feb 09

Originally posted by divegeester
If you are free, why does your avatar depict slavery.
Who says I am free?

rc

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by stoker
try to concentrate on the good teachings. , love of the lord
yes yes, ignore the consequences, it will be alright?????

S

Moves
14 Feb 09

Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing ...[text shortened]... nd a hero too. And that's enough for me.
Where did I judge him?

w

Moves
15 Feb 09

Try asking the passengers on board if they were praying. 😉

Moves
15 Feb 09

Who says I am free?
Then you are a slave... to what?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by whodey
Try asking the passengers on board if they were praying. 😉
The only interview I have heard of a passenger was with Howard Stern who asked her if she thought about having sex one last time before she died. I wish the media had more good interviews like that one.

w

Moves
15 Feb 09
1 edit

The only interview I have heard of a passenger was with Howard Stern who asked her if she thought about having sex one last time before she died. I wish the media had more good interviews like that one.
I guess we need to give the masses what they crave and he seems to fit the bill. I just wonder if he is so preoccupied with sex or if he is just selling soap.